Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anelka - Worth a punt?

+7
rammywhite
Angry Dad
Hip Priest
Culcheth_White
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
11 posters

Reply to topic

Anelka, yeah or nay?

Anelka - Worth a punt? Vote_lcap38%Anelka - Worth a punt? Vote_rcap 38% [ 8 ]
Anelka - Worth a punt? Vote_lcap43%Anelka - Worth a punt? Vote_rcap 43% [ 9 ]
Anelka - Worth a punt? Vote_lcap19%Anelka - Worth a punt? Vote_rcap 19% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anelka - Worth a punt? Empty Anelka - Worth a punt? Fri Mar 14 2014, 18:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He's quit West Brom.

Would still have a ban to serve in this country so basically he would only be available from next season but would you want him back if he would come or as his day long gone?

2Anelka - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Anelka - Worth a punt? Fri Mar 14 2014, 19:00

Can't see him coming here for about three grand a week.

He'll be off to The States.

Or Russia.

Or back to Turkey. 

In fact, probably anywhere other than here.

Shame though, because I'd love to see him in a white shirt again......

3Anelka - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Anelka - Worth a punt? Fri Mar 14 2014, 19:18

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd say yes up until the end of the season but in all honesty it would be pointless anyone in england signing him, i'm guessing he would still serve a 5 match ban which ever club he joined.

4Anelka - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Anelka - Worth a punt? Fri Mar 14 2014, 19:42

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Yes, please.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

5Anelka - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Anelka - Worth a punt? Fri Mar 14 2014, 20:18

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's probably best to ask Anelka's brother, no doubt his brother has lined up yet another lucrative deal somewhere and it won't be at Bolton.

6Anelka - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Anelka - Worth a punt? Sat Mar 15 2014, 00:13

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What the 'quenelle would he want to come back here for.

7Anelka - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Anelka - Worth a punt? Sat Mar 15 2014, 00:21

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

No he,s a prick.

8Anelka - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Anelka - Worth a punt? Sat Mar 15 2014, 00:37

Hip Priest wrote:What the 'quenelle would he want to come back here for.
Quality punnage, that man.

Well played.

9Anelka - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Anelka - Worth a punt? Sat Mar 15 2014, 11:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not in a million years- we've got enough geriatrics around the club

10Anelka - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Anelka - Worth a punt? Sat Mar 15 2014, 11:11

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No, partly because I think players rarely do well second time around at a former club, partly because he's an idiot who causes more trouble than he's worth without an incredibly strong manager at the helm like Big Sam. The five game ban is only a factor this season but he's 35, acts like he's 5 and frankly he'd cost way too much for too little positive return.

11Anelka - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Anelka - Worth a punt? Sat Mar 15 2014, 11:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It seems having a proven racist at the club matters not to our bellend supporters.

12Anelka - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Anelka - Worth a punt? Sat Mar 15 2014, 11:29

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It matters to me Nat and I suspect to many others but its only ONE of the reasons why I don't want him. I seem to remember not long ago that you felt Di Canio would be a good choice for manager. I'd say he falls under "proven racist" as well, wouldn't you?

13Anelka - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Anelka - Worth a punt? Sat Mar 15 2014, 11:53

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

One of the best players we ever had here.....but probably past it now and Doog wouldn't like his work ethic.

14Anelka - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Anelka - Worth a punt? Sat Mar 15 2014, 11:55

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

...or his lack of other ethics

15Anelka - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Anelka - Worth a punt? Sat Mar 15 2014, 14:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

West Brom sack Nicolas Anelka for 'gross misconduct'

West Brom are sacking Nicolas Anelka for gross misconduct after the striker announced he was quitting the club.

Anelka wrote on social media he was leaving with "immediate effect" after failing to reconcile differences with Albion over his 'quenelle' gesture.

The Frenchman, 35, was banned for five games and fined £80,000 by the Football Association for making the sign after scoring against West Ham in December.

The club is sacking him for his conduct that day and his social media outburst.

They have given him 14 days' notice of the termination of his contract.

He had been suspended by Albion while the club carried out its own internal investigation.

Earlier on Friday, Anelka used social media to announce he was leaving the club immediately.

He wrote: "Following discussions between the club and myself, certain conditions have been set for me to rejoin the group, which I can't accept.

"In order to preserve my integrity, I've terminated my contract with West Brom with immediate effect."

However, West Brom responded by releasing a statement  saying "the termination was invalid as it was not conducted under the correct legal process".

The statement also detailed the conditions Anelka needed to meet to enable his club suspension to be lifted.

It read: "The club required Nicolas Anelka to apologise to it, its supporters, sponsors and the wider community for the impact and consequences of his gesture made on December 28 and secondly, that he accept a substantial fine.

"The club considers the conduct of Nicolas Anelka on December 28, coupled with his purported termination on social media, to be gross misconduct."

The striker, who joined Albion in the summer on a 12-month deal, would only have been eligible to play in Albion's final five Premier League games due to his ban.

But with his West Brom career now over, he made 12 appearances, scoring two goals - both in the game against West Ham.

He was given the punishment by the Football Association's independent regulatory commission for making the controversial gesture, described as an "inverted Nazi salute".

He denied his use of the sign was intended to be anti-Semitic, and the commission reported it did not find he was "an anti-Semite".

However, Anelka claims he made the gesture in support of his friend Dieudonne M'bala M'bala, a French comedian who has been convicted seven times of anti-Semitic crimes.

The FA had initially wanted a tougher punishment for the player but opted not to appeal against the decision.

Anelka, who also did not appeal against the ruling, is due to begin his five-game suspension in Saturday's Premier League game at Swansea. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum