Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Wigan

+29
doffcocker
CAMPO
terenceanne
White84
Angry Dad
bryan458
aaron_bwfc
observer
Soul Kitchen
Keegan
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
Tigermin
Mr Magoo
boltonbonce
Banks of the Croal
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
rammywhite
scottjames30
Norpig
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

81Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 18:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The moment he put Baptiste on, you just knew didn't you.

Cheers Dougie.

82Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 18:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should have been well well out of sight, had lots of chances to wrap the game up but poor finishing and bad decision making left the door open to Wigan.

Smash and grab for them, credit to Bogdan for getting us that point.

I liked the shape of the team thought it worked well for the most part.

83Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 18:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Predictable 1-1 draw, it had 1-1 written all over it as soon as we scored. Boring.

I have to admit I didn't even watch minutes 45-70 as I was chatting at the bar. This is the most boring Bolton team in my lifetime.

Fuck off Trotter you useless stump, ditto Baptiste you crap bastard.

The winners today were the people who stayed away.

84Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 18:42

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:Predictable 1-1 draw, it had 1-1 written all over it as soon as we scored. Boring.

I have to admit I didn't even watch minutes 45-70 as I was chatting at the bar. This is the most boring Bolton team in my lifetime.

That's me Baldy.

85Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 18:43

Natasha Whittam wrote:Predictable 1-1 draw, it had 1-1 written all over it as soon as we scored. Boring.

How did you rate Hall's performance?

86Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 18:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton 1-1 Wigan

IN BRIEF

Adam Bogdan was to be the hero for Wanderers as he saved Jordi Gomez’s 94th minute penalty kick and in turn secured a point in a 1-1 draw with Wigan Athletic at the Reebok Stadium.

Lukas Jutkiewicz’s sixth goal for the club had the Whites seemingly on their way to victory, but Nick Powell’s 88th minute strike drew the Latics level.

The drama wasn’t to end there however with Alex Baptiste upending Callum McManaman in the area with 60 seconds remaining, but Bogdan denied Gomez from 12 yards to ensure that the clash ended all square.

TEAM NEWS

Liam Trotter, Rob Hall and Chung-Yong Lee were drafted into the Bolton starting line-up, while there were places on the bench for under-21 regulars Oscar Threlkeld, Andrew Kellett and loanee Andrew Robinson who joined on from Southampton this week.

FIRST HALF

Wanderers started brightly, with Rob Hall’s looping effort inside 30 seconds almost eluding Wigan goalkeeper Ali Al-Habsi, but the former Bolton shot stopper was able to collect the ball at the second attempt.

Having almost made the perfect start to proceedings, the Whites enjoyed another glorious opportunity as Trotter played the ball into the path of Lukas Jutkiewicz, but Al-Habsi was on hand to pull off a superb reflex save to deny him what would have been an impressive goal.

After finding themselves penned into their own area for much of the opening stages of the clash, Emmerson Boyce looked certain to hand the visitors the lead after Martyn Waghorn had played a lethal ball across the face of goal, but David Wheater was on hand to clear Wanderers’ lines.

The chance appeared to breathe confidence into Wigan with Marc Antoine Fortune’s effort deflecting narrowly past the upright, but the hosts were back on the attack soon after as Chung-Yong Lee found himself one on one with Al-Habsi but the winger was unable to capitalise.

Trotter was on the move once again soon after, with his determined attitude almost leading to the opening goal as he fed Jutkiewicz whose final ball narrowly eluded the advancing Chung-Yong Lee.

Following such a sprightly start to the game, a goal seemed to be imminent and it finally arrived with 14 minutes of the half remaining as Hall, a thorn in Wigan’s side throughout the first period, delivered a perfectly executed free-kick into the area with Jutkiewicz given the simple task of poking the ball beyond Al-Habsi.

A goal which was undoubtedly deserved on Wanderers’ part, it was almost two five minutes later as Hall turned his man and attempted an audacious effort from just inside the box, but the young winger’s effort flew narrowly over the crossbar.

As the clock ran down to the half time whistle, the Whites did enjoy half chances to extend their lead but the advantage remained at just one at the break.

SECOND HALF

The visitors started the second period with gusto, but substitute Callum McManaman’s ambitious effort failed to trouble Adam Bogdan in the Bolton goal.

No sooner had Wigan enjoyed a chance however, Wanderers were back on the attack with Hall forcing Al-Habsi into a smart save from close range after good work from Jutkiewicz while Chung-Yong Lee’s venomous effort was deflected away by David Wheater.

The Reebok faithful were left calling for the dismissal of Leon Barnett as he hauled down Trotter with the midfielder in on goal, but the referee brandished only a yellow to the displeasure of the home supporters.

With the pressure building and the atmosphere growing alongside it, Jay Spearing and Wheater tested Al-Habsi in quick succession, with the former’s drilled long range effort being denied by the fingertips of the Oman international.

Moments later Tim Ream looked to have extended Wanderers’ lead with an angled drive from the corner of the box, but the keeper was on his guard to push the ball around the post.

Having been denied once, the defender was trying his luck once again with 22 minutes remaining as he powered to the edge of the area before curling an effort goalbound, only to be denied yet again by Al-Habsi’s fingertips.

Chasing the game, Wigan introduced Jack Collison and Nick Powell into the mix in a bid to snatch an equalising goal and the decision to do so lead to a period of pressure from the visitors but limited clear cut opportunities.

Dougie Freedman introduced Andre Moritz and Alex Baptiste into the fold inside the latter stages of the clash with the former almost putting the result beyond doubt with six minutes remaining with a ferocious effort which was blocked at the death by Barnett.

With four minutes remaining, Jutkiewicz received a standing ovation from three sides of the Reebok Stadium with Jermaine Beckford coming on in the frontman’s place.

As the clock ran down and with Wanderers seemingly heading for all three points, Powell was to break Bolton hearts with two minutes left as he fired past Bogdan to bring Wigan back on level terms.

With five minutes of added time indicated, it was clear to see that neither side were settling for a point and the visitors were handed the opportunity to steal all three points in the dying seconds as Baptiste conceded a penalty kick with less than 60 seconds remaining.

A dagger in the heart of all associated with Wanderers, Bogdan was to be the hero as he denied Jordi Gomez from 12 yards to ensure that the Whites secured a well-deserved point.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

87Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 18:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman proud of players

Dougie Freedman says he was proud of his players’ efforts following the 1-1 draw with Wigan at the Reebok.

In a pulsating Lancashire derby, Wanderers controlled the game for large parts but were eventually denied three points by a late rally from Wigan.

Lukas Jutkiewicz put Bolton a goal to the good, only for substitute Nick Powell to level late on.

Wigan did have the chance to win the game in stoppage time, only for Adam Bogdan to keep out Jordi Gomez’s spot kick.

“I fell very proud of the players today. For 80 minutes we were by far the better side,” Freedman said after the game.

“We created numerous opportunities, played on the front-foot and got stuck in right from the off. We never gave Wigan a minute’s peace.

“Wigan are a very good side and have been on a very good run. It was a fantastic effort from our group of players.

“When you’re just a goal up, you’re always going to be vulnerable. Uwe Rosler made some changes and brought on some quality players in the likes of Nick Powell, who eventually got them back in the game.

“I don’t like criticising referees, and I thought ours had a good game today, but there’s one questionable decision when Liam Trotter is fouled when through on goal. It was disappointing, because I felt that gave Wigan a bit of hope to hang in there.

“We’ve had some challenging times this season, but we’ve once again shown that we have the character to bounce back and keep on fighting right until the end.

“We’ve come up against a very good team in Wigan and were far the better side on the balance of play.

“People say that we haven’t got anything to play between now and the end of the season, but that is absolutely not the case.

“I want players who are proud to wear the Bolton Wanderers jersey and will give 100 percent in every game - you’ve seen that today.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

88Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 18:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

How did you rate Hall's performance?

To be fair to him, his best performance since he signed by an absolute mile. He actually looked like a footballer.

However, one good game in 10 does not make him a good player.

89Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 18:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Douglas Freedman wrote:Dougie Freedman says he was proud of his players’ efforts

He should be sacked for that comment alone - we should never be happy with a 1-1 draw against fucking Wigan.

Proud? Fuck off you dick.

90Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 18:47

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat, have you a bald head?

91Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 18:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Proud ahahahahahaha, fuck-off Freedman, as I have high standards, you seem to be happy if we turn up.

92Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 18:50

Being far the better side against a superior team is the point though, the players also executed his match plan near perfect. 

A good performance which was pleasing to see.

93Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 19:04

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fantastic game today, I really enjoyed it. I must admit, I was very worried after seeing our starting 11, with back to one up front, but we played really well and we really should have been out of sight in the second half.

Wigan should have been down to ten men, but the referee bottled it, Al Habsi made about five or six brilliant saves, to keep Wigan in the game. I was really pleased with Rob Hall, he was great too. The Juke was fooking awesome yet again and we really need to make him a priority signing in the summer and build the team around him.

I think Hutton is really looking the part now and I would much rather have him at right back than Baptiste. The only negatives for me today, was Trotter, who was shit again and Baptiste for nearly giving Wigan the three points.

I must admit, I celebrated Bogdan's penalty save, like a goal, just fooking awsome! It actually felt like a win in the end.

94Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 19:18

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Culcheth_White wrote:Fantastic game today, I really enjoyed it. I must admit, I was very worried after seeing our starting 11, with back to one up front, but we played really well and we really should have been out of sight in the second half.

Wigan should have been down to ten men, but the referee bottled it, Al Habsi made about five or six brilliant saves, to keep Wigan in the game. I was really pleased with Rob Hall, he was great too. The Juke was fooking awesome yet again and we really need to make him a priority signing in the summer and build the team around him.

I think Hutton is really looking the part now and I would much rather have him at right back than Baptiste. The only negatives for me today, was Trotter, who was shit again and Baptiste for nearly giving Wigan the three points.

I must admit, I celebrated Bogdan's penalty save, like a goal, just fooking awsome! It actually felt like a win in the end.
Best atmosphere for a long time,totally agree about Trotter he is wank. Bogdans save was as good as you will see from a spot kick,awesome ! Did you catch the Al Habsi wave to us in the North Stand ??? brilliant,he is still a white !!! Freedman is still a cock and to start with one up front again was unbelievable,for two pins I could have stayed in Scotts and got lashed when I saw the team but thank fuck I didnt !!! Can we please see some youngsters given a run out in the last few games you little jock shite ???

95Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 19:25

Tigermin wrote:Can we please see some youngsters given a run out in the last few games you little jock shite ???

You mean like Rob Hall?

96Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 19:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Nat, have you a bald head?

I think someone is mixing up my head with my fanny.

97Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 19:37

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This game reinforced why we should of never sold Al Habsi how many top saves did he make.Overall a good performance against a Wigan side that beat City a few weeks back.30 plus attempts.Trotter fucking bseless.Get Juke in in the summer,play 4-4-2 with juke n Beckford,get a good start as it breeds confidence.Matt Mills and Wheater centre partnership.Mavies,Danns,attacking mid,Medo,Spearing holding.Ream can play in numerous positions and is a good passer.I think next season will be better.

98Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 19:45

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think most who looked at the team sheet before kick-off had the same reaction....WTF is this bloke doing again.

Everyone worked hard....there is no complaint about the players effort from me.  The Fookup is the negative tactics.  The game was crying out for a second striker ....in the second half even the commentator at the game said the Duke was visable tired.....
What does the haggis man do.....wait till the 85th minute to bring on Beckford. So he brings on Baps to protect a lead.....WTF is the point at this stage of the season.....Wigan were wide open at some points and could have been put to bed.... I don't know....again good work the lads but they are hampered IMO.

99Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 19:59

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Good point 4-4-2 has worked for us best v blackburn,Watford,Leeds,back to 4-5-1 at Derby ,mason I'll Apparantley .Then Mavies I'll v brighton.How Trotter adds anything to this team is fucking amazing .Worst player in a Wanderers jersey for many many years.Were not going down we are not going up for it.the game was crying out for Beckford forTrotter but DF is a Cock.Even though we did play well and get 32 attempts on their goal about 14 had to be saved.

100Bolton 1-1 Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Sat Mar 29 2014, 20:08

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thank fuck Boggers saved the pen, otherwise it would've been a total injustice if they had won.

Don't even think they deserved the point they got.

Well done lads.

Last edited by Banks of the Croal on Sat Mar 29 2014, 20:09; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum