Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton vs Barnsley

+20
NickFazer
wessy
gloswhite
Triumph
bryan458
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
CEF
Sluffy
cairocuz
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
scottjames30
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 12:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jesus christ you'd think we'd lost 5-0 reading some of this.

sad that some need to resort to anti Scottish sentiment too. wholly unnecessary.

62Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 12:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Jesus christ you'd think we'd lost 5-0 reading some of this.

Just give it a rest. You didn't pay to watch so you have no right to slag off people who did.

You Scottish wanker.

63Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 12:29

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Not happy Nat ?  Very Happy

64Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 12:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Jesus christ you'd think we'd lost 5-0 reading some of this.

Just give it a rest. You didn't pay to watch so you have no right to slag off people who did.

You Scottish wanker.

How do you report posts?

65Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 12:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

How do you report posts?

PM me.

66Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 14:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor game again and 2 poor sides with next to no excitement and no sign of any technical ability but hey we won so everything must be ok musnt it?

67Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 15:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Poor game again and 2 poor sides with next to no excitement and no sign of any technical ability but hey we won so everything must be ok musnt it?

the idea is to win. 

Not many complained (bar MRS RESPECTABLE, Btw thats Nat's old name for newcomers) when we won that "ugly" with Big Sam. 

A lot of the criticism of Dougie is warranted, and fair, a lot of it is just personal at this point.

68Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 15:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

A lot of the criticism of Dougie is warranted, and fair, a lot of it is just personal at this point.

Hipster, if you'd paid £30 to watch every game, would you be happy with the standard and style of play right now?

69Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 15:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

would you?

70Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 15:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do pay and I am far from happy with what I've seen for most of this season

71Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 16:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:would you?

No, that's why I'm considering Chorley next season.

But if I was sat at home in my Aberdeen penthouse I'd be more than happy with recent results.

72Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 16:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:would you?

No, that's why I'm considering Chorley next season.

But if I was sat at home in my Aberdeen penthouse I'd be more than happy with recent results.

Good win for Chorley, my team FC UTD lost, at home .

You'll win the title now, I just hope we can go up via the play-offs .

73Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 16:40

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Norpig wrote:Poor game again and 2 poor sides with next to no excitement and no sign of any technical ability but hey we won so everything must be ok musnt it?

the idea is to win. 

Not many complained (bar MRS RESPECTABLE, Btw thats Nat's old name for newcomers) when we won that "ugly" with Big Sam. 

To compare this rubbish to Allardyce's football tells me you're out of touch.

There's a difference between winning ugly, and winning despite being inept in almost every department. Defensively we were poor, the midfield was all over the place, and Beckford was isolated up front on his own.

Results are pretty irrelevant at this stage. What people want is reason to think we're not in for another season like this one, and a few jammy wins against some truly shit sides doesn't cut the mustard.

74Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 16:46

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only time Allardyce won Ugly, was against '' Mainly'' the top six, then. UTD, Liverpool, Arsenal and so on. Spurs and co.

Otherwise he played some really good looking, sexy football.

We played Barnsley yesterday, and we didn't look sexy, I bet no Bolton footballer got their end away last night.

75Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 16:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I bet no Bolton footballer got their end away last night.

Dougie did, he shafted about 15,000 of us yesterday.

76Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 16:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The difference under Sam was we had individuals with special ability capable of lighting the game up, and players who could pick a pass in certain areas. Both of which we obviously don't have now IMO.

but the actual mindset was the same, clean sheet first, get in front, bring off attackers to sure up midfield and defense. 

I remember it very very well.

77Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 16:59

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The difference under Sam was we had individuals with special ability capable of lighting the game up, and players who could pick a pass in certain areas. Both of which we obviously don't have now IMO.

but the actual mindset was the same, clean sheet first, get in front, bring off attackers to sure up midfield and defense. 

But we were playing '' at the time'' some of the best teams in the world.

Not Barnsley, and we beat some of the best teams in the world '' back then ''. playing like that.

78Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 17:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:The difference under Sam was we had individuals with special ability capable of lighting the game up, and players who could pick a pass in certain areas. Both of which we obviously don't have now IMO.

But we were playing '' at the time'' some of the best teams in the world.

Not Barnsley, and we beat some of the best teams in the world '' back then ''. playing like that.

How does that affect what i said, the mindset of the managers is similar is my point. 

there's also the counter if we went wide open yesterday and bombed on would we have actually won 5-0 which was suggested? 

I think it's probably a touch dramatic to make things so black and white.

79Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 17:19

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We shouldn't play like we did against Barnsley?

What's that got to do with fat Sam? are you suggesting he'd of played like that?

80Bolton vs Barnsley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton vs Barnsley Sun Apr 13 2014, 18:41

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Breadman wrote:It was a dire bore-fest and if I'd paid thirty quid to watch that, I'd be asking for a refund.

Do you know what a dire bore-fest is? It's like a bore-fest - only more dire.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum