Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leeds 1-5 Bolton

+18
BoltonTillIDie
Tigermin
Copper Dragon
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
bryan458
wessy
terenceanne
scottjames30
CAMPO
Culcheth_White
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Leeds 1-5 Bolton Wed Mar 05 2014, 16:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Striker Matt Smith believes Leeds United still have a strong chance of making the Championship play-offs.
With 14 games remaining, Leeds are currently 12th in the table, eight points adrift of the play-off places.But with eight of those games at home, 24-year-old Smith believes it is not too late to reach the top six.
He told BBC Radio Leeds: "We need wins, but getting back to Elland Road after four away games gives us confidence and we'll be going for it."
Smith acknowledged that life had not been easy recently, either for himself or for the club as a whole.
The sacking and immediate re-instatement of manager Brian McDermott at the beginning of February and continuing uncertainty over the possible takeover by controversial Italian businessman Massimo Cellino had taken "an emotional toll", he said.
"It feels like years since we've played at Elland Road, and we're really looking forward to getting back there, starting against Bolton on Saturday."
Smith, who has scored seven league goals in 25 appearances - 15 of them as a substitute - this season, has found it hard to re-establish himself in the starting line-up after being sent-off in the 6-0 defeat against Sheffield Wednesday in January.And the recent signing of Sunderland striker Connor Wickham on loan has further increased competition for places up front.
"From a personal point of view I feel my season has stalled a little bit, the suspension hasn't helped me, and I'm looking to get back up and running and working my way back into the team and score some goals," added former Oldham forward Smith.
So my prediction is..Leeds 1 BWFC 2

2Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Wed Mar 05 2014, 16:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WTF is going on with the cut and paste?

3Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 00:05

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dunno lusty; had a similar problem trying to leave a space between an article and my own comment a few days back. It's done it to me quite a few times. 

Oh yeah, my prediction. Leeds Utd 0 - 1 Bolton Wanderers. 

Three clean sheets in a row. Can't remember the last time we did that although I think we last won 3 games in a row about ten months ago.

4Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 12:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I use notepad to copy the article to and then copy and paste into the the forum. Smile

5Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 12:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Hill takes the whistle

Keith Hill will take charge of Wanderers’ Sky Bet Championship clash with Leeds United this coming Saturday.

A vastly experienced official who has been involved within the game since 1998, the Hertfordshire based referee has been the man in the middle of 24 matches so far this season, yielding 84 yellow and three red cards in the process.

Having overseen Bury’s 1-0 victory over AFC Wimbledon last time out, Hill last officiated a Bolton game when the Whites ran out winners against Southampton in a League Cup tie back in August 2010.

David Plowright and Thomas Rogers will run the line, while Tony Harrington will be the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 12:21

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Is it just me or do we seem to get officials who dispense a LOT of cards. This guy has averaged 3.5 yellows per game and one red every eight. Maybe it's just my age but 84 yellow cards sounds a lot for one ref. I know the game's different from when I was a kid but it still sounds like a large number even by current standards. 

I really don't know anything about this ref. Has anyone seen a match with him officiating?

7Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 12:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Ref watch: Hill takes the whistle

Keith Hill will take charge of Wanderers’ Sky Bet Championship clash with Leeds United this coming Saturday.

A vastly experienced official who has been involved within the game since 1998, the Hertfordshire based referee has been the man in the middle of 24 matches so far this season, yielding 84 yellow and three red cards in the process.

Having overseen Bury’s 1-0 victory over AFC Wimbledon last time out, Hill last officiated a Bolton game when the Whites ran out winners against Southampton in a League Cup tie back in August 2010.

David Plowright and Thomas Rogers will run the line, while Tony Harrington will be the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Your prediction Karly?

8Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 13:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Your prediction Karly?

Due to the performance of our last 2 games and thinking that all the lads will have had a much needed big morale boost, I reckon we can get a win out of this game.

My prediction is a 0-2 to the Trotters.

9Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 14:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm already sensing that there's been a sea change in opinion based on two home wins. 

Nat will undoubtedly rectify the situation with the usual "Leeds 5 BWFC 0 - surely Dougie's final game in charge?" prediction.

10Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 16:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

0-3 away win

11Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 17:17

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:0-3 away win
I think that's too optimistic boggers. I think we'll win IF we stick with the setup and tactics Dougie has used for the last two games but it will be tight, a 0 - 1 or 1 - 2. 

If I'm honest I'd be quite happy with a point as long as the performance is good. Leeds away is never going to be an easy proposition at the best of times and we aren't in the best of times right now. 

Two good wins on the bounce is very encouraging of course which is why I feel some optimism but let's remember they were both at home and that Leeds will be up for this in a big way because they still have a decent shot at the play offs. 

Elland Road has been a cauldron of hostile noise for away teams and a fortress for Leeds in the past and I doubt it's all that different today. I also rate Brian McDermott, I think he's a good manager who gets a lot out of his players and this won't be a walk in the park by any means.

12Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 17:20

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:I'm already sensing that there's been a sea change in opinion based on two home wins. 

Nat will undoubtedly rectify the situation with the usual "Leeds 5 BWFC 0 - surely Dougie's final game in charge?" prediction.
Not entirely lusty, I think there's room for optimism and we have a very good shot at winning the game because we seem to be on the up in terms of morale and performance but I haven't forgotten we're away from home and Leeds away is never going to be an easy day. 

If Dougie sticks to the setup and tactics he's used for the last two games I think we'll win by an odd goal but in all honesty I'd be quite happy with a good performance and a point.

13Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 17:37

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

2-2, coz I'm a miserable git  Crying or Very sad

14Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 17:41

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:2-2, coz I'm a miserable git  Crying or Very sad
No you're not glos, in fact I think I'd be happy with that scoreline. I'd prefer the win of course but a point at Leeds isn't bad at all.

15Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 17:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I'm already sensing that there's been a sea change in opinion based on two home wins. 

Not entirely lusty, I think there's room for optimism and we have a very good shot at winning the game because we seem to be on the up in terms of morale and performance but I haven't forgotten we're away from home and Leeds away is never going to be an easy day. 

If Dougie sticks to the setup and tactics he's used for the last two games I think we'll win by an odd goal but in all honesty I'd be quite happy with a good performance and a point.[/quote]
Look at the predictions in the games running up to the Watford game LLP. It makes grim reading and very few gave us a cat in hell's chance of winning anything. Fast forward two weeks and we're about to go into a tough clash away to Leeds and only one miserable git  Very Happy has predicted anything other than a win for us. I've gone for 1 - 2 but that's based on us replicating our recent home form playing away. It will be tough, and like you I'd be happy with a draw and a decent performance.
But there's definitely a bit more optimism around.

16Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 17:59

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You're right about that lusty but I think that's largely down to the fact we had no wins in nine going into the Watford game and we were playing a dire system and football that could have made the most cheerful of us consider calling the Samaritans after every match.  Sad 

With two good performances AND a new system that seems to both play to our strengths and produce good football to watch there's a good enough reason to feel a bit more hopeful now than there was a fortnight ago don't you think?

17Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 18:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3-1 defeat, Dougie will go defensive and lose any momentum we had.

18Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 19:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Tough nut to crack at Elland Road.
I think 1-1.
Key point for us is no more injuries. They're happening too frequently

19Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 19:36

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:Tough nut to crack at Elland Road.
I think 1-1.
Key point for us is no more injuries. They're happening too frequently
I heartily agree, our treatment room is starting to look like Manchester Picadilly at rush hour.

20Leeds 1-5 Bolton Empty Re: Leeds 1-5 Bolton Thu Mar 06 2014, 20:24

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Leeds 1 Bolton 2

Bogdan

Hutton---Wheater---Knight---Ream

Mavies---Medo---Spearing---Danns

Juke---Mason

*Around 900 tickets sold so far.

Sponsored content