Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman looking to freshen up Bolton ranks

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman will be looking to 'trade' this summer, with Bolton Wanderers focused on finding players with the right level of commitment.

The Trotters feel a freshening up of their senior squad is necessary, but have no intention of parting with key men.

Speculation has already started to link the likes of Mark Davies with a move elsewhere - with Leicester City said to be keen ahead of their return to the Premier League.

Freedman is expecting the upcoming transfer window to be a busy one, and concedes that every player has a price, but he is more concerned with building a side around star performers than generating funds by offloading them.

He said in the Bolton News: "If people come in for any of my players, then the first conversation would be, 'Do you want to stay?'

"If the answer is 'yes' then I'd keep them, no doubt. But everything is for sale. It would be silly to say you'd answer every question with a 'no'.

"I'm fed up, in 20 months of being here, of players who feel this football club owes them something. They think it's their right that 'I should be playing this week'.

"We should be looking forward and I want players who want to be here. If they don't want to be here, then that's my attitude - go."

Freedman is yet to be made aware of the budget he will be working with this summer, but the Scot is confident that productive business will be carried out.

He added: "I have to do some trading. This club hasn't done enough in the past. It hasn't produced enough assets to trade.

"We've relied on loans, then when they go back we start all over again.

"I'm yet to see what the budget is going to be for next season, but I don't think it will be as it has been.

"I would like to think I can keep a hold of one or two, but know that one or two will move on and a few will come in.

"I think it will naturally cut itself up with a few coming to the end of their contract who are on good Premier League money.

"It's definitely opened my eyes that we need to trade. I owe it to the fans that we see some fresher, younger faces because when we've had that, results have improved."

Source

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

When he says things like this, I have complete faith in him. When he continues to chop and change winning combinations, and churning out shit teams with shit tactics, I can't help but think he  is incapable of delivering it. Can't help but wonder whether fresh faces will make a difference to the way he manages them? (although he seems set in his ways)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These are good for a freshen up:

Dougie Freedman looking to freshen up Bolton ranks  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrM3bamSpLBcY2EOosniscFKI7_yh70xqhHy_c_TF5wsQGLqZP

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum