Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do you think of Coyle's tactics?

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What do you think of Coyle's tactics? Empty What do you think of Coyle's tactics? Sat Mar 17 2012, 21:02

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I know this is not really significant in light of what transpired but it serves as a distraction from the sad events possibly... All the best to Muamba and family.

I thought it was a bold team selection, and possibly a selection with one eye still on the Premier League survival battle.
Was it a good team selection and was it working out?
1-1 was a fair score at 40 minutes when the game ended and we looked good in parts but weak in other parts...

In case you don't remember...

Bogdan
Ricketts Boyata Knight Alonso
Ryo NRC Muamba Pratley Petrov
Klasnic

Is it a good idea to play Pratley? He is nobody's favourite player but he does seem to get amongst the goals and chances. Is it worth playing him for that reason?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The Klasnic thing was working fine because he was putting himself about for a change. I don't understand why he won't do that more often!

Pratley should be nothing more than a back-up player. His running and ability to find space is excellent, but he cannot do anything useful once he gets the ball. How often have you seen him pick it up in a promising position and just hit it straight at a defender or out of play?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be fair they did a lot better than I expected. Ok, it was only 41 minutes and we could have gone on to lose 6-1 but it was nice to see us create a couple of chances. I also thought Klasnic looked sharp, but he did miss a chance he'd normally bury.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think OCs selection has any bearing on his thoughts for Prem matches. But for what it's worth, it was OK but Ricketts and Alonso were too exposed. Better going forward though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum