Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC player contract expiry dates

+7
NickFazer
Soul Kitchen
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
JAH
Norpig
wanderlust
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BWFC player contract expiry dates Empty BWFC player contract expiry dates Mon Jan 20 2014, 12:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2014:
Eagles
Moritz
Holden
Ngog
Mears
Danns
Knight
Lee-Barrett

2015:
CYL
Mills
Bogdan
Beckford
Ream
Pratley
Cavies
Tierney
Vela
Lonergan

2016:
Baptiste
Medo
Hall
Wheater

2017:
Mavies
Spearing

Sordell, Andrews, Eaves and others out on loan return end of this season, but I have no info when their contracts expire.

Looks like the manager's hands are going to be tied for a few seasons yet so it's a matter of gradual change - getting the surplus ones off the books when possible to make the occasional new purchase and developing the youngsters asap.

2BWFC player contract expiry dates Empty Re: BWFC player contract expiry dates Mon Jan 20 2014, 13:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

looking at the 2014 names, i would let them all go to be honest but Danns is not our player anyway and would be the only one i would sign

Maybe its time to cash in on Chungy as well?

3BWFC player contract expiry dates Empty Re: BWFC player contract expiry dates Mon Jan 20 2014, 15:56

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:2014:
Eagles
Moritz
Holden
Ngog
Mears
Danns
Knight
Lee-Barrett

2015:
CYL
Mills
Bogdan
Beckford
Ream
Pratley
Cavies
Tierney
Vela
Lonergan

2016:
Baptiste
Medo
Hall
Wheater

2017:
Mavies
Spearing

Sordell, Andrews, Eaves and others out on loan return end of this season, but I have no info when their contracts expire.

Looks like the manager's hands are going to be tied for a few seasons yet so it's a matter of gradual change - getting the surplus ones off the books when possible to make the occasional new purchase and developing the youngsters asap.

This is a good insight into which players might be gone, however, it highlights what a complete bell-end Freedman is by alienating the rest of the squad whose contracts don't expire this year! Well done son take a bow!  :clap:

4BWFC player contract expiry dates Empty Re: BWFC player contract expiry dates Mon Jan 20 2014, 16:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yup. Dougie's "not fit to wear the shirt" comment is the type of thing Mick McCarthy would have come out with.

Although he has tried mollycoddling the overpaid tosspots previously and that didn't work out too well.

5BWFC player contract expiry dates Empty Re: BWFC player contract expiry dates Mon Jan 20 2014, 17:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I haven't read/watched any Freedman comment after Saturday, but if he really did say "not fit to wear the shirt" then he has gone up in my estimations because it is 100% true.

Sadly, he will pick the same "not fit to wear the shirt" players for our next league game.

6BWFC player contract expiry dates Empty Re: BWFC player contract expiry dates Mon Jan 20 2014, 19:19

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Of the 2014 players, I'd keep Moritz. The rest can bugger off.
Of the 2015 players, I'd keep Mills and Vela. The rest can bugger off.
Of the 2016 players, I'd keep Hall. The rest can bugger off.

Mills has shown a little improvement on the pitch but seems to actually care - which is more than I can say for the majority of these Overpaid Ponces™.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

7BWFC player contract expiry dates Empty Re: BWFC player contract expiry dates Mon Jan 20 2014, 20:01

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd go for Moritz too. The only one ever likely to show up, and I include Mavies in that.

8BWFC player contract expiry dates Empty Re: BWFC player contract expiry dates Mon Jan 20 2014, 20:06

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

2014:
Eagles
Moritz
Holden
Ngog
Mears
Danns
Knight
Lee-Barrett

Keep Danns, that's it

2015:
CYL
Mills
Bogdan
Beckford
Ream
Pratley
Cavies
Tierney
Vela
Lonergan

Would sell any of this lot should anyone be stupid enough to pay money, Lonergan is OK, Mills and Ream are OK, Vela I would give a run to to see if he's up to it.

2016:
Baptiste
Medo
Hall
Wheater

Wheater has been a disaster, the rest are average at best. Again if offers came in, drop them off.

2017:
Mavies
Spearing

Mavis I like as a player, for me he should play just behind a main striker as he's too lightweight for midfield, Spearing has been out of sorts all season, probably realised what a bollock he's dropped.

9BWFC player contract expiry dates Empty Re: BWFC player contract expiry dates Tue Jan 21 2014, 07:16

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

From the 2014 bunch I'd keep Eagles as well- on much lower money. Despite he's inconsistent ,he has got class which I think we'd see more of in a winning team.
If Holden comes back anything like he was before ( and that's a big if) I'd keep him as well

10BWFC player contract expiry dates Empty Re: BWFC player contract expiry dates Tue Jan 21 2014, 10:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:From the 2014 bunch I'd keep Eagles as well- on much lower money. Despite he's inconsistent ,he has got class which I think we'd see more of in a winning team.
If Holden comes back anything like he was before ( and that's a big if) I'd keep him as well

Key here is the "much lower money" bit.
If it was possible to renegotiate contracts to liberate a bit of cash for transfers/wages, there are a few I'd keep, but of course that won't happen.

11BWFC player contract expiry dates Empty Re: BWFC player contract expiry dates Tue Jan 21 2014, 17:59

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:2014:
Eagles
Moritz
Holden
Ngog
Mears
Danns
Knight
Lee-Barrett

2015:
CYL
Mills
Bogdan
Beckford
Ream
Pratley
Cavies
Tierney
Vela
Lonergan

2016:
Baptiste
Medo
Hall
Wheater

2017:
Mavies
Spearing
2014 Holden, yes if he can get fit, give him a one year rolling deal. Eagles ditto, Moritz I'd be trying to get re-signed now on a two or three year deal. Danns isn't ours but if poss I'd make him one of ours and give him a two or three year deal. N'gog, an odd one that, we paid some biggish money for him but I still think he has some quality although he doesn't seem to work under DF's 'system' (alleged system, not sure it can really be called one) and if DF goes in the summer (as I think he might) then perhaps a new manager can find a way to get the best out of him and make him worthwhile. Short term deal? Month to month maybe? The rest, don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out. 

2015 CYL is a keep. Bogdan Lonergan and Beckford ditto. Sell everyone else if we can.

2016 Don't think I'm overwhelmed by any of them but I doubt Dougie will last this far so maybe a new man could get more out of them. As things currently stand I'd say sell them all to buy better quality and value replacements if we can.

2017 This is too far ahead for me to say one way or the other now. I think both have lots of positives but they need the right manager and I'll be gobsmacked if DF is still here then anyway. If they were out of contract this year I'd say keep both but as they aren't I'll simply say I don't know. If a silly money offer comes in then we have to listen given our finances but I very much doubt one will. In fact none of the names on this list appear to have much market value which only adds to my fear about the club's horrendous financial position.

12BWFC player contract expiry dates Empty Re: BWFC player contract expiry dates Tue Jan 21 2014, 19:05

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Pretty worrying list. I didn't realise we were stuck with Wheater until 2016 though - another Coyle master stroke I assume.

13BWFC player contract expiry dates Empty Re: BWFC player contract expiry dates Wed Jan 22 2014, 08:01

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think we are a bit quick dismissing some of these players. Many of the ones that people want to dump have been good players in the past- and might be so again.
At the minute there's a deep malaise amongst the players - and it might only be partly their fault. I'm  not trying to justify the shambles last weekend- that was and remains a disgrace.
But look at what's happening.

There are  players being played out of position, in the team one week then not even on the bench the next,tactics which no-one really can fathom, overpaid 'ponces' (to quote Nat) earning a fortune doing nothing, low crowds that make their feelings known, an appalling start to the season which must have affected confidence
Almost everything is depressed and depressing- and although I've tried to be forgiving about this, I think Dougie must take his share of the blame.
I know some will defend him saying that he inherited poor players, his hands are tied financially, he's actually a misunderstood messiah with a brilliant masterplan that will come good next season. But he should have done better.

There is only Mears in this list who has never performed for us- all the rest of them (Knight included) who have played well. I am no apologist for the players- but give them a break- it's the bloke who is leading them as manager (and his sleeping partner,Lennie) who must shoulder the blame for this.
In the past we have had a bad habit of turning on our own- look at the treatment Nolan got- so we should back off  from being overcritical of the players and point the finger at the bloke who's earning half a million a year for trying to manage them.
Of course the players need a good kick up the arse to make them understand the situation- but that's his job and he's not doing it well

14BWFC player contract expiry dates Empty Re: BWFC player contract expiry dates Wed Jan 22 2014, 10:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:I think we are a bit quick dismissing some of these players. Many of the ones that people want to dump have been good players in the past- and might be so again.
At the minute there's a deep malaise amongst the players - and it might only be partly their fault. I'm  not trying to justify the shambles last weekend- that was and remains a disgrace.
But look at what's happening.

There are  players being played out of position, in the team one week then not even on the bench the next,tactics which no-one really can fathom, overpaid 'ponces' (to quote Nat) earning a fortune doing nothing, low crowds that make their feelings known, an appalling start to the season which must have affected confidence
Almost everything is depressed and depressing- and although I've tried to be forgiving about this, I think Dougie must take his share of the blame.
I know some will defend him saying that he inherited poor players, his hands are tied financially, he's actually a misunderstood messiah with a brilliant masterplan that will come good next season. But he should have done better.

There is only Mears in this list who has never performed for us- all the rest of them (Knight included) who have played well. I am no apologist for the players- but give them a break- it's the bloke who is leading them as manager (and his sleeping partner,Lennie) who must shoulder the blame for this.
In the past we have had a bad habit of turning on our own- look at the treatment Nolan got- so we should back off  from being overcritical of the players and point the finger at the bloke who's earning half a million a year for trying to manage them.
Of course the players need a good kick up the arse to make them understand the situation- but that's his job and he's not doing it well

Good post Rammy. I think the warning signs were there before the season started. We never won a single game pre season!

Some of the players get a bit too much stick which is unjustified. I'd like to see what Baptiste is like by playing at centre half before dismissing him as a shite defender.

It's obvious we have no money so for me the only way forward is to start blooding some of the youngsters. Our season is effectively over so we should be looking at giving Sanmi, Rob Hall, Wilkinson and White some proper game time.

15BWFC player contract expiry dates Empty Re: BWFC player contract expiry dates Wed Jan 22 2014, 13:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Some of the players get a bit too much stick which is unjustified. I'd like to see what Baptiste is like by playing at centre half before dismissing him as a shite defender.

People at the top of any professional sport get stick when they lose, it's part of being a top sportsperson.

I'm sick of the happy clapping brigade saying we should back them more, when did not giving 100% for BWFC become acceptable? I will never back any player who gives less than 100% for my ex-team.

And neither should any of you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum