Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can State Schools Be As Good As Fee Paying Schools?

+4
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yet another out of touch politician, Michael Gove, thinks you can have state schools comparable to fee paying schools, obviously on a lesser budget! What planet is this dickhead on?
There's one halfwit I know who's a classroom assistant, so full of her own importance it's untrue, and so stupid as to put nappies down the toilet!!
And that's the level of guidance you get in a state school!!!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think you can beat private education but not everybody can afford it. Gove is an idiot if he thinks this scheme will work because it wont. They are always tinkering with things instead of leaving the experts to get on with it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went to Masefield Primary in Little Lever and Penwortham Girls in Preston - both state schools that were better than private schools.

And look at me now! Michael Gove is right.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Private school pupils, will always do better in life, take me as your example.  :bow:

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I went to Masefield Primary in Little Lever and Penwortham Girls in Preston - both state schools that were better than private schools.

And look at me now! Michael Gove is right.
Why, who are yer?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Why, who are yer?

Preston's "Businesswoman of the Year" two years running.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lets see what he said.....

State schools to be open 9-10 hours a day - funnily enough Bolton school is at most finishes at 330pm which equates to 6.5 teaching hours!!!   Therefore why should a state school have to stay open longer?

Private school teachers are, on average, paid 20% more that state school teachers - therefore are state school teachers going to get more pay?

Private school have class sizes up to a maximum of 20 pupils!  State schools have, on average nowadays, between 35 and 40 pupils per class!!!  Therefore is the state going to hire more teachers, build more schools or even extend the current schools?

Giving more authority to the teachers in the classroom - even the Private school teachers have to uphold the law so is he now going to introduce a 2 tier legal system for classroom authority - how much is that going to cost and will that not create a division!

Going to remove the notice given to after-school detention - sure a good idea in principle but if no notice is given how are parents going to know if/when their cherubs are going to be late home, or cannot pick up their siblings at lower school or if their child is going to make the school bus, which could actually be the only bus to get home with (especially if they live in the sticks)!!!

Academies can already enrol non-qualified teachers as teachers, but private schools cannot and State schools cannot - but he is wanting the same system for state schools!!!  That means the qualified and more experience teachers will be side-lined or employed only the Private Sector thus giving the children in private schools an even more of a better chance or achieving much more.

In my opinion Gove is cunt and doesn't know anything about education in the UK - look at the mess he has  created with the exams , starting from this coming September (although it will be another 6-12 months before the textbooks will be available for schools!!!!

If anything yes the school day needs to be extended but only by an hour - from 830am to 4pm
More schools have to be built
More qualified teachers have to be employed
Class sizes should be an average of 20-25 instead of 35-40
Foreign language (such as either French, German or Spanish) should be started at primary school (from Year 2 onwards)
GCSE's go back to how they first started - 80% exam, 15% coursework and 5% project work in ALL subjects all children will have to do English and Mathematics - General Science also gets split up into the various genres like it as previously and ALL children will have to take at least 1 science and all should be taught in basic computing from using "general" office packages to basic programming and all children will have to take 1 European non-English language at GCSE level.
As the school leaving age is being raised to 18 (17 from the current school year) the there ought to be 2 styles of exams at higher exam level - A-Levels (as they were before being messed about with (non of the AS level rubbish) and a practice exam level along the lines of HNC/D - currently there are over 10 different higher level exams - we don't need that many!!!
Finally, less political interference as that has what has caused the mess education is currently in, touching up here and there and introducing this that and the other and then taking it away.

I still keep the KS levels as they do keep the focus on the teaching and the skills that each KS are hoping for - but I would also introduce less exams, and not more.  Exams at the end of Year 6 to see what set they go into at Secondary school, then also at mock at end of year 10, GCSE's at end of year 11 and A-Levels/HNC(D) at end of year 13!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
Finally, less political interference as that has what has caused the mess education is currently in, touching up here and there and introducing this that and the other and then taking it away.

This.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This extra hour, is it being proposed for just secondary education, or primary as well?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:This extra hour, is it being proposed for just secondary education, or primary as well?

I would introduce it for all ages at school - from Year 1 onwards.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Don't be silly, that's a long day for a 5/6 year old.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:
Why, who are yer?

Preston's "Businesswoman of the Year" two years running.
Where the fuck is Preston?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:

It's posh, you won't have been.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think soul kitchen likes you, nat

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I don't think soul kitchen likes you, nat

I'm surprised really, I thought everyone loved me.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:I don't think soul kitchen likes you, nat

I'm surprised really, I thought everyone loved mi lobby tits, burnt bush.
 affraid

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

It's posh, you won't have been.
Is it posher than Wilmslow where I live?
Oh I know, it's that shithole you pass through on the 585 when going to Knott End?!

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

No its not - children of that age have those hours, or even longer in many other European countries, never mind Japan or China or even Australia and New Zealand. And funnily enough all their stats show their children do better than ours (private and state).

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

No its not - children of that age have those hours, or even longer in many other European countries, never mind Japan or China or even Australia and New Zealand. And funnily enough all their stats show their children do better than ours (private and state).

I send my son to a very good private day nursery, hes nearly 3 and spends mon-fri there from 8am to 6pm. he's happy as Larry there, loves it and has developed so much its amazing. costs a bomb but the length of day does not bother him as he's kept amused.

If all schools provided breakfast and after-school clubs (mainly primary's) then more parents could work and the economy would benefit. instead i have to pay a ridiculous amount of money to know my child is cared for so both his parents can work.

Instead of our government pissing around with standards creating even more bureaucracy, why not just fund schools to stay open longer?

My kid is staying private, the education system is on its arse in this country.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

I send my son to a very good private day nursery, hes nearly 3 and spends mon-fri there from 8am to 6pm. he's happy as Larry there, loves it and has  developed so much its amazing. costs a bomb but the length of day does not bother him as he's kept amused.

If all schools provided breakfast and after-school clubs (mainly primary's) then more parents could work and the economy would benefit. instead i have to pay a ridiculous amount of money to know my child is cared for so both his parents can work.

Instead of our government pissing around with standards creating even more bureaucracy, why not just fund schools to stay open longer?  

My kid is staying private, the education system is on its arse in this country.

To be fair, and unfortunately brutal, a school is NOT there to look after the children whilst parents are at work. School is there to educate only, and not provide social care/skills and meals before or after the teaching day - private schools don't and I bet you never went to school for breakfast or stayed after school either!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum