Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie happy with performance vs Charlton

+11
Norpig
Banks of the Croal
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
Bolton Nuts
Culcheth_White
bryan458
karlypants
scottjames30
Soul Kitchen
observer
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Well after just seeing the so called ''highlights'' of the game on the FLShow, i'm not sure where all these so called chances are that Dougie speaks of as I could only count about 3 for us and 2 for them.

It's very frustrating as he seems to be happy with every performance at the moment even when we lose.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He's not going to say we are shite, he knows it's dire so he poorly plays mind games to detract from the truth.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Slagging off the players isn't the way forward, but neither is insulting the fans' intelligence. 

I don't think he believes what he says, it's just his way of persuading people to be patient. 

Obviously it's having the opposite effect.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Sorry, but its just nowhere near as atrocious as it was under Megson.
Under megson every goal kick was long, every free kick from the back was long, every free kick from half way was pumped forward, every throw was long down the line looking for a flick on. We never carved out chances that were real footballing brilliance or anything interesting to watch. at the least we now have some variation, some quick free kicks, some brains, some intelligence, some inventiveness...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Slagging off the players isn't the way forward, but neither is insulting the fans' intelligence. 

I don't think he believes what he says, it's just his way of persuading people to be patient. 

Obviously it's having the opposite effect.

Managers should always tell the truth. What possible benefit is there to publically saying you played well when everyone in the ground knows you didn't?

You are much more likely to keep the crowd on your side if you admit it was a poor performance and say the players will be working hard in training to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Only in football can the head of a company get away with lying to the paying customer.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

See above.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum