Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No chance of Sam coming back.

+3
doffcocker
wanderlust
scottjames30
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No chance of Sam coming back. Empty No chance of Sam coming back. Mon Dec 23 2013, 10:51

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13th best paid manager in the world.

2No chance of Sam coming back. Empty Re: No chance of Sam coming back. Mon Dec 23 2013, 15:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is news?

3No chance of Sam coming back. Empty Re: No chance of Sam coming back. Mon Dec 23 2013, 16:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That's amazing.

Surely they didn't want him that much.

4No chance of Sam coming back. Empty Re: No chance of Sam coming back. Mon Dec 23 2013, 16:05

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I know it sounds heretical to some but I wouldn't WANT Sam back. My reasoning is simple. Managers and players almost never do as well second time around at the same club. Howard Kendall at Everton, Kevin Keegan at Newcastle, Kenny Dalglish at Liverpool all did great jobs the first time and wound up failing badly the second. Personally I feel Sam did a brilliant job because he was the right man in the right place at the RIGHT TIME. The club has changed a great deal and so have the players, the coaching staff and even the fans since those halcyon days and I think it's best to enjoy the memories of the awesome times Sam's leadership brought rather than risk having them soured by him failing to re-create it if he came back now. 

Of course it wouldn't happen anyway but even if Sam was available and willing to return I'd still say no. I love what he did for us and what he accomplished but I don't think he should come back now both for his sake and the clubs.

5No chance of Sam coming back. Empty Re: No chance of Sam coming back. Mon Dec 23 2013, 17:30

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm pretty sure that I once read that BSA didn't want to stay as a manager for too long and he's now 59, he's no doubt a very wealthy man now and I really can't see him wanting the aggravation and stress of managing a club like us.

I wouldn't be surprised if BSA packs in management all together, once he receives his P45 from West Ham. I'd imagine he would prefer to sit in the television studio these days, counting his cash.

6No chance of Sam coming back. Empty Re: No chance of Sam coming back. Mon Dec 23 2013, 22:07

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Culcheth_White wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if BSA packs in management all together, once he receives his P45 from West Ham. I'd imagine he would prefer to sit in the television studio these days, counting his cash.

I think you could be right, let's face it what more could he achieve as a manager. It's not as if he is going to get a top top job with a top 4 club.

7No chance of Sam coming back. Empty Re: No chance of Sam coming back. Mon Dec 23 2013, 22:18

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think that anyone who even thinks Allardyce would come back to the Reebok is in need of therapy. We couldn't even afford to keep him in bad suits, besides he has nothing to gain and everything to lose by gambling on a return to Bolton and he's not the type to  allow sentiment to overcome reason.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum