Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will SKD be playing in a league above us next season.

+2
wanderlust
scottjames30
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now, that would be taking the piss,  :rofl: 

Sweet holy Jesus, could you imagine that?

:drwho:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Possibly...

Doubt it, but possibly.

Could be in the same league though.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He's struggled to get in PNE's side of late.

Preston fans started the season thinking exactly what 99% of Bolton fans thought at the start of last season. Kevin Davies is gonna terrorise defenders at this level, and we'll be unstoppable. A lot of them are now waking up to the frustrating side of his game that costs fouls, goals and points.

They've spent the majority of the season in 3rd/4th/5th so that's where they'll probably finish. Whether they'll actually come up is anybody's guess.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think SKD's legs are gone and have been for a couple of years, at least for ninety minutes. I still feel he's a perfect impact sub though, someone you bring on with half an hour to go to shake things up and muscle defenders out of position for others to take advantage. I'd have liked to see him here for one more year in that role and perhaps bring him into the coaching setup as well. 

Preston may have expected too much if they thought he'd bang in goals all season, he was always more of a holding forward, his flick ons and off the ball work was top class and let his strike partners get more goals as a result. He was never an out and out poaching goalscorer (although he bagged a fair number himself) but more of a foil for the likes of Diouf. I for one hope we see him in our backroom as a coach at some point and perhaps one day as our manager. The respect he gets from the players and the fans alike would make him an ideal candidate for that post in a few years imo.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I think SKD's legs are gone and have been for a couple of years, at least for ninety minutes. I still feel he's a perfect impact sub though, someone you bring on with half an hour to go to shake things up and muscle defenders out of position for others to take advantage. I'd have liked to see him here for one more year in that role and perhaps bring him into the coaching setup as well. 

Preston may have expected too much if they thought he'd bang in goals all season, he was always more of a holding forward, his flick ons and off the ball work was top class and let his strike partners get more goals as a result. He was never an out and out poaching goalscorer (although he bagged a fair number himself) but more of a foil for the likes of Diouf. I for one hope we see him in our backroom as a coach at some point and perhaps one day as our manager. The respect he gets from the players and the fans alike would make him an ideal candidate for that post in a few years imo.
Frankly, I reckon Juke is better at doing that that job than SKD these days. It's a good role to play if you get support arriving in time - which is still our problem.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could Juke do a better job than SKD?

Probably, probably not, Juke's penalty taking is rubbish but so is SKD's.

Both about the same, SKD probably just edges it for me.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Could Juke do a better job than SKD?

Probably, probably not, Juke's penalty taking is rubbish but so is SKD's.

Both about the same, SKD probably just edges it for me.
 Very Happy  True but at least Juke can score despite wandering lonely as a cloud up front and is on half the wages. Great man SKD but his time has gone. Doesn't matter really as Juke is probably going to be a temporary fix to get us through to the summer. 
When Dougie releases Eagles, Mears etc in the summer it wouldn't surprise me if he tried to sign Juke which is when Boro will ask for 2 million and Dougie "won't be held to ransom".

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Juke is like a really good version of kd.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Why do people year for skd to be a coach or our future manager. Just because he played for us for a long while doesn't make him a decent coach.

lets be unbiased for a minute and realise that most of us thought that in reality he wasn't captain material. His footballing brain and understanding of the game is basic. He never seemed to grasp any of the finer points of tactical plays, he was more a bull in a china shop. Even his comments on the radio, although he puts himself across nicely, show him up in terms of naivety and lack of a real coaches brain and intuition. Why do you think he would be a good coach or manager?

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I take it you all agree?

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The hard-on Bolton fans have for Kevin Davies is preposterous. He was always slow and pathetic with the ball at his feet. I've seen 50 year olds with better ball control down Moss Bank Park. Back in the glory days, he made up for that because he was incredible at creating openings for other players, mainly in the air. I think the 2003-2010 period would have been very different for us without him. He's probably still capable of causing Championship defenders problems in the air here and there but not near consistently enough to compensate for how poor other aspects of his game are.
Juke seems very capable, not just at winning the ball in the air...he's quite skilful with the ball at his feet. He's clearly a better-rounded version of Kevin Davies, as of now.

Davies doesn't make many great points on the radio, but he clearly struggles with his speech. It's like he has confidence problems, and getting to the end of every sentence is a relief. He's just not cut out for public speaking. Maybe on a training ground or in a dressing room, he'd show a better footballing brain. Either way, there's no solid reason to think he's suited to the Bolton manager role.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Why do people year for skd to be a coach or our future manager. Just because he played for us for a long while doesn't make him a decent coach.

lets be unbiased for a minute and realise that most of us thought that in reality he wasn't captain material. His footballing brain and understanding of the game is basic. He never seemed to grasp any of the finer points of tactical plays, he was more a bull in a china shop. Even his comments on the radio, although he puts himself across nicely, show him up in terms of naivety and lack of a real coaches brain and intuition. Why do you think he would be a good coach or manager?

Because those who can't see past Dougie's tactical weirdness are desperate for anyone to become the new manager?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Start a poll, SKD or Freedman?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum