Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Killer The Dog!!

+6
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Killer The Dog!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Killer The Dog!! Thu Feb 13 2014, 17:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
There are inherited ways of behaving that are particular to some breeds or types of dogs that make it more likely for individuals to grow up to use aggression where others would not. Because no two dogs are exactly the same, individuals will differ too. For example some breeds are intentionally bred to be more reactive and some to be “wary of strangers”, which might make them more likely to be defensive if approached. In every breed there will be individuals that use aggression inappropriately and others that will not.
Aggression is not a single characteristic, however there are breeds of dogs that have historically been used for specific purposes, such as for fighting dogs or other animals, or for guarding. Whilst these breeds may not be any more likely to show aggression, because of their physical and temperamental attributes if they do show aggression it is likely to have more serious consequences. Persistence in attack coupled with strong jaws can cause serious injuries.

Absolutely. The American Pit Bull has been deliberately inbred over generations and is noted for it's aggression, particularly towards other dogs. It cannot be compared to any of the Toy breeds. Any fool who introduces an American Pit Bull into a young family is asking for trouble. If you look at the statistics it is this breed that that has inflicted the most injuries and death on the human population.

22Killer The Dog!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Killer The Dog!! Thu Feb 13 2014, 18:28

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I accept there is a case that perhaps an irresponsible dog owner with a yorkie is going to cause less damage than the same owner with a pit bull.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

23Killer The Dog!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Killer The Dog!! Thu Feb 13 2014, 18:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:I accept there is a case that perhaps an irresponsible dog owner with a yorkie is going to cause less damage than the same owner with a pit bull.

There is more than a case. I can't find a single recorded account on Google, of a Yorkie savagely mauling a child to death.

24Killer The Dog!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Killer The Dog!! Thu Feb 13 2014, 19:03

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:

It's got fuck all to do with what breed the dog is.

Then why do we never hear of Chihuahua's mauling kids?
My mate had a Pug when I was a lad and it was always worrying his sister's dolls!

25Killer The Dog!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Killer The Dog!! Thu Feb 13 2014, 19:38

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Well that is what i am saying though. If my little Spitz went mad and attacked me it would hurt but not likely cause serious damage. A pit bull could inflict serious damage or death.

however. I still think that the correct way to handle the issue is to have laws, licencing, breeding regulations, mandatory citizenship awards for bigger dogs.

as mentioned above, we don't ban all humans from owning a car just because some are bad drivers.

26Killer The Dog!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Killer The Dog!! Thu Feb 13 2014, 20:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:

however. I still think that the correct way to handle the issue is to have laws, licencing, breeding regulations, mandatory citizenship awards for bigger dogs.

We already have. That is what the Dangerous Dogs Act was created for.

27Killer The Dog!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Killer The Dog!! Thu Feb 13 2014, 20:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
My mate had a Pug when I was a lad and it was always worrying his sister's dolls!

My sister has two Pugs and they are very lovable. They wouldn't hurt a fly unless they swallowed one by accident.

28Killer The Dog!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Killer The Dog!! Thu Feb 13 2014, 20:14

Biggie wrote:Well that is what i am saying though. If my little Spitz went mad and attacked me it would hurt but not likely cause serious damage. A pit bull could inflict serious damage or death.

as mentioned above, we don't ban all humans from owning a car just because some are bad drivers.

Maybe somebody could explain, but I can't get my head around why anyone would want a 'dangerous dog breed' it's not as if there's a limited pool to choose from otherwise? 

Obviously I understand your situation, you rescued it but for others who actively seek them (other than the chavs who want to look hard) why bother?

29Killer The Dog!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Killer The Dog!! Thu Feb 13 2014, 20:20

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

My sister has two Pugs and they are very lovable. They wouldn't hurt a fly unless they swallowed one by accident.
They are noisy fuckers though.Very Happy
On a more serious note when I was a lad you had to have a licence to keep a dog, what about that for starters?

30Killer The Dog!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Killer The Dog!! Thu Feb 13 2014, 20:27

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
Biggie wrote:Well that is what i am saying though. If my little Spitz went mad and attacked me it would hurt but not likely cause serious damage. A pit bull could inflict serious damage or death.

Maybe somebody could explain, but I can't get my head around why anyone would want a 'dangerous dog breed' it's not as if there's a limited pool to choose from otherwise? 

Obviously I understand your situation, you rescued it but for others who actively seek them (other than the chavs who want to look hard) why bother?
You answered your own question there. It's all about being macho and dangerous dog breeds are banned aren't they?

31Killer The Dog!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Killer The Dog!! Thu Feb 13 2014, 21:10

Bolton Nuts

Admin

The dangerous dogs act isn't suitable RT. Its too difficult to go into it here in detail but the law is badly made and poorly executed.

Also I believe every dog owner should have a licence, every dog should be castrated unless registered to breed and if bred from the pups should be sold through official channels and microchipped.

A lot of idiots want dangerous looking dogs as status symbols. That is true. However don't get banned digs mixed up with staffys and staffy crosses.

Banned dogs are classified by their shape and appearance. Pit bull type dogs and dogo argentino are banned - it doesn't make them dangerous.

32Killer The Dog!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Killer The Dog!! Thu Feb 13 2014, 21:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Mr Plod receives a complaint about a dangerous dog he can't just assume it's an American Pit Bull and seize it. The dog has to be examined by a vet who also takes a blood sample. If the vet believes the dog is dangerous then it can be quarantined until the results of the blood test are confirmed.

Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Bull Mastiffs, English Bull Terriers, Bulldogs, Rottweilers and Doberman Pinschers are not classified as dangerous dogs under the current act.

33Killer The Dog!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Killer The Dog!! Thu Feb 13 2014, 22:08

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I once saw a yorkie kill a Rottweiller, it choked after 2 mouthfulls.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum