Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spearing - We set the tempo

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spearing - We set the tempo Empty Spearing - We set the tempo Sun Mar 02 2014, 20:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jay Spearing believes that Bolton Wanderers’ aggressive start to the recent derby game against Blackburn proved pivotal in the eventual outcome.

The Trotters were resounding winners on their own patch, running in four goals without reply to registering a successive home victory for the first time this season.

And on-field skipper Spearing paid tribute Wanderers’ lively start to the contest, highlighting Neil Danns’ early tackle on Markus Olsson as a significant moment.

“We’re delighted with the result,” Spearing said after the game. “From the first minute we showed exactly how we wanted to go about the game and it paid off for us.

“I thought we fully deserved the win.

“Neil Danns helped set the tempo with a tackle within the opening five minutes and we all kicked on from there.

“Today wasn’t just about one member or area from the team. I felt that from front to back, Adam in goals to Jukes and Mason up top, we turned in a very good display and thoroughly deserved the result.

“For the goal, if I’m being honest I felt that I should probably just have a go from where I was. Thankfully, the linesman said it went in.

“We feel a result like that has been a long time in coming.

“The back four were tremendous and it obviously nice to keep another clean sheet. Again, that’s an area of our game we’ve been looking to improve and it is great to see that the hard work on the training ground is paying off.

“We’re keeping clean sheets and scoring goals and fingers crossed that carries on.

“We now head into two tough away games with a lot of confidence and the lads are all looking forward to playing again.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum