Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton's best restaurant

+7
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
boltonbonce
Numpty 28723
doffcocker
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton's best restaurant Empty Bolton's best restaurant Thu Feb 20 2014, 01:13

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I had a meal at Chianti tonight, a new Italian place on Chorley Old Road, previously The Sportsman pub.

It was amazing. I could have turned into Michael Bolton overnight in that place. Fantastic food, good prices.

What restaurants do you like?

2Bolton's best restaurant Empty Re: Bolton's best restaurant Thu Feb 20 2014, 12:09

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't about any good restaurants now but back in the day there was a place in the Market Hall called Percivals that did good food. I don't know if it still exists, in fact I don't know if the Market Hall still exists - this is one of their old menus but the prices might be a bit out of date.
Bolton's best restaurant Percivalsmenu_zpsddbdcbed

3Bolton's best restaurant Empty Re: Bolton's best restaurant Thu Feb 20 2014, 12:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As long as they provide salt and vinegar,I'm cool.

4Bolton's best restaurant Empty Re: Bolton's best restaurant Thu Feb 20 2014, 12:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I haven't come across many decent restaurants in Bolton, I usually hop on the train to Manchester!

I will come back when I think of one.

On the other hand, has anyone been to the Tavern on Wigan Road?  I've heard it's good?

5Bolton's best restaurant Empty Re: Bolton's best restaurant Thu Feb 20 2014, 12:58

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

CIAO Napoli back of Nelson Square is the only proper restuarant in the town cwntre.

6Bolton's best restaurant Empty Re: Bolton's best restaurant Thu Feb 20 2014, 13:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Stadium catering.

7Bolton's best restaurant Empty Re: Bolton's best restaurant Thu Feb 20 2014, 14:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

McDonalds - Wink  Anyone tried The Chinese Buffet.  Ive not tried Bolton's version but we have one here in Halifax and I think its great and great prices too!

8Bolton's best restaurant Empty Re: Bolton's best restaurant Thu Feb 20 2014, 23:58

The Toby in Edgworth is nice.

9Bolton's best restaurant Empty Re: Bolton's best restaurant Fri Feb 21 2014, 00:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:The Toby in Edgworth is nice.
Carvery?

10Bolton's best restaurant Empty Re: Bolton's best restaurant Fri Feb 21 2014, 00:16

No. I hate carvery. Though the last time I went was years ago. Big Sam was still in charge because he was there with his missus

11Bolton's best restaurant Empty Re: Bolton's best restaurant Fri Feb 21 2014, 09:34

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Depends what kind of food you want.

For fine (ish) dining using some fantastic locally sourced produce - Nicks on chequerbent (used to be Chequers) is fantastic, great service with well trained and attentive staff who know the products they sell well and a regularly changing menu. Highly recommended.

For Chinese you actually cannot beat the china rooms in westhoughton. Seriously.

Indian - India gate is pretty good, was better when it was in Tottington though.

For a 'normal' nice weekend feed, Retreat on Chorley old road is great, especially in summer as you can have mojito's on the patio pre-meal.

Olives in Turton is also pretty good for this.

I agree with Nat, the reebok IS actually good, Ate in Reflections a few times, however not since the new team took over so cant comment at present.

I know its a chain, but I rate Chiquito's as well.

12Bolton's best restaurant Empty Re: Bolton's best restaurant Fri Feb 21 2014, 13:19

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

In Bolton!!! Never found one, best one I've been in is in Bath we go there just for the restaurant and stay the Halcyon .

13Bolton's best restaurant Empty Re: Bolton's best restaurant Fri Feb 21 2014, 18:32

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We don't often go to restaurants, as we prefer top quality pub style meals in a real traditional pub.

We went to the Colliers Arms the other day, it is in Kings Moss, Wigan/St Helens area. My Mrs had the homemade fish & chips and me the Lamb Henry.

What a meal! The best Lamb Henry and fish & chips you are likely to get anywhere, but it isn't cheap. £10.95 for the fish & chips and £13.95 for the Lamb Henry.

It was money well spent IMO and we go there regularly.

http://www.colliersarms.org.uk/

14Bolton's best restaurant Empty Re: Bolton's best restaurant Fri Feb 21 2014, 18:38

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The best restaurant in Bolton is probably Franca's takeaway, never really heard of any.

I love Akbars in Manchester for a good Indian though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum