Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When you die

+11
Keegan
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
rammywhite
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
karlypants
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1When you die Empty When you die Mon Feb 10 2014, 21:59

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've recently started watching my Six Feet Under boxset, about two years after somebody bought it me as a present, and I'm absolutely besotted with it. My favourite film is American Beauty, which is written by the same bloke and it's really similar.

Anyway, that's not what this thread is about. Each episode features a different bereaved person making funeral arrangements, and I can't believe the amount of money people spend on coffins. We're talking as much as $20,000. Maybe it's an American thing. I don't know, I've never buried anyone.

Does anybody here give a shit what happens to their body after they die? Do you value a nice, comfy coffin (which you won't be able to enjoy, because you'll be dead) over your family having a few weeks in the sun or whatever? Maybe you want to be cremated or are on the organ donor register, like me.

2When you die Empty Re: When you die Mon Feb 10 2014, 22:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I've recently started watching my Six Feet Under boxset, about two years after somebody bought it me as a present, and I'm absolutely besotted with it. My favourite film is American Beauty, which is written by the same bloke and it's really similar.

Anyway, that's not what this thread is about. Each episode features a different bereaved person making funeral arrangements, and I can't believe the amount of money people spend on coffins. We're talking as much as $20,000. Maybe it's an American thing. I don't know, I've never buried anyone.

Does anybody here give a shit what happens to their body after they die? Do you value a nice, comfy coffin (which you won't be able to enjoy, because you'll be dead) over your family having a few weeks in the sun or whatever? Maybe you want to be cremated or are on the organ donor register, like me.

Fuck off being morbid!

I'm never gonna die!  Razz 

3When you die Empty Re: When you die Mon Feb 10 2014, 22:17

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:I've recently started watching my Six Feet Under boxset, about two years after somebody bought it me as a present, and I'm absolutely besotted with it. My favourite film is American Beauty, which is written by the same bloke and it's really similar.

I don't want to be buried, because I don't want to be eaten by worms, even though I'll be dead. I would prefer to be cremated and my ashes displayed in a nice urn on top of my Portuguese limestone fireplace.

4When you die Empty Re: When you die Mon Feb 10 2014, 22:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Six Feet Under is my favourite show of all time. Glad to hear of someone else enjoying it. 

and no I couldn't give a crap about what happens.

5When you die Empty Re: When you die Mon Feb 10 2014, 22:45

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

On the organ donor list and a request to be cremated, although once I'm dead I don't care any more.

There is no life after death.

6When you die Empty Re: When you die Tue Feb 11 2014, 00:17

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm going to be cremated and the missus knows where to scatter my ashes. She'll also get all the hard earned money that I've got to waste on trivia.
 I'm an organ donor- they can have what they want ,if it's any use to anyone

7When you die Empty Re: When you die Tue Feb 11 2014, 04:58

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Promession.

8When you die Empty Re: When you die Tue Feb 11 2014, 08:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:There is no life after death.

Not for you there isn't you non-believing bellend.

I, on the other hand, will be living it up in heaven with John McGinlay and Nat Lofthouse.

9When you die Empty Re: When you die Tue Feb 11 2014, 11:44

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I totally believe in the creator and a better life than this one.

10When you die Empty Re: When you die Tue Feb 11 2014, 12:06

Once you're gone, you're gone.

That's it.

No holy choir of angels welcoming you to an eternal afterlife, where you get watch an All-Time Greatest Ever Bolton XI beat Utd every week, whilst drinking free beer and eating Caviare butties.

You get one crack at this life and how you spend it's up to you.

Be nice to people, don't be an arse, try to help out where you can and try and enjoy it.

They can stick me in the Wheelie Bin for all I care once I'm dead.

11When you die Empty Re: When you die Tue Feb 11 2014, 14:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Once you're gone, you're gone.

That's it.

No holy choir of angels welcoming you to an eternal afterlife, where you get watch an All-Time Greatest Ever Bolton XI beat Utd every week, whilst drinking free beer and eating Caviare butties.

You get one crack at this life and how you spend it's up to you.

Be nice to people, don't be an arse, try to help out where you can and try and enjoy it.

They can stick me in the Wheelie Bin for all I care once I'm dead.

Pretty much my philosophy as well. Life is a journey, not a destination.

12When you die Empty Re: When you die Tue Feb 11 2014, 14:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My Gramps looked better dead than he did alive,though less argumentative. I myself am signed up to Dr Gunther von Hagens plastination program.

13When you die Empty Re: When you die Tue Feb 11 2014, 14:59

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Angry Dad wrote:I totally believe in the creator and a better life than this one.
 :like:

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

14When you die Empty Re: When you die Tue Feb 11 2014, 16:30

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know some guy who does medium shite, at spiritual church's , and was talking to him about it, he said there was some Indians following me about, he could see them behind me, the problem is that he's a sendible guy, late fifty's .

He wouldn't make shit up like that.

15When you die Empty Re: When you die Tue Feb 11 2014, 16:47

"I know some guy who does medium shite"

What's the size of his poo got to do with seeing dead people?

I did a massive one this morning, and whilst it did make me see stars briefly 'til I got my breath back, I didn't see any ghosts.....

16When you die Empty Re: When you die Tue Feb 11 2014, 17:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I know some guy who does medium shite, at spiritual church's , and was talking to him about it, he said there was some Indians following me about, he could see them behind me, the problem is that he's a sendible guy, late fifty's .

He wouldn't make shit up like that.
Don't blame me for any indians. I'm no longer with that mob. I called Geronimo a ponce because he'd started using 'Nivea post shave balm'. I then compounded the matter by asking him what he shouted when he jumped out of an aeroplane. The situation was further exacerbated when I did a genealogy chart for Chief Black Kettle and discovered he was actually Jewish,causing him to quit his job on the reservation bacon counter and start a collection of Woody Allen films. I'm keeping away from indians.

17When you die Empty Re: When you die Tue Feb 11 2014, 17:11

Are you re-claiming the "I" word for your (former) people like NWA and Public Enemy did with the "N" word for theirs?

18When you die Empty Re: When you die Tue Feb 11 2014, 17:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote: he said there was some Indians following me about, he could see them behind me..

I can't say I'm surprised. After all, Bolton does have a sizeable Asian population. For all you know they simply may have been making their way to the local Mosque when you just happened to be walking in front of them.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Tue Feb 11 2014, 17:19; edited 1 time in total

19When you die Empty Re: When you die Tue Feb 11 2014, 17:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Are you re-claiming the "I" word for your (former) people like NWA and Public Enemy did with the "N" word for theirs?
I make no claims Bread. But I've given them the address of Magoo's sheltered accommodation. That might keep them busy.

20When you die Empty Re: When you die Tue Feb 11 2014, 17:48

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

(Geronimo jumping out of a plane) "Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"  Laughing

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum