Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you or have you ever?

+4
Culcheth_White
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Would you or have you ever? Empty Would you or have you ever? Tue Mar 11 2014, 09:05

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Bought something which "fell off the back of a lorry".

If someone offered you a new £400 tv for £100 because they needed to shift it, would you be tempted?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Would you or have you ever? Empty Re: Would you or have you ever? Tue Mar 11 2014, 09:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Bought something which "fell off the back of a lorry".

If someone offered you a new £400 tv for £100 because they needed to shift it, would you be tempted?
Sure I would!

What stuff have you got at the moment Biggie? Very Happy

3Would you or have you ever? Empty Re: Would you or have you ever? Tue Mar 11 2014, 09:24

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I have bought a few things that were 'questionable' in the past and would again in future if sombody had something I wanted.

I bought a few pairs of designer jeans and a One True Saxon coat, I did buy a white stone island cardigan once - not because it was stone island before anyone jumps on the 'hooligan' bandwagon, just because it was nice and about 300 quid cheaper than the ones in the trafford center. I got red cabbage down it Sad

The way I justify it is that they have been stolen anyway, so if I didn't buy it, somebody else would.

4Would you or have you ever? Empty Re: Would you or have you ever? Tue Mar 11 2014, 10:39

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Many years ago, we bought a set of kitchen pans from some guy for a tenner, these pans are still going strong today and it's the best tenner we've ever spent, so it's a yes from me.

5Would you or have you ever? Empty Re: Would you or have you ever? Tue Mar 11 2014, 10:41

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes- I'd be tempted

6Would you or have you ever? Empty Re: Would you or have you ever? Tue Mar 11 2014, 11:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

The way I justify it is that they have been stolen anyway, so if I didn't buy it, somebody else would.

Do you use that excuse when flashing in your local park?

7Would you or have you ever? Empty Re: Would you or have you ever? Tue Mar 11 2014, 13:17

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

no

8Would you or have you ever? Empty Re: Would you or have you ever? Wed Mar 12 2014, 15:59

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Wow. You people have no morals. It seems everyone is tempted though if something is there for the taking.

What about petrol or diesel? Would you buy it from a dodgy bloke ?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

9Would you or have you ever? Empty Re: Would you or have you ever? Wed Mar 12 2014, 16:16

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There are a couple of farms in our family. I've been known to top up a little with red diesel from time to time.

One of these farms is in rural southern Ireland, one of these places were a single pub serves a 5 mile radius - I ran my car on red diesel for 3 weeks once over there, not sure if the law is the same though. drove home after a few beers too, not sozzled, but over the UK limit - everyone does it, nobody on the roads and il be honest, even the local garda turn a blind eye to it.

10Would you or have you ever? Empty Re: Would you or have you ever? Wed Mar 12 2014, 16:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No, I wouldn't buy anything dodgy.

No I wouldn't drink and drive.

Sluffy - honest and probably somewhat out of touch with current society values.

11Would you or have you ever? Empty Re: Would you or have you ever? Wed Mar 12 2014, 18:46

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

You are all going to hell unless you repent before you die!!! are you not scared shitless at the thought of that? ask Nat she will tell you. Twisted Evil

12Would you or have you ever? Empty Re: Would you or have you ever? Wed Mar 12 2014, 19:40

Does buying genuine top-quality fake Lacoste tee-shirts for a tenner each in Tunisia count?

Cos if it does, I'm a very bad man.

(In a smart tee-shirt.)

13Would you or have you ever? Empty Re: Would you or have you ever? Wed Mar 12 2014, 20:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Does buying genuine top-quality fake Lacoste tee-shirts for a tenner each in Tunisia count?

Cos if it does, I'm a very bad man.

(In a smart tee-shirt.)
A tenner each?

Your being ripped off mate, you need to go further a field and get them at a fiver each!

14Would you or have you ever? Empty Re: Would you or have you ever? Thu Mar 13 2014, 08:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I've been known to top up a little with red diesel from time to time. One of these farms is in rural southern Ireland.

I think you're missing the point if you drive all the way to Ireland for a tank full of red diesel.

15Would you or have you ever? Empty Re: Would you or have you ever? Thu Mar 13 2014, 10:26

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:I've been known to top up a little with red diesel from time to time. One of these farms is in rural southern Ireland.

I think you're missing the point if you drive all the way to Ireland for a tank full of red diesel.

No...

I was allocated a piece of land there, so had a small prefabricated chalet (its a glorified static caravan if im honest, minus the wheels) it overlooks the Irish Sea so I go to chill out there 2 or 3 times a year and see friends and family.

The red diesel is just a perk of being on a farm really.

My current motor is petrol anyway so wont be happening again...

Till i change my car...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum