Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic

+25
Barryjw
guest66
Tigermin
Norpig
Whitesince63
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
Chairmanda
frankboy
terenceanne
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Triumph
wessy
observer
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Soul Kitchen
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

21Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Wed Dec 18 2013, 16:52

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be at this game with my Humbug Santa hat on, so if we don't win and you see some lunatic getting a lack of effort ponce in a headlock in the 18 yard box it's me.

22Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Wed Dec 18 2013, 16:56

Unless of course, Garty grows a pair, sacks Useless Doug and appoints Di Canio before Saturday.

Then it'd probably be him.

Forza Paulo !!!

23Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Wed Dec 18 2013, 16:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree , get PDC here and Fuck Freedman off.

24Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Wed Dec 18 2013, 18:58

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Di canios a fucking idiot, though him with sammy lee as assistant would be rather funny.  Very Happy 

25Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Thu Dec 19 2013, 12:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Gibbs takes charge

Philip Gibbs will take charge of Wanderers’ clash with Charlton Athletic on Saturday afternoon.

A seasoned professional having been officiating games for over 10 years, the West Midlands based referee has taken the whistle for 11 games so far this term, dishing out 29 yellow and two red cards in the process.

The last time in which Gibbs refereed a Wanderers game was back on New Year’s Day when the Whites made the short trip to Yorkshire to face Leeds United, with the Elland Road outfit running out 1-0 winners.

Robert Ellis and Ricky Wootton will run the line for the game, while Scott Duncan will be the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

26Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Thu Dec 19 2013, 20:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Opposition watch: Charlton Athletic

A fixture which has been few and far between in recent years, Wanderers’ clashes with Charlton Athletic have certainly never been quiet affairs.

With just two stalemates between the two sides since their first meeting back in 1923, the Addicks’ relegation from the Premier League in 2007 meant that the teams would not lock horns again until last season’s clash at the Reebok Stadium – a game which saw the Whites run out 2-0 winners thanks to a late David Ngog brace.

Between their demotion from the top flight and Wanderers’ similar fate back in May 2012, the South London outfit had suffered another blow with relegation to League One in 2009 where they went onto spend three seasons.

A troublesome time for the club, there was to be light at the end of the tunnel in the form of an impressive promotion campaign last May – one which saw the Addicks clinch the league title with a record 101 points accumulated.

A remarkable upturn in fortunes for a club which at one point looked destined to remain in the third tier of English football for the foreseeable future, manager Chris Powell’s return to The Valley was undoubtedly crucial for Charlton.

Having enjoyed spells with the Addicks on three separate occasions, the former Southend United full-back – a firm fan favourite with the club’s supporters – led Charlton to a ninth place finish in their first season back in the Championship last term, just three points short of a play-off berth.

Despite their impressive return to the second tier last season however, the current campaign has proved to be more testing for the club, with the team currently residing in 21st position, a single point above the relegation zone.

Having strengthened their squad during the summer months – most notably with the arrival of seasoned striker Simon Church from Reading – many expected the Addicks to push for promotion once more, but ten defeats in their opening 20 games has halted the club’s progression.

With two wins at home and two away since the start of the season, consistency has proved to be a problem for Powell’s side, with last weekend’s 2-0 defeat at the hands of Derby their third reverse in four games.

Having overturned a two goal deficit when Wanderers travelled to the capital back in March however to run out 3-2 winners at The Valley, the Whites will certainly be aware of the threat which the Addicks pose come kick off on Saturday afternoon.

Richard Cawley – Charlton Athletic reporter for South London Press

“Charlton are in the kind of position that reflects their lack of spending. Manager Chris Powell has not had a huge budget to wield since promotion from League One and last season’s finish of ninth was achieving above their resources.

“So far the biggest issue for the Addicks has been their lack of goals – they have netted the least in the division. Defensively they tend to look solid but it is supplying creativity and hitting the back of the net that has been the main issue, despite both the playing personnel and formation being tinkered with.

“Their away has been quite good - it’s at The Valley, where the pitch is poor, that they have tended to struggle for results. Playing on the road suits them because there is less onus on them to take the initiative offensively. I think the final score will be a 1-1 draw.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

27Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Thu Dec 19 2013, 21:01

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ferguson said in his book he did everything to bring PDC to UTD, he said his character was top class.

Gartside wouldn't appoint him though, he'd be thinking in a few weeks he could be twatting me.

Expect another geek in a suit.

28Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sat Dec 21 2013, 01:01

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm expecting a repeat of the Doncaster match.

Charlton sound like a pathetic side this season. I can just hear the messages of high spirits on GMR driving away from the stadium, like we've finally turned a corner.

29Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sat Dec 21 2013, 07:48

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wont be satisfied until we win three games on the bounce, the manager has been doing a ''Coyle'' and been saying we're turning around a corner for months but hasn't stuck to his word.

I'm not happy with him playing a lone striker as it is, that's probably why we can't win three on the bounce, too negative !!

30Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sat Dec 21 2013, 10:13

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:I'm expecting a repeat of the Doncaster match.

Charlton sound like a pathetic side this season. I can just hear the messages of high spirits on GMR driving away from the stadium, like we've finally turned a corner.
I agree, I think we should comfortably beat Charlton, but with our poor consistency, anything can happen.

31Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sat Dec 21 2013, 15:02

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Where's the chatbox ?

32Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sat Dec 21 2013, 15:03

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:Where's the chatbox ?
??? Can't find it either.

33Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sat Dec 21 2013, 15:05

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just thinking the same myself.

34Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sat Dec 21 2013, 15:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've been abandoned!  Sad 

35Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty hi martin have we got chat Sat Dec 21 2013, 15:07

frankboy

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

MartinBWFC wrote:
Just thinking the same myself.

36Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sat Dec 21 2013, 15:07

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hopefully it will come up soon ..... I only have the BBC text .....and that's a good 10 minutes behind play.

37Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sat Dec 21 2013, 15:07

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Mods off to the pub for a quick pint I guess.

38Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sat Dec 21 2013, 15:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

4:18 Dangerous play by André Moritz (Bolton Wanderers). (WTF is that?)
4:18 Richard Wood (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

39Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sat Dec 21 2013, 15:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

5:45 Attempt missed. Dale Stephens (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from outside the box is close, but misses to the left. Assisted by Yann Kermorgant.

40Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Charlton Athletic Sat Dec 21 2013, 15:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers
24 Lonergan
17 McNaughton
15 Baptiste
18 Danns
04 Mills
05 Ream
07 Eagles