Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next season a solid defence from the start

+11
gloswhite
doffcocker
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
observer
scottjames30
White84
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Obviously you were not at Bayern Munich when Al Habsi played or the Boro match we won to stay up 1-0 McCann scored from I yard scramble.Lonerghan is average Bogdan is shite.ID take Jaskaelainen back.But Baptiste is never a right back or left back he should be centre half with mills be Hayden White could come in as right back and we need a solid left back.But the season is over,August starts now.I don't know our financial situation and it's time to blood Connor wilkinson but what do I know?

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Lonerghan has been an improvement on Bogdan  but he is no better than any other keeper in the Champoinship .Al habsi has played in Wigans last 2 matches and kept clean sheets.But everyone is entitled to an opinion.The seasons over I'm ready to book my holidays.Freedman can fuck off.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Lonergan and he is a pretty decent keeper at this level. I would much rather have Lonergan in goal, than the hapless Adam Bogdan and I think our goalkeeping department, is the least of Dougie's concerns at the moment.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:Obviously you were not at Bayern Munich when Al Habsi played or the Boro match we won to stay up 1-0

Yes, because he's the same goalkeeper he was 6 years ago. Perhaps we should bring back Kevin Davies and Ricardo Gardner, they were pretty decent 6 years ago too.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:There is absolutely nothing wrong with Lonergan and he is a pretty decent keeper at this level. I would much rather have Lonergan in goal, than the hapless Adam Bogdan and I think our goalkeeping department, is the least of Dougie's concerns at the moment.

How dare you speak highly of a Coyle signing.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:There is absolutely nothing wrong with Lonergan and he is a pretty decent keeper at this level. I would much rather have Lonergan in goal, than the hapless Adam Bogdan and I think our goalkeeping department, is the least of Dougie's concerns at the moment.

How dare you speak highly of a Coyle signing.
He was only brought in as backup for Bogdan though.  :party:

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

White84 wrote:Obviously you were not at Bayern Munich when Al Habsi played or the Boro match we won to stay up 1-0 McCann scored from I yard scramble.Lonerghan is average Bogdan is shite.ID take Jaskaelainen back.But Baptiste is never a right back or left back he should be centre half with mills be Hayden White could come in as right back and we need a solid left back.But the season is over,August starts now.I don't know our financial situation and it's time to blood Connor wilkinson but what do I know?
White the fact is that Al Habsi went to Wigan because he thought he was too good to be the deputy any more, a point I agreed with him on at the time. However, he's not as good as he was back then and frankly what I've seen of him this season says he's not much if any better than what we have NOW. What he did years ago isn't important in this context. 

But I still would NOT have him back if he was in perfect shape and on top form. My reason is simple, players almost NEVER do as well the second time around at a club and for me this is a guaranteed disaster if it happens. Originally he came to us on his way up, never made it to our first choice number one spot then and left thinking he would go on to bigger and better things at Wigan. They were relegated, he's on his way down in form and fitness is now suspect as well. Coming back here would be a loss of face for him especially if we signed him on a Bosman and frankly his confidence looked shot the last time I saw him in a Latics shirt as it was. 

So no; on every level just no. It's bad for us, bad for him and wouldn't work. I'll look back at Munich and Boro and smile because the memories won't be sullied by him dropping clangers against Yeovil Town and Doncaster Rovers. Andy Lonergan's a good enough keeper for this level, Adam Bogdan can be awesome at his best. The men in front of them need to be sorted out but even after the Leicester Game I'd say we were by and large improving in that regard until that match. We just don't NEED Ali Al Habsi today, we need the Ali Al Habsi of five or six years ago and he is gone mate, for good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum