Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie could allow Whites duo to go out on loan

+3
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Craig Davies could be allowed out on loan by Wanderers if he fails to secure first team football in the next few weeks.

Dougie Freedman confirmed that Millwall failed in an effort to take the big striker on loan during December because he was still working his way back to full fitness after a succession of niggling injuries.

His last start for the club came in August, against today’s opponents Nottingham Forest, but he has not been since in a Wanderers shirt since coming on as a substitute, against Millwall, in November.

Freedman insists the Wales international, who became his first permanent signing at the Reebok when he came in from Barnsley for £300,000 a year ago, is not being forced out of the door.

“Is he up for loan? I’d say no,” the manager said. “But if he gets frustrated at not getting a game and he needs to play then maybe I’d look at it.

“Craig is back running around for us and training but I think because Jermaine Beckford hit a bit of form and so did Andre Moritz, he just needs to be patient.

“How long can he do that for? I don’t know. But that’s where we are right now.”

On the opposite end of the scale is Tyrone Mears, who has been told he can leave on loan, but who remains in limbo at present.

It is understood the full-back is fit enough to play but has not been included in Freedman’s first team since the end of August.

Alex Baptiste knocked the ex-Burnley man down the pecking order when he arrived on a free transfer in the summer and hopes are high Joe Riley can return to full fitness to compete for a place.

That leaves Mears with little option at present but to wait until the summer when his contract at the club expires.

“There have been no offers for Tyrone,” Freedman confirmed. “We have circulated information to say that he’s available on loan but we’ve had no phone calls for him or any of my players in the last couple of weeks.”

Source

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

karlypants wrote:
“There have been no offers for Tyrone,” Freedman confirmed. “We have circulated information to say that he’s available on loan but we’ve had no phone calls for him or any of my players in the last couple of weeks.”

Source

Wow, that's a surprise....... Rolling Eyes 

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

aaron_bwfc wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Source

Wow, that's a surprise....... Rolling Eyes 

lol! 

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ridiculous that a manager would sign a player for £300k and not give him a fair chance.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ridiculous that a manager would sign a player for £300k and not give him a fair chance.

I can't agree more with this.

Dougie said Cavies was part of his plans last season and hasn't given him a chance this season so makes me feel that Dougie is in denial and likes to be in the shit as he hasn't changed the team much and only discovered recently the art of putting 2 strikers in the team!

Sick of listening to your shit now Dougie, time to fuck off you cock!

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Ridiculous that a manager would sign a player for £300k and not give him a fair chance.

I can't agree more with this.

Dougie said Cavies was part of his plans last season and hasn't given him a chance this season so makes me feel that Dougie is in denial and likes to be in the shit as he hasn't changed the team much and only discovered recently the art of putting 2 strikers in the team!

Sick of listening to your shit now Dougie, time to fuck off you cock!

He also said that Beckford 'hit a bit of form'. I must have missed that.
But it's the notion that 'he hit a bit of form' What's that about . Is hitting form like winning at bingo?  Is it just the luck of the draw- sometimes you hit form, sometimes you don't.He should be in form all the time - that's his job, what he's paid for.
If I did my job intermittently, every time I 'hit a bit of form' I'd be down the road. Our Duggie should really think about the meaning of words before he starts spouting

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dougie would rather die than give Davies a match, and he's not willing to loan him out?

If it's not an effort to get as much money out of interested parties as possible, it's further evidence that he's not the man for us.

rammywhite wrote:He also said that Beckford 'hit a bit of form'. I must have missed that.
But it's the notion that 'he hit a bit of form' What's that about . Is hitting form like winning at bingo?  Is it just the luck of the draw- sometimes you hit form, sometimes you don't.He should be in form all the time - that's his job, what he's paid for.
If I did my job intermittently, every time I 'hit a bit of form' I'd be down the road. Our Duggie should really think about the meaning of words before he starts spouting

I'd guess he's referring to Beckford playing well since his return to the team and has scored twice in his last 3 starts. 

Hitting form is something all footballers do, especially strikers. Unfortunately it's not as simple as saying they should play to their maximum every week, it simply doesn't happen at any level of the sport (except possibly Messi and Ronaldo).

To be honest I think he's got the meaning of hitting form spot on (it's a very easy concept), I don't really see the problem.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel sorry for Craig Davies. He hasn't been given anywhere near as many starting opportunities as the rest of the forwards. Just look at Adebayor at Spurs. Banished to the reserves under AVB but as soon as Sherwood took the helm and reinstated him and Defoe they look like the Bees Knees.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:He also said that Beckford 'hit a bit of form'. I must have missed that.

I'd guess he's referring to Beckford playing well since his return to the team and has scored twice in his last 3 starts. 

Hitting form is something all footballers do, especially strikers. Unfortunately it's not as simple as saying they should play to their maximum every week, it simply doesn't happen at any level of the sport (except possibly Messi and Ronaldo).

To be honest I think he's got the meaning of hitting form spot on (it's a very easy concept), I don't really see the problem.

The problem is that he is vocal when players hit form  as if this is something exceptionally good. - that it's not normal.
Of course players form dips occasionally- but hitting from shouldn't be the exception- losing it should be. Its as if they are in a permanent bad patch and on the odd occasion lift themselves out of it- that being out of form is the norm. Craig Davies has been badly treated by not even getting on to the subs bench.
No-one ,especially Duggie can claim that his two prime strikers (N'gog and Beckford) have setting the heather on fire as strikers. The reality is they haven't -and Craig Davies should at least have been given a few runouts to see perhaps if he might be'in form'

Agree with you about Craig Davies, can't understand what's gone on there and you're right he's deserved an opportunity this year especially as he offers something a little different to Beckford and N'gog.

But I still don't see the issue with the manager commenting that a player is in form, it's almost a throwaway comment of little meaning, and in Beckfords case it was true so I hope his injury isn't severe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum