Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boggers, he doesnt let penalties in...

+3
doffcocker
Hip Priest
Bolton Nuts
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

So what's Bogdans secret? He not only went the right way again this weekend He also did enough to put the guy off from even hitting the target.

Did anyone else just know he wasn't going to score?

I referred to it as the Baptiste/Bogdan combination coming up trumps again...

Doug not so keen though, "he is a good goalie for us, has been excellent since he came back but he doesn't need to do all that line dancing as I call it, just stand in the middle and do your best to keep it out, but its something we can work on, he is a good lad.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fair play to the lad, I was dreading his return from injury but since he came back the lad has been absolutely EXCELLENT, rescuing us on many occasions with superb saves,well done Boggers,keep it up lad.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I just knew O'Grady was gonna miss, except I thought he was gonna blaze it completely over the bar.

Bogdan has proved a lot of people wrong since he came back. He seems a likable guy, I'm really pleased for him.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He said something about having a penalty technique but wasn't prepared to share his secret. Whatever it is it seems to have worked recently. Must be off-putting seeing the ginger giant dancing around.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doesn't he stand in the position he thinks the striker will kick the ball to?

Bolton Nuts

Admin

It's more complicated than that...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No professional footballer should miss a penalty. It's the equivalent of an Accountant getting 2+2 wrong.

When I took penalties for Penwortham Girls School I had a 23/23 record over 4 years.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:No professional footballer should miss a penalty. It's the equivalent of an Accountant getting 2+2 wrong.

When I took penalties for Penwortham Girls School I had a 23/23 record over 4 years.
How many 6'4" international goalies did you beat? Not that it matters as you clearly believe the goalie - any goalie - has no influence on the outcome of the penalty.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Doug not so keen though, "he is a good goalie for us, has been excellent since he came back but he doesn't need to do all that line dancing as I call it, just stand in the middle and do your best to keep it out, but its something we can work on, he is a good lad.

I couldn't care less if he did the chicken dance used his fucking cock to save them... whats the problem DF? whatever hes doing works - leave him too it.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Doug not so keen though, "he is a good goalie for us, has been excellent since he came back but he doesn't need to do all that line dancing as I call it, just stand in the middle and do your best to keep it out, but its something we can work on, he is a good lad.

I couldn't care less if he did the chicken dance used his fucking cock to save them... whats the problem DF? whatever hes doing works - leave him too it.
I don't get that quote either. If "doing your best to keep it out" involves standing on the side where he thinks the kicker will place it then jumping across to bluff/double bluff him then Boggers is doing exactly what Dougie is suggesting.

I guess Dougie wants to divert any allegations of being "unsporting" but having watched the Wigan/Arse penalty shoot out, Boggers jumping around is gentlemanly by comparison.

I think Boggers' tactic is excellent.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I made that quote up, soz.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I think Boggers tactic is this...

Stand in the middle until the penalty taker is identified. Then stand at one side of the goal to show a massive space at the other side. So now the striker makes his mind up on how to overcome that and picks a side. But then just after he has placed the ball on the spot and started to walk backwards Boggers then moves quickly to the opposite side and exposes the other side. So by the time the striker looks up again Bogdan ha thrown a spanner in the works and the striker panics over whether to stick to the side he has already picked or change his mind at the last minute - this results in an advantage to Bogdan as the penalty taker (under pressure) can't recompose himself in time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum