Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough

+18
boltonbonce
Angry Dad
rammywhite
Whitesince63
gloswhite
scottjames30
Tigermin
Boggersbelief
karlypants
wessy
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Triumph
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
Jack Russell
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 19:35

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Freedman's an actual knob. I don't think anybody can argue with that now.

Of the Leicester match, he said "We went to Leicester and scored three goals, so that in itself is a positive."

For today's match he dropped every player that scored at Leicester.

I won't be happy if he's sacked, but the drinks will be on me if he resigns.

42Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 19:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very very poor tactics again, why does he insist on being so defensive at home. Even with our shite formation we dominated that game, start two strikers and we'd have beat boro, 2 goals down or not.

Dougie isn't learning from his mistakes and he clearly has no faith in our attacking ability even though we have talented attackers. The manager is the reason we are where we are, someone who knows what they're doing would have this squad challenging for the play offs at the very least.

43Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 19:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

both centre halves are a liability, neither can pass a ball and just hoof at every opportunity. The free kick late in the games summed them up. Mills passes to Knight who then gives it him back and he puts it straight into touch! That being said the booing of Knights every touch was extremely unhelpful.

Bizarre decisions as well up front, Mason was ineffective, why drop Beckford and Moritz? He really is clueless and needs to be pulled on this and made to explain himself.

44Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 19:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Very very poor tactics again, why does he insist on being so defensive at home. Even with our shite formation we dominated that game, start two strikers and we'd have beat boro, 2 goals down or not.

Dougie isn't learning from his mistakes and he clearly has no faith in our attacking ability even though we have talented attackers. The manager is the reason we are where we are, someone who knows what they're doing would have this squad challenging for the play offs at the very least.

This. Why oh why can he not play a home game ( or any game for that matter ) with two up front? Moritz was supposed to have taken a knock against Leicester but he was on the bench?

On the plus side, coming back from 2-0 down does show some character. We always seem to play better coming from behind

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Wed Jan 01 2014, 19:58; edited 1 time in total

45Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 19:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:New year same old shit then!!

Spot on.

46Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 20:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is absolutely no doubt that Freedman is a clown and, once again, his team selection left Bolton fans shaking their heads. I'm pretty sure that Dougie is the only manager who would drop the players who scored in the previous game.

Having said that, there's not a lot Dougie can do about the absolute lack of basic footballing skills on the pitch. The defence is an utter shambles. Knight's ability is well documented, but Mills is an embarrassment and equally as bad. He has two settings: head the ball and hoof it, anything else is beyond him. Baptiste is a better striker than defender. The term "headless chicken" was invented for this knob. And even Ream was hoofing the ball at every opportunity today, that's if he wasn't passing it to the Boro winger.

Chung Lee should not play for BWFC again, he's lost any ability he once had and is nothing more than a sideways passing passenger. Spearing is like some heavy drinking pub league footballer, how can a professional footballer who once played for Liverpool have so little ball control? Mavies tried hard but he simply doesn't have the ability some Bolton fans seem to think he has - several times he broke away only to pass the ball to Boro.

As for the strikers, God help us. While I felt a bit sorry for Mason having to play on his own upfront with it being hoofed in his general direction, the few times it was played to his feet it bounced off him like he was made of iron. And when he was put through on goal he sliced it wide. Beckford came on and was utter shit, an embarrassment in fact.

So Freedman is clearly at fault, but the players are responsible for more dropped points. But until Freedman starts dropping people for pisspoor displays nothing will change.

47Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 20:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:KP. do you love this little  lol! ?

I do!  lol! 

48Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 20:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Small things, KP, small things.

49Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 20:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
So Freedman is clearly at fault, but the players are responsible for more dropped points.

We credit managers for when they come in and individual performances improve, so they have to take some blame for when they drop as well.

It's hard to imagine a healthy morale in the dressing room, when we've got players getting dropped for playing well and scoring goals.

50Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 20:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

We credit managers for when they come in and individual performances improve, so they have to take some blame for when they drop as well.

It's hard to imagine a healthy morale in the dressing room, when we've got players getting dropped for playing well and scoring goals.

I do blame Freedman to an extent, but he can't be blamed for professional footballers not being able to do things many Sunday League players take for granted.

51Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 22:28

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

When Coyle was manager, I'd see the teamsheet and 99% of the time want to shout and throw things.

Can anybody honestly say they feel more confident under Dougie that they'll see the team he's picked and be happy with it?

We scored three at Leicester and each goalscorer was dropped. We conceded five and the defence was unchanged. I've never known anything like it.

52Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 22:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i have no confidence in him at all now after today, the man is clueless and wouldn't know his best team if it came and kicked him up the arse.

He talked recently about playing from the back, did he forget to tell Knight and Mills? Endless long balls to a lone striker who is well under 6 foot tall.

I dont care if it will cost us to sack him, just get rid now!

53Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 22:35

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:When Coyle was manager, I'd see the teamsheet and 99% of the time want to shout and throw things.

Can anybody honestly say they feel more confident under Dougie that they'll see the team he's picked and be happy with it?

We scored three at Leicester and each goalscorer was dropped. We conceded five and the defence was unchanged. I've never known anything like it.

Could not have said it better!

54Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 22:40

Coyles biggest problem was not being tactically flexible or astute enough to change week to week. Dougie is the polar opposite and wants to change it every week. I don't think he's wrong to be rotating the squad as we clearly need it with such a busy season. But Beckfprd should definitely have played today, he also has to get Knight out of the team again. Options are very limited at the moment and we clearly need reinforcements, but surely it's time to give White and re-unite Mills and Ream.

But I agree with Nat we didn't win today because Zat Knight pulled out two incredible gaffes. Not because the squads being over rotated.

55Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 22:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've seen no progress at all under Freedman,but I fear we're stuck with him for the foreseeable future. If I had my way he'd be out.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

56Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 22:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i would get rid of Mills as well, sunday league players have more passing ability and finesse than him. We need to try Baptiste and Ream as a partnership and get in some decent full backs.

57Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Wed Jan 01 2014, 22:53

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I predicted we would be lucky not to be relegated this year ..... I have not changed my view.

Eventually I think we will probably finish 16th or so ....but the Doog will do his best to make my prediction true I'm afraid.  This lad is making OC look like a genius.

58Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Thu Jan 02 2014, 00:13

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I saw more positives again today. The master plan is coming together. Far from perfect but its the best Bolton side I have seen in a good few years.
I know that will sound like silly talk to many and I understand why, but I have confidence that given a couple more months I will be proved right.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

59Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Thu Jan 02 2014, 00:30

Biggie wrote:I saw more positives again today. The master plan is coming together. Far from perfect but its the best Bolton side I have seen in a good few years.
I know that will sound like silly talk to many and I understand why, but I have confidence that given a couple more months I will be proved right.

Tell everybody that you're not me and it was all a big joke for fucks' sake because, whilst I thank you for your kind comments the other day, you appraisal of the team's performance today is simply bollocks. And I want to distance myself from it.

And I don't want people thinking that I'm you, because I work very hard at being me on the interweb and I don't want all that hard work going to waste.

Cheers.

60Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Middlesbrough Thu Jan 02 2014, 01:25

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Biggie wrote:I saw more positives again today. The master plan is coming together. Far from perfect but its the best Bolton side I have seen in a good few years.
This is a windup right biggie tell me it is?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum