Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How many points will we get in April?

+8
Banks of the Croal
Tigermin
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Culcheth_White
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

How many points will we get in April?

How many points will we get in April? Vote_lcap0%How many points will we get in April? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
How many points will we get in April? Vote_lcap20%How many points will we get in April? Vote_rcap 20% [ 2 ]
How many points will we get in April? Vote_lcap50%How many points will we get in April? Vote_rcap 50% [ 5 ]
How many points will we get in April? Vote_lcap20%How many points will we get in April? Vote_rcap 20% [ 2 ]
How many points will we get in April? Vote_lcap10%How many points will we get in April? Vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1How many points will we get in April? Empty How many points will we get in April? Sun Mar 30 2014, 20:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The season begining to draw to a close now - as long as we don't do anything silly there isn't much to play for. Will we start to see some of the youngsters break through in our later matches?

Anyway these are they but how many points will we earn in April?

Huddersfield V Bolton - Sat 5 Apr 15:00

Doncaster V Bolton - Tue 8 Apr 19:45

Bolton V Barnsley - Sat 12 Apr 15:07

Charlton V Bolton - Fri 18 Apr 15:00

Bolton V Leicester - Tue 22 Apr 20:00

Sheff Wed V Bolton - Sat 26 Apr 15:00

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

9 pts.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

13 points!!

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Huddersfield V Bolton 0-2

Doncaster V Bolton - 0-1

Bolton V Barnsley - 2-1

Charlton V Bolton - 1-2

Bolton V Leicester - 0-1

Sheff Wed V Bolton - 1-1

13 points!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

10 points minimum from that lot, apart from Leicester we could and should knock 3 past the rest.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2 points. I cannot see us winning any of those games.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

9 max but then again probably 6. hopefully none then Freedman fucks off !

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Huddersfield = 1point
Doncaster = 1point
Barnsley = 3points
Charlton = 1point
Leicester = 1point
Sheff Weds = 1point

8 points

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Huddersfield one, Doncaster three, Barnsley three, Charlton Three, Leicester zero, Sheff Wed one.

eleven from eighteen.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we can end the season on a high.

Huddersfield 0 V Bolton 2  ( 3 points )

Doncaster 3 V Bolton 1 -  ( 0 points ) 

Bolton 3 V Barnsley 0  ( 3 points ) 

Charlton 2 V Bolton 0 -  ( 0 points ) 

Bolton 0 V Leicester 0  ( 1 point ) 

Sheff Wed 0 V Bolton 1  ( 3 points )

10 points.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Mon Mar 31 2014, 14:37; edited 1 time in total

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would prefer Dougie to focus on sorting out which players and youngsters to keep/target in the summer rather than on getting a few extra points in a situation where we can't reach the playoffs - as long as we survive.
For me, the priority has to be preparation for next season and to that end I'd like to see some serious tinkering, ideally with first team debuts for at least 3 youth players e.g. Clough, Threlkeld and Robinson, an extended run for White at RB and more of Hall. Vela needs to have another shot and do the business or go.
If that means slipping down the table to just above the bottom 3, I wouldn't mind as long as the whole squad is thoroughly tested. 
I know that it would be unpopular with many fans, and there would be calls for Dougie's head, but it's in the best interest of the club IMO.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:I would prefer Dougie to focus on sorting out which players and youngsters to keep/target in the summer rather than on getting a few extra points in a situation where we can't reach the playoffs - as long as we survive.
For me, the priority has to be preparation for next season and to that end I'd like to see some serious tinkering, ideally with first team debuts for at least 3 youth players e.g. Clough, Threlkeld and Robinson, an extended run for White at RB and more of Hall. Vela needs to have another shot and do the business or go.
If that means slipping down the table to just above the bottom 3, I wouldn't mind as long as the whole squad is thoroughly tested. 
I know that it would be unpopular with many fans, and there would be calls for Dougie's head, but it's in the best interest of the club IMO.
lusty I don't think it WOULD be all that unpopular at all but you're dreaming if you think it will happen anyway. 

DF's not going to give youth a chance this season. He should have, frankly the follow up to the Reading match was a golden opportunity to do it but he choked it. He bigs up the kids until we actually have a match then they're "not quite ready" or giving them a go is "unfair to them". Expect the same NEXT season mate.

The follow up to a 7-1 thrashing is to put a load of kids who aren't ready into the first team? I don't see your logic.

He gave Hall a chance on Saturday, he's given White his earlier on the season, he's just signed another youth player from Southampton and had 2 more on the bench. The arguments against his selections, tactics and stubbornness are fair to an extent, but sorry LPP you're talking bollocks here.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:The follow up to a 7-1 thrashing is to put a load of kids who aren't ready into the first team? I don't see your logic.

He gave Hall a chance on Saturday, he's given White his earlier on the season, he's just signed another youth player from Southampton and had 2 more on the bench. The arguments against his selections, tactics and stubbornness are fair to an extent, but sorry LPP you're talking bollocks here.
Really? So after the biggest hammering in a generation the manager says "I won't make changes 'cos some of them deserve the chance to be out there" meaning the failures who'd just put in the most woeful, weak and inept display of my lifetime. Then he said "Giving the kids a chance would be unfair to them" because we were playing Cardiff City in the FA cup and that "we'll bounce back and prove how good we are" and you think I talk sphericals? 

1874, the level of self-delusion coming from you and the few remaining Dougie-philes isn't even funny anymore, it's just tragic.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

luckyPeterpiper wrote:

1874, the level of self-delusion coming from you and the few remaining Dougie-philes isn't even funny anymore, it's just tragic.

I noticed this on the match thread on Saturday evening too! I don't think I've come across anyone at any match this year with such a love of DF. Fair play if you're into those kind of things. Its a free world I suppose.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:The follow up to a 7-1 thrashing is to put a load of kids who aren't ready into the first team? I don't see your logic.

Keeping the same team after a 7-1 thrashing. Is that logical?

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I would prefer Dougie to focus on sorting out which players and youngsters to keep/target in the summer rather than on getting a few extra points in a situation where we can't reach the playoffs - as long as we survive.
lusty I don't think it WOULD be all that unpopular at all but you're dreaming if you think it will happen anyway. 

DF's not going to give youth a chance this season. He should have, frankly the follow up to the Reading match was a golden opportunity to do it but he choked it. He bigs up the kids until we actually have a match then they're "not quite ready" or giving them a go is "unfair to them". Expect the same NEXT season mate.

I think maybe the issue is that he doesn't know how to bring them on. At Palace it was Tony Popovic that integrated the kids, particularly Zaha, into the first team training. According to my Palace work colleague Tony was the man we should've paid the earth for to keep that management team together and to repeat its success in that one year. They think so highly of TP at Palace that when asked would he take DF back the answer was 'not a chance, now or ever', but prior to Pullis they'd take back TP 'in a shot' and they still think he'll come back to them in a few seasons time after Pullis. It highlights how crap our recruiter (PG) was to not understand all of this. I guess to him a coach is a coach.

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Keeping the same team after a 7-1 thrashing. Is that logical?

Course it's not, but the team changed for the next match so I don't see your point.

luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Really? So after the biggest hammering in a generation the manager says "I won't make changes 'cos some of them deserve the chance to be out there" meaning the failures who'd just put in the most woeful, weak and inept display of my lifetime. Then he said "Giving the kids a chance would be unfair to them" because we were playing Cardiff City in the FA cup and that "we'll bounce back and prove how good we are" and you think I talk sphericals? 

That's not the actual quote, he actually said there were certain players which should be made to set things right and make it up to the club. If the kids aren't ready it made no sense to throw them in at a crucial time of the season like that. Now it does make sense as we have nothing to play for so let's see what happens.

It's nothing to do with self delusion I just find the invention of things by some posters frustrating, as I've said many times there's plenty to actually criticise without needing to invent things.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

I think maybe the issue is that he doesn't know how to bring them on. At Palace it was Tony Popovic that integrated the kids, particularly Zaha, into the first team training. According to my Palace work colleague Tony was the man we should've paid the earth for to keep that management team together and to repeat its success in that one year. They think so highly of TP at Palace that when asked would he take DF back the answer was 'not a chance, now or ever', but prior to Pullis they'd take back TP 'in a shot' and they still think he'll come back to them in a few seasons time after Pullis. It highlights how crap our recruiter (PG) was to not understand all of this. I guess to him a coach is a coach.
Can't comment on the truth or otherwise of that but I do question the relevance.
Much was made of what Dougie did or did not do for Zaha etc at Palace, but it's not important. Palace's youth team were not and are still not as good as ours, with or without Zaha and Bolassie.
Anyway Zaha is looking distinctly average on loan at Cardiff and the fee Manure paid for him makes Elmander look like a steal. Bolassie I have time for, but neither can match their pace and skill with a footballing brain.
What is relevant is that our youngsters have improved under Dougie and we're now at the stage where we are hoping they'll start to reach their full potential.
That potential is never going to be world class, especially when you see the 17 and 18 year olds playing regularly in the Prem and abroad, but it can only be expected that BWFC won't attract the top kids. However, the objective is to produce players who are affordable, and I reckon that Dougie will succeed in that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum