Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Craig Dawson and Joe Mason.

+5
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Empty Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Tue Jan 14 2014, 11:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to Alan Nixon..

West Brom will let Craig Dawson go out on loan next month-if the England Under-21 cap wants to leave. Centre-half Dawson's future is to be decided shortly as he once again fails to make the big breakthrough with the Baggies. Dawson could go to the Championship and Bolton-who took him last season-head the queue. The former Rochdale defender may decide to wait and see what the next manager thinks of him, but the signs are that he will go elsewhere.

Cardiff will sell striker Joe Mason, sparking an auction between Brighton and Bolton. Mason, 22, is just back from a loan spell with Wanderers, who would like him again-but now the Seagulls are keen to buy the skilful attacker who could leave for around £1 million.

2Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Empty Re: Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Tue Jan 14 2014, 11:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe the club would waste money on Mason - he looked lightweight and shite.

Hang on, this is BWFC so I expect a £5m bid soon.

3Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Empty Re: Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Tue Jan 14 2014, 14:06

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I can't believe the club would waste money on Mason - he looked lightweight and shite.
In short, he sounds like a typical candidate?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Empty Re: Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Tue Jan 14 2014, 14:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It would be great to get Dawson back but I have a feeling that he doesn't want to come back to us?

5Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Empty Re: Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Tue Jan 14 2014, 14:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a Rochdale lad and I think he would prefer to play for us than Brighton. The Wanderers fans appreciated his efforts.

6Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Empty Re: Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Tue Jan 14 2014, 14:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:He's a Rochdale lad and I think he would prefer to play for us than Brighton. The Wanderers fans appreciated his efforts.

I seemed to have missed the bit where it said he was from Rochdale.

7Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Empty Re: Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Tue Jan 14 2014, 17:08

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

re mason...
it says bidding war...
he will go to Brighton then.
chill.

8Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Empty Re: Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Tue Jan 14 2014, 17:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently Dawson is off to forest as a replacement for Hobbs.

9Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Empty Re: Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Tue Jan 14 2014, 17:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:re mason...
it says bidding war...
chill.

Why would we want Mason? He did nothing during his brief spell. Surely that should be enough for Dougie to look elsewhere.

10Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Empty Re: Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Wed Jan 15 2014, 09:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our immediate need is for a LB and perhaps a short-term replacement for Beckford so I'd be surprised if the club is even considering a CB and a winger (although Dougie did deploy Mason up front for some reason)

11Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Empty Re: Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Wed Jan 15 2014, 10:05

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:re mason...
it says bidding war...
chill.

Why would we want Mason? He did nothing during his brief spell. Surely that should be enough for Dougie to look elsewhere.

He looked OK.

anyway, what im saying nat is chill - we don't do 'bidding wars' - we only sign players when nobody else is interested, so he wont be here anyway.

12Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Empty Re: Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Wed Jan 15 2014, 12:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

He looked OK.

anyway, what im saying nat is chill - we don't do 'bidding wars' - we only sign players when nobody else is interested, so he wont be here anyway.

Rob Earnshaw has scored bags of goals at this level, has pace, and would cost peanuts to sign.

Can anyone really come up with a realistic target who would be less of a risk than Earnshaw?

13Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Empty Re: Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Wed Jan 15 2014, 12:11

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

David Nugent - his contract with Leicester runs out July 2014, maybe you could have a quiet word?

14Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Empty Re: Craig Dawson and Joe Mason. Wed Jan 15 2014, 12:31

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Ian wright can still knock a ball about.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum