Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1 defeat and 7 wins in the last 12 games...

+4
bryan458
wanderlust
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Well, can we?

Personally I have not particularly enjoyed some recent games and have found them boring. But I am allowed to say that while most of the rest of you are not.

This is because earlier in the season I applauded and championed good passing and excitement and I place entertainment, in general, above results. However, the vast majority of the rest of you, almost unanimously, stated that pleasing performances were of little or no importance as long as the result was favourable. Yet many of those same people are bemoaning a lack of entertainment despite being top of the current form table for the last few weeks.

I am not saying you are wrong to still be annoyed...
I just want to know why...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

when exactly was this good passing and excitement earlier in the season? I must have drifted off for a couple of months, because apart from the odd game, we have been rubbish at home.

The problem is that the season overall has been very poor, the results recently are very welcome but for example the Barnsley game was very poor in terms of excitement and quality football. Its papering over the cracks as we have been poor this season and Dougies defensive tactics are driving people away.

The fella who has sat behind me in the East lower for years told me he's had enough and will pick and choose his games next season and i suspect their will be quite a lot of the same mind.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A few months ago it looked like we'd be relegated and nobody knew where our next points would come from.
The Barnsley result finally meant that we are statistically safe for another season so that job is done.

We know that it's likely that there will be a few faces leaving and arriving over the summer so I'm not too fussed that securing our status as a Championship club has been an ugly affair for the most part.

What will matter is how the team shapes up next season and if Dougie wants to stay away from the pressure we need to make a lot better start than we did this year.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

"Good Passing", are you living in Dougie land??????

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor passing and inability to retain possession is the primary reason we are mid table instead of competing for promotion. Better chance creation and decent finishing would have helped improve things too, but we just don't have the players to do it. We survived because our defence finally came good shortly after the hammering at Reading.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It's been an awful season that picked up but was boring then got awful again then got us excited only to bring us back down with an 'awful win at the weekend' so in a nut shell an 'awful boring exciting awful' season, but watch this space as I expect it to get????? who knows with Mr Bean in charge.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yes we bloomin' can moan as the prat in charge was 85% at fault for all those other matches where we have lost points due to crap team selections and utter garbage tactics. 

What made him even more of a fool was when he stumbled upon a winning formula and then changed it because he felt he had to! Idiot!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:Yes we bloomin' can moan as the prat in charge was 85% at fault for all those other matches where we have lost points due to crap team selections and utter garbage tactics. 

What made him even more of a fool was when he stumbled upon a winning formula and then changed it because he felt he had to! Idiot!
Remind me when he changed a "winning formula" without having to do so because of injuries that led to a defeat in the following game?
I can't remember as single time that happened although my memory may be failing me.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The 4-0 against Blackburn and the 5-1 against Leeds are results we wouldn't have got playing the way we were earlier in the season.

The 1-0's against Barnsley and Huddersfield though are a different story. We just played exactly the same as we did early on in the season, when we generally weren't good enough.

At this stage the fans just want to see that we're not in for another season of 4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 or whatever. There's only so far we can get playing that way. The best thing Dougie could do to get the fans on his side for next season is play a straightforward 4-4-2 as against Watford, Leeds, Blackburn, Yeovil and the first half at Doncaster.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Ok, forget the good and bad passing pedantry for a minute.

Most of you said, forget the style of the win. A win is a win and the performance counts for nothing. So why are most still complaining after the recent wins?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The 5-1 against Leeds looked like a grand result at the time but they went ahead and lost 8 of their next 10 games..... so we beat a team that was about to slide badly.  So maybe we a had a little bit of a false illusion that we had turned around to attacking footy.....maybe we played the same and the goals flew in for us that day.  Personally I'll take an ugly win any day of the week but you can't go out to deliberately win games that way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum