Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"the best they’d ever known."

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"the best they’d ever known." Empty "the best they’d ever known." Wed Apr 04 2012, 19:35

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Holden said of the atmosphere generated by the supporters for Blackburn game was (according to his fellow players) "the best they’d ever known."

Can the fans create that again? It certainly was one of the best performances from the fans I have witnessed in a long long time. It was far from perfect though and still died at times. Will we create it again?

Is it catching? I am hoping the fans who were there and enjoyed it will do the same again, for every game for the rest of the season and into the future. My fear though is that it was a one off and will die an inevitable quick death.

Why are the Reebok fans so apathetic? And what can we do about it? Even when we are winning the cheers last for a couple of minutes and then we sit in silence again. What happened to the old magic and is it gone for good?

2"the best they’d ever known." Empty Re: "the best they’d ever known." Wed Apr 04 2012, 19:56

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

jayjay23 wrote:What happened to the old magic and is it gone for good?

This happened:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It looks pretty permanent to me. It will be even more permanent once we move to the Lake District and all sit in boxes eating bloody Nandos.

3"the best they’d ever known." Empty Re: "the best they’d ever known." Wed Apr 04 2012, 20:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

This happened:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It looks pretty permanent to me. It will be even more permanent once we move to the Lake District and all sit in boxes eating bloody Nandos.

ha ha, spread the word LH.

4"the best they’d ever known." Empty Re: "the best they’d ever known." Wed Apr 04 2012, 20:14

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

If we have a Nandos at the new stadium count me in. We have sod all like that over here. The nearest KFC is 30km away, same for Pizza Hut. My local town does have a Subway, McD and Burger King but htey are crap. Can we have a Frankie and Bennies aswell please ? Oh, and a Sagar curry house and Nam Ploy Thai ? Those are the few things I miss about Bolton, apart from the footie.

5"the best they’d ever known." Empty Re: "the best they’d ever known." Wed Apr 04 2012, 20:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dunkels King wrote:If we have a Nandos at the new stadium count me in. We have sod all like that over here. The nearest KFC is 30km away, same for Pizza Hut. My local town does have a Subway, McD and Burger King but htey are crap. Can we have a Frankie and Bennies aswell please ? Oh, and a Sagar curry house and Nam Ploy Thai ? Those are the few things I miss about Bolton, apart from the footie.

You seem committed to the cause so I'm putting you in charge of food for the new devlopment. You'll need to move you and your family back to the UK - PM me when you're ready.

6"the best they’d ever known." Empty Re: "the best they’d ever known." Wed Apr 04 2012, 21:35

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:You seem committed to the cause so I'm putting you in charge of food for the new devlopment. You'll need to move you and your family back to the UK - PM me when you're ready.

Well, my wife is a Chef, so that could help but it would take a good relocation package and a nice salary for me to be tempted. My Auntie lives in Keswick so I would have somewhere to stay until you sorted out my accomodation. My Son is engaged to the Daughter of a Bavarian Oncologist with a Million Euro house and rather a lot of land attached, so I doubt he will be relocating to Cumbria. Let me know when you have the money as I am also looking at a position with Bombardier in Frankfurt at the moment Wink

7"the best they’d ever known." Empty Re: "the best they’d ever known." Wed Apr 04 2012, 21:47

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

LH, you know what the worse thing was with that photo... I actually first thought that isn't Middlebrook as there is no road between Asda and the stores next to it, then I suddenly realised its Burnden Park (at least there is only a Subway there)!

Funny thing is I do miss Nando's every now and again, and they are none in Holland - yet!!!!

8"the best they’d ever known." Empty Re: "the best they’d ever known." Thu Apr 05 2012, 10:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dunkels King wrote:

Well, my wife is a Chef, so that could help but it would take a good relocation package and a nice salary for me to be tempted. My Auntie lives in Keswick so I would have somewhere to stay until you sorted out my accomodation. My Son is engaged to the Daughter of a Bavarian Oncologist with a Million Euro house and rather a lot of land attached, so I doubt he will be relocating to Cumbria. Let me know when you have the money as I am also looking at a position with Bombardier in Frankfurt at the moment Wink

You now seem less committed. If you can't say 'yes' immediately this is not the job for you. There's going to be a lot of hard work to bring Kendal Wanderers to Cumbria, I need people who think this is the most important thing in the world.

Anyway, I've sent another e-mail to Gartside to see if he is up for it. He seemed keen last time we spoke at the country club.

9"the best they’d ever known." Empty Re: "the best they’d ever known." Thu Apr 05 2012, 17:42

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I've jacked the idea of working for Bombardier now so I hope the package on offer with Kendal Wanderers lives up to the hype.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum