Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Should Be Our Next Manager?

+21
bwfc71
Tigermin
wanderlust
Norpig
Triumph
rammywhite
luckyPeterpiper
Whitesince63
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
wessy
MartinBWFC
Culcheth_White
Copper Dragon
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
karlypants
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Who would be your choice for next Bolton manager?

Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_lcap9%Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 9% [ 2 ]
Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_lcap4%Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_lcap17%Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 17% [ 4 ]
Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_lcap30%Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 30% [ 7 ]
Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_lcap9%Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 9% [ 2 ]
Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_lcap4%Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_lcap13%Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 13% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 23

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

91Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who Should Be Our Next Manager? Thu Feb 13 2014, 22:01

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
doffcocker wrote:The only notable job Mackay has done is identical to what Coyle did at Burnley, yet some people think he'd be a hell of a catch.

It's like a manager's only as good as the last job he did.

Wasn't your pick Steve Clark?

No.

92Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who Should Be Our Next Manager? Thu Feb 13 2014, 23:04

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

MartinBWFC wrote:Who'd have Bruce Rioch and Colin Todd back at the helm?

Toddy in full charge tomorrow for me or Brucie as a mentor with someone younger.

93Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who Should Be Our Next Manager? Fri Feb 14 2014, 11:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yet again sentiment clouding judgement IMO.

94Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who Should Be Our Next Manager? Fri Feb 14 2014, 12:17

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yet again sentiment clouding judgement IMO.
For once I have to agree with Hipster. I don't know if our reasoning is the same but here's mine. 

Managers rarely if ever do as well second time around with a club they had success with in the past. Howard Kendall at Everton and Kevin Keegan at Newcastle and Joe Royle at Oldham Athletic spring to mind as does Harry Redknapp at Portsmouth. 

It's for this reason I wouldn't have Sam Allardyce back even if he was available. When a manager or player has done very well for a club then moved on I think it's best for both sides to simply enjoy the memory and thank each other. 

In the case of Rioch and Todd I think it's also essential to note that we are a very different club to the one they managed, not just the ground has changed. The mindset and approach to the game itself has changed a great deal, we don't have the sort of finances needed to rebuild the way we all seem to think is necessary. The bond between club and fans has been badly fractured if not severed altogether and the players are basically overpaid, underachieving and unmotivated to a frightening degree after being mismanaged by Freedman (and Coyle before him) so badly that they have fallen into a spiral of expecting defeat and losing any confidence they have at the first sign of a setback. 

What is needed isn't a pair of rose tinted glasses but a cold clear eyed look at reality. A manager who has the strength to admit when his idea hasn't worked and is willing to change approach until he finds the one that does. A manager who can adapt to the opposition and set up a system that plays to our strengths rather than theirs and who doesn't reward failure by keeping players on the pitch who are clearly either not good enough or in bad form. 

We need a completely fresh set of eyes, someone who can see clearly what needs to be done and has the intelligence and the strength of will to do it. We apparently have a whole bunch of talented kids that spend most of their lives either warming a bench or playing with the "development squad" (from which nothing ever actually seems to develop) because our current manager says they're not experienced enough but how will they gain that unless they play?

While I have no doubt that Freedman is the wrong man for the job I am absolutely certain he will be our manager next season. Gartside simply dare not pick another lemon after selecting four on the trot. 

I feel that there is one person who needs to be replaced even more than Dougie and that's Phil Gartside. 

None of our former managers would recognise the club now and frankly I feel we need to move forwards not back.

95Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who Should Be Our Next Manager? Fri Feb 14 2014, 12:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Queen should be our next manager. We'll get no bullshit from the media and she can throw a few bob in to buy some quality players. Plus with her racing knowledge she'd recognise a donkey a mile away.

96Who Should Be Our Next Manager? - Page 6 Empty Re: Who Should Be Our Next Manager? Fri Feb 14 2014, 13:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:The Queen should be our next manager. We'll get no bullshit from the media and she can throw a few bob in to buy some quality players. Plus with her racing knowledge she'd recognise a donkey a mile away.

I agree and if they took the piss and didn't play well then she could say "off with their heads"  Twisted Evil 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum