Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Internet Banking

+3
bwfc71
Mr Magoo
Reebok Trotter
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Internet Banking Empty Internet Banking Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:57 am

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It seems to be all the rage. It would certainly seem to save a lot of time and effort in having to traipse to a bank and queue up.

You read horror stories about people having their accounts hacked and I would like to know if anyone on here can recommend it.

Also, has anyone got any internet banking horror stories ?

2Internet Banking Empty Re: Internet Banking Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:08 am

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I use it every day, I would be stuck without it, as my village bank is only open 2 days a week.
Get it Rt you will not regret it.

3Internet Banking Empty Re: Internet Banking Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:18 am

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It would certainly save me a lot of time. Have you never had a problem with it ?

4Internet Banking Empty Re: Internet Banking Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:22 am

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Never had a problem yet, apart from not being able to add a few 000 on mi balance.

5Internet Banking Empty Re: Internet Banking Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:55 am

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I use internet banking all the time. On my Dutch account (ABN AmRo) I have a little calculator type thing. you put your bank card in, type the number that appears on teh computer screen onto the calculator thing and then that gives you another another to type into your internet account. My English account (Satander formerly A&L) is just one 8 digit number (which is the same every time I log on) and a password. I feel more secure with my dutch one than I do my English one. But they are meant to be secure. So far I have no problems whilst doing online banking - my problems have been when my card has been copied at an ATM!

6Internet Banking Empty Re: Internet Banking Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:21 am

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

HSBC sent me one of those calculator things a few weeks ago. I don't use my HSBC account any more though, the bank/customer relationship broke down after I sued them.

7Internet Banking Empty Re: Internet Banking Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:58 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've used it for years without a problem - I live in a rural area. I get pissed off if I actually have to go into a bank to do stuff.

8Internet Banking Empty Re: Internet Banking Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I don't use my HSBC account any more though, the bank/customer relationship broke down after I sued them.

Ha ha, why am I not surprised.

9Internet Banking Empty Re: Internet Banking Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:18 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I find it very useful and it does save time and hassle. The only time I go to the bank now is to pay a cheque in and I don't get many of those.

Do watch out for the phishing emails and you should be fine. You are more likely to have your bank details stolen at an ATM than online.

10Internet Banking Empty Re: Internet Banking Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:38 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We don't even have cheque's over here, and in fact I dont even go into a branch nowadays, if I can help it. I do everything online. Only thing I don't like is having to pay €5.50 for every international transaction back into my UK account!

11Internet Banking Empty Re: Internet Banking Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:24 pm

It's what the internet was invented for.

12Internet Banking Empty Re: Internet Banking Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Sorry I must have misread the article title.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum