Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn

+3
Keegan
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Empty Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Tue Mar 20 2012, 12:46

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bolton Wanderers plan to go ahead with Saturday's derby against Blackburn Rovers, but will make a final decision in the next 24 hours.

However, Bolton are currently intending to play their local rivals and will confirm their decision by Wednesday at the latest.

Muamba had a comfortable last night in intensive care and the medical team continue to monitor his progress after he showed signs of improvement on Monday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Empty Re: Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Tue Mar 20 2012, 13:33

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Good the match should go ahead. The best present the team could give Muamba is to stuff Blackburn.

3Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Empty Re: Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Tue Mar 20 2012, 13:34

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The last team Muamba scored against at the Reebok, was Blackburn if memory serves me right.

Not that it means anything.

4Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Empty Re: Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Tue Mar 20 2012, 15:17

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

That's another reason to hope we stuff them properly.

Win 4 Muamba!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

5Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Empty Re: Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Tue Mar 20 2012, 19:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In view of events I can see the Blackburn game going ahead. I fancy us to nick it 2-1.

6Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Empty Re: Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Wed Mar 21 2012, 01:17

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

If we dont it us or qpr for the drop

7Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Empty Re: Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Wed Mar 21 2012, 13:16

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The current team is the most spineless I've seen play for Bolton.
This match calls for gutsy performances. We've lost and drawn to crapper sides at home than Blackburn and what happened on Saturday could give them just the fighting power they've lacked for 12 months.

The crowd is bound to be unusually vigorous too in light of Muamba's condition, which could work to our advantage.

I'd rather us be miles behind in terms of games played than have us lose this match, but great teams would see that an incident like this only made them tougher and get on with it virtually straight away, where only crap teams would wait around until after their tenth counselling session before they made a move.

8Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Empty Re: Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Wed Mar 21 2012, 13:20

It's pretty poor show that people are talking about a tragic event giving the players some fighting spirit, where has it been for the rest of the season.

Just seen Blackburns goals from last night, after Yakubu scored he lifted his shirt to reveal a "Pray for Muamba" t-shirt. If he wanted to do something for Muamba then maybe he shouldn't have scored.

9Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Empty Re: Bolton ''plan to face'' Blackburn Wed Mar 21 2012, 13:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hoilett and Yakubu will cause our pedestrian defence a lot of problems and it's a major worry as I feel we have to win this one. With no Muamba to shield the back 4 and the liklihood that OC will go for an attacking line up - possibly 442 - there are going to be goals in the game and its difficult to say who will dominate.
I pray it's us. A win against a resurgent Rovers will put a bit of space between us and the others, and keep Rovers in the relegation mix so it's a must win IMO. A draw wouldn't be the end of the world but a home loss? Doesn't bear thinking about.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum