Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWSA Meeting

+4
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BWSA Meeting Empty BWSA Meeting Tue Mar 04 2014, 23:57

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Notes from the Reebok Roar Facebook group on tonight's BWSA Meeting...(member Tuffers66 on here- Feel free to say Hi Smile )

Usual host for the night Marc Iles was absent at the request of the chairman, reasons for this were not given particularly, but some shaky ground brewing between club and press afoot?

Both Mills and Ream were very entertaining, spoke well and honestly and it made for an enjoyable and amusing Q&A with them. Both didn't hide their thoughts on team formation, 4-4-2 is obviously the choice of both players and fans, and both lads praised the impact the partnership of Juke and Joe is having on the side.

Ream was asked about his throw in 'technique' (with a hat trick of foul throws to his name this season), he's convinced he's taking them correctly. Ream was asked about his chances of making the USA WC squad, he feels his chances will be slim following his decision to stay at home for the upcoming friendly, to be with his wife and new born son, a moment he said he couldn't miss. As a parent myself, I can only say his decision is...madness.

The central defensive partnership of the two lads was mentioned, as was the stat of having only lost once in the 15 games they have paired up. They enjoy playing together and if circumstances had been different (fullback shortage), they would have liked to have continued the partnership.

On Mills injury, if it had not been for a slice of luck, his knee injury could have been another nasty ACL, but thankfully he should be back within 5-6 weeks, or in his opinion 3-4 weeks.

It was left to the final question of the night and myself to ask about...beards, with both lads sporting some impressive facial fuzz at the moment, the pair said it was just something that started and has carried on, and that Mills expects his to have for more longevity compared to Reams. As always it was an amusing and at times surreal evening, but a good laugh and the lads were on good form.

The next evening will be on 29/4/14 and will be the Player of the Season do

2BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Mar 05 2014, 00:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will there be any cringe worthy youtube vids to be expected? Very Happy

3BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Mar 05 2014, 00:07

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently one will be added, I'll put on here when its been made availalble

4BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Mar 05 2014, 08:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:

It was left to the final question of the night and myself to ask about...beards, with both lads sporting some impressive facial fuzz at the moment, the pair said it was just something that started and has carried on, and that Mills expects his to have for more longevity compared to Reams. As always it was an amusing and at times surreal evening, but a good laugh and the lads were on good form.

I think the last paragraph especially highlights why these nights are a total waste of time for anybody but the sad folk who think rubbing shoulders with shite Championship players makes them special.

Of all the questions that could have been asked - they ask about beards. Fuck off and read Heat magazine you bellends.

5BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Mar 05 2014, 09:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did nobody ask about Holden? 
I would have thought that knowing whether or not Stuey is growing a beard would have been the first question on everyone's lips.

6BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Mar 05 2014, 11:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"we nd moar jay spearins"

7BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Mar 05 2014, 17:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Natasha Whittam wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:

I think the last paragraph especially highlights why these nights are a total waste of time for anybody but the sad folk who think rubbing shoulders with shite Championship players makes them special.

Of all the questions that could have been asked - they ask about beards. Fuck off and read Heat magazine you bellends.

You're not a morning person, are you Nat ?   Very Happy

8BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Mar 05 2014, 18:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:"we nd moar jay spearins"

Are you mocking the boltonian accent?

9BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Mar 05 2014, 21:41

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:"we nd moar jay spearins"

Are you mocking the boltonian accent?
Didn't someone say just that at the last meeting? We need more Jay Spearings and less Zat Knights? I could have sworn there was a thread here that said some bloke grabbed the mike at the end and said that while they were both on the stage.

10BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Mar 05 2014, 21:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes they did...I guess that's why hipster said it.

11BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Thu Mar 06 2014, 00:06

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Cheers BTID, was thinking my memory might be playing tricks on me again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum