Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If DF gets the sack - Bolton News

+6
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
Soul Kitchen
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
Triumph
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Empty If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Thu Feb 20 2014, 10:32

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wanderers could appoint from within to bring the “feel-good factor” back to the Reebok if they bow to pressure from fans to sack manager Dougie Freedman.

That is the opinion of former Bury and Burnley midfielder Jamie Hoyland, who is now working as a pundit for local radio.

Hoyland said he was shocked at the bad feeling around the Reebok following the recent 1-0 defeat to Burnley, which he covered for BBC Radio Lancashire.

And, earlier this week on BBC Radio Manchester, he floated the possibility of a temporary management team from the club’s Academy taking charge to help reverse the bad vibe in the stands.

“When you get booing at the end (from the Bolton fans left behind), well it’s a horrible feeling,” said Hoyland, after watching Bolton stretch their winless streak at home to five league matches.

“The manager was stood there on his own and he hasn’t been able to get the result and everybody is thinking ‘well, will it be tomorrow or will it be tonight?’

“I know Dougie said he doesn’t feel any pressure – of course you do, you know it.

“Will it be inevitable? I don’t know. Can they afford to sack him or can they bring somebody in at this time of the season who is going to be able to turn it around? I don’t know.

“If they did, I think they would look inside the club to do it.”

Hoyland attended the Bolton youth side’s recent 5-2 victory over Manchester City and believes the Whites’ Under-18s coach David Lee, his former team-mate at Bury, could be the ideal man to put a bit of pride back into Wanderers.

“They have got good people at the Academy who they might think about – Jimmy Phillips, David Lee, and Gavin McCann works down there,” added Hoyland.

“I don’t know? Do they just give them the club and try to give it that impetus and create a feel-good factor to get it to the end of the season?”

Source

2If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Empty Re: If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Thu Feb 20 2014, 11:54

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This is the opinion of a guy who never played for us, never worked for us and clearly knows next to nothing about us if the booing at the end of matches surprised him. It's hot air speculation being dressed up as a news story. 

My personal feeling is that Dougie will be retained at least until the summer and I would not be surprised at all to see him start next season as our manager. I don't like that but I think it's the way this will play out whether we get relegated or not.

3If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Empty Re: If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Thu Feb 20 2014, 18:27

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

^ I agree.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Empty Re: If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Thu Feb 20 2014, 19:19

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wtf does he know? Pontificating twat!!

5If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Empty Re: If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:09

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I hate this idea of "the feel good factor".

There was a massive feel good factor in Coyle's first full season. Fantastic football, could easily have finished in the top 8. Unfortunately it was only a short term high, because good foundations weren't laid down in that time.

I'm happy to be patient with any manager, provided he seems to know what he's doing.

6If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Empty Re: If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Thu Feb 20 2014, 23:02

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Soul Kitchen wrote:Wtf does he know? Pontificating twat!!

I see that you have fallen into the trap.

Well done you.

7If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Empty Re: If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Fri Feb 21 2014, 01:32

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dougie does'nt feel under pressure, of course you do, if I was performing as bad as this cunt is, I would be feeling the pressure.

8If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Empty Re: If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Fri Feb 21 2014, 13:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Dougie does'nt feel under pressure, of course you do, if I was performing as bad as this cunt is, I would be feeling the pressure.

Really uncalled for.

9If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Empty Re: If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Fri Feb 21 2014, 13:25

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Actually agree with my mate hipster Doug has many faults but I would,nt call him a cunt ,that's not right.

10If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Empty Re: If DF gets the sack - Bolton News Fri Feb 21 2014, 13:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I agree with Hipster and AD.

I'm not a prude and can swear as much as the next man but sometimes the abuse on here (by a certain few only it must be said) is too personal and goes far to far over what is at the end of the day, is only a game of football.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum