Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lee Peltier?

+4
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lee Peltier? Empty Lee Peltier? Mon Mar 24 2014, 22:03

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We could be signing him from Leeds. Peltier is a versatile defender, that can play right back or centre back.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[ltr]@AlanBiggs1[/ltr]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Neil Warnock rang Lee Peltier to apologise over [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] managerial mix-up. Peltier then also rejected Forest in favour of Bolton. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Lee Peltier? Empty Re: Lee Peltier? Mon Mar 24 2014, 22:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3Lee Peltier? Empty Re: Lee Peltier? Mon Mar 24 2014, 22:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

NOTTINGHAM Forest's deal for Lee Peltier has fallen through just hours after the club officially announced his signing on their website.

The club had announced this afternoon that they had made a loan signing, in the form of Leeds defender Peltier – who had been signed by Neil Warnock at Elland Road.

The 27-year-old visited the Nigel Doughty Academy and met with Al Hasawi and the club’s new ambassador, double European Cup winning skipper John McGovern.

But Forest owner Fawaz Al Hasawi then said that the deal had fallen through at the final hurdle, even after both clubs had confirmed it had been completed.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4Lee Peltier? Empty Re: Lee Peltier? Mon Mar 24 2014, 22:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Can play left back but...

"During the season (2012/13), Peltier had a spell in the side playing out of position at left back. His poor performances there lead to many fans seeing him as the weak link in the side".

(taken from wiki).

5Lee Peltier? Empty Re: Lee Peltier? Mon Mar 24 2014, 22:55

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Can play left back but...

"During the season (2012/13), Peltier had a spell in the side playing out of position at left back. His poor performances there lead to many fans seeing him as the weak link in the side".

(taken from wiki).
Peltier is the anti Christ, and should not be a pro footballer.

(taken from the Beano) which is far more reliable than wiki.

6Lee Peltier? Empty Re: Lee Peltier? Mon Mar 24 2014, 23:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Can play left back but...

(taken from wiki).
Peltier is the anti Christ, and should not be a pro footballer.

(taken from the Beano) which is far more reliable than wiki.

But is still far superior to all those 'exclusives' you've posted on here, eh Martin!

To be honest I don't know why some people have such 'snobishness' about wiki?

I certainly would not take anything said on there as gospel without corroborating it first but then again I wouldn't take 99% of the stuff posted anywhere on the internet as gospel either.

I find wiki is a good start point for any general research - I would say well over 90% of it turns out to be factual.

Not bad for a free, quick and easy reference start point - imo.

7Lee Peltier? Empty Re: Lee Peltier? Tue Mar 25 2014, 07:49

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
I find wiki is a good start point for any general research - I would say well over 90% of it turns out to be factual.

Not bad for a free, quick and easy reference start point - imo.

Big problem I have with it is that the errors are (a) not caught quickly enough and (b) can take forever to get corrected. I am like sluffy in that I'd never use wiki as a sole source of evidence for anything remotely important but it's not a bad place to find easy references to other more reliable sources. 

I think of it this way, wiki in general gives a basic overview like a synopsis or an introduction but it's of little to no use as a serious research tool other than as a guide to other locations which ARE suited to that.

8Lee Peltier? Empty Re: Lee Peltier? Tue Mar 25 2014, 09:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this the same Lee Peltier who couldn't get in the Leeds defence that we smashed 5 past a couple of weeks ago?

He must be ace.

9Lee Peltier? Empty Re: Lee Peltier? Tue Mar 25 2014, 09:33

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Is this the same Lee Peltier who couldn't get in the Leeds defence that we smashed 5 past a couple of weeks ago?

He must be ace.
He was subbed at half time, when Leeds were 1-0 down. Leeds then went on to concede 4 goals without him in the second half.

10Lee Peltier? Empty Re: Lee Peltier? Tue Mar 25 2014, 09:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
He was subbed at half time, when Leeds were 1-0 down. Leeds then went on to concede 4 goals without him in the second half.

I'll reverse my decision then. He really is ace and we must sign him.

11Lee Peltier? Empty Re: Lee Peltier? Tue Mar 25 2014, 12:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:

I'll reverse my decision then. He really is ace and we must sign him.
Our new manager Bawlin' Billy was after him before he was fired last time, so I'm sure that snapping up Peltier will be his first dip into the £20 million transfer pot Fat Phil handed him on arrival.

12Lee Peltier? Empty Re: Lee Peltier? Tue Mar 25 2014, 13:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i remember listening to the Leeds game and they kept mentioning Peltier was getting a lot of stick from the home fans as well as Jimmy Kebe.

If he can play left back get him in!

13Lee Peltier? Empty Re: Lee Peltier? Thu Mar 27 2014, 18:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nottingham Forest owner Fawaz Al Hasawi has confirmed the loan signing of Leeds United defender Lee Peltier, three days after backtracking on an official announcement that the deal was done.

Both clubs said on their websites on Monday afternoon that the 27-year-old had joined until the end of the season.

Al Hasawi later denied the move and Peltier was then linked with Bolton.

But Al Hasawi said on Twitter on Thursday he was "very pleased to confirm" Peltier's arrival.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum