Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do You Juice or Blend??

+2
Reebok Trotter
NickFazer
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do You Juice or Blend?? Empty Do You Juice or Blend?? Thu Feb 06 2014, 21:50

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I like a bit of fruit and veg but sometimes struggle to get my 5 a day, especially at weekends so maybe I was thinking about considering buying a juicer or food blender to make some vegetable drinks or fruit smoothies. 

Do any of you own / use these things and which are better, saw an advert today for a Nutribullet which uses all the fruit or veg, leaves no fibre or pulp but its quite expensive £100.

2Do You Juice or Blend?? Empty Re: Do You Juice or Blend?? Thu Feb 06 2014, 21:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have a blender and use it quite a bit. It's surprising what you can turn into liquid that is really good for you but tastes like shit!

I can drink Carrot juice and I can eat raw Carrot. I can eat raw Celery as well but raw Celery juice tastes bloody awful.

I'm convinced that some foods are designed to be eaten naturally. Liquidizing food makes it easier to swallow but some things take a strong stomach to imbibe.

3Do You Juice or Blend?? Empty Re: Do You Juice or Blend?? Thu Feb 06 2014, 22:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

My understanding is that there's a limit to how many of your five a day can be in liquid form.

We used to have one of them Kenwood smoothie makers with a tap. It was good, but it doesn't work out cheap and there's a lot of effort involved.

I love fruit juice and smoothies but I just get them ready made from the supermarket. A lot of people look at the sugar content and think they're bad news but fruit naturally contains sugar. As long as you check the ingredients and see that it's all fairly natural, I can't see how people are any better off making their own. In terms of juice, "not from concentrate" is best as "from concentrate" means it's had the water taken out of it, then added back again, losing a lot of the goodness in the process...or something like that.

4Do You Juice or Blend?? Empty Re: Do You Juice or Blend?? Thu Feb 06 2014, 22:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:My understanding is that there's a limit to how many of your five a day can be in liquid form.

We used to have one of them Kenwood smoothie makers with a tap. It was good, but it doesn't work out cheap and there's a lot of effort involved.

I love fruit juice and smoothies but I just get them ready made from the supermarket. A lot of people look at the sugar content and think they're bad news but fruit naturally contains sugar. As long as you check the ingredients and see that it's all fairly natural, I can't see how people are any better off making their own. In terms of juice, "not from concentrate" is best as "from concentrate" means it's had the water taken out of it, then added back again, losing a lot of the goodness in the process...or something like that.

I have to agree. My missus bought a Kenwood smoothie maker and it was too much like hard work. If I want a quick burst of Vitamin C it's so much easier just to eat an Orange.

5Do You Juice or Blend?? Empty Re: Do You Juice or Blend?? Thu Feb 06 2014, 22:29

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think there is a lot of potential for disgusting veggie drinks but I suppose you have to experiment a bit, I believe a lot or them involve using beetroot to make them taste better. I'll consider for a while longer methinks.

6Do You Juice or Blend?? Empty Re: Do You Juice or Blend?? Thu Feb 06 2014, 23:10

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just make soup.

It's the time of the year for it, the options are endless and you will get all the goodness that you need.

Delia's tomato, apple and celery soup is an absolute winner (you could have it cold if you like).

7Do You Juice or Blend?? Empty Re: Do You Juice or Blend?? Thu Feb 06 2014, 23:53

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

This five a day shit pisses me right off ,what happens to you if you have four a day I fucking abhore vegetables they give me the right shits the next morning worse than a vindaloo. The only five a day I like is the five knuckle shuffle.

8Do You Juice or Blend?? Empty Re: Do You Juice or Blend?? Thu Feb 06 2014, 23:54

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I do drink beet root juice and the only veg i like are spuds and asparagus.

9Do You Juice or Blend?? Empty Re: Do You Juice or Blend?? Fri Feb 07 2014, 02:10

Bolton Nuts

Admin

You can get a decent smoothie blender thing with two cups - no mess. About £20 on amazon... No point paying more in my opinion.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum