Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman will stick with his style of play for Bolton Wanderers

+2
boltonbonce
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman launched a defence of his team’s tactics after yet another frustrating stalemate at the Reebok.

Wanderers paid for their failure to convert chances against Charlton Athletic, succumbing to a sixth home draw in 11 games this season.

Defender Kevin McNaughton scored his first goal since 2008 to cancel out Yann Kermorgant’s early opener for Chris Powell’s Addicks – but having got themselves back into the game on the stroke of half time it was the Whites’ inability to go on and win it that exasperated the home crowd.

Freedman appealed for patience from the terraces but says he will not be changing his team’s style of play in an effort to change results.

“I’m asking the players to do something they haven’t really been doing before and that’s moving the ball from the back,” he said.

“We are not taking our chances right now and it’s affecting the results but I strongly believe we have enough quality and strong characters in the dressing room so that when do start taking our chances we start winning games of football.

“The results don’t match the performances but I don’t think it’s far away.”

Freedman named what he believed to be an attack-minded line-up, bringing Chris Eagles back into the side for Darren Pratley, but played with only one recognised striker in Joe Mason.

And it was a sense of frustration for the Scot that his selection decision did not equate to goals against the Addicks.

“I put as many attacking players on that pitch as I could – Neil Danns running from midfield, I kept Chungy and Eagles on the pitch as much as I could, but it’s my right-back who scores the goal.

“I sit here in front of you guys and I always try to be very honest – and we had four or five good chances to win that game but you have got to take them.

“The football we are playing is creating opportunities. I’m not sure it’s the only way we should be playing but with the attacking players I have got in this side it’s the way I have got to play.

“They want to go forward, be on the front foot, and I have to organise it like that.”

Source

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a load of bollocks.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think Dougie forgets this isn't Championship Manager.

He can't possibly believe in the system. He could so easily revert to basics, and the system that got us challenging for the play-offs last season, but there's no fun in that. It's just not clever enough.

So reading that, it sounds like he's saying, he's got a squad of gung-ho nutters who just want to bomb forward all the time and try and score as many as possible.

Hmmmm.............

(A) You're the fucking manager, Doug. You tell them what to do, not the other way round.

and

(B) What Bonce said earlier.

This latest instalment of The Deluded Thoughts of Captain Clueless sounds like a pack of lies made up to try and suggest that he's not to blame for us being shite.

Has Megson had plastic surgery like in Face Off and crept back into the club....?

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

You FUCKING TOSSER Freedman!!!!!!!!!!!!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

moving the ball from the back? Someone forgot to tell Mills then as all he ever does is hoof it 50 yards upfield to a striker who can't head a ball!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

"Freedman appealed for patience from the terraces but says he will not be changing his team’s style of play in an effort to change results."

this bit has me stumped.
is the cunt stubborn or just stupid? Hes basically saying he does not care about trying to gst points on the board.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:"Freedman appealed for patience from the terraces but says he will not be changing his team’s style of play in an effort to change results."

this bit has me stumped.
is the cunt stubborn or just stupid? Hes basically saying he does not care about trying to gst points on the board.

He likes to be in denial all the time RR  Mad 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum