Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts Logo

+4
boltonbonce
Keegan
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

What do you think of the new logo?

Bolton Nuts Logo Vote_lcap54%Bolton Nuts Logo Vote_rcap 54% [ 7 ]
Bolton Nuts Logo Vote_lcap46%Bolton Nuts Logo Vote_rcap 46% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton Nuts Logo Empty Bolton Nuts Logo Fri May 09 2014, 22:21

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You may have noticed we have changed the Bolton Nuts logo.  What do you think of the new logo?  Do you like it?  Let us know what you think.

2Bolton Nuts Logo Empty Re: Bolton Nuts Logo Fri May 09 2014, 23:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think your elephant is better than the clubs one

3Bolton Nuts Logo Empty Re: Bolton Nuts Logo Fri May 09 2014, 23:02

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Wow... 50% of the voters dislike the new logo... why do you dislike it?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4Bolton Nuts Logo Empty Re: Bolton Nuts Logo Fri May 09 2014, 23:59

Sorry guys, not working for me......

The Bolton Nuts bit is great. It's scrolling in a "Star Wars" way and that's got to be good.

But the club badge bit looks a bit odd.

It looks like it's saying R A, not BWFC.

And what's that weird flicky out bit on the right that looks like a depressed and useless willy...?

5Bolton Nuts Logo Empty Re: Bolton Nuts Logo Sat May 10 2014, 00:44

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

It's just a stylized elephant using the BWFC logo - not meant to be saying anything else. The depressed and useless willy is the elephants tail...

Very Happy

6Bolton Nuts Logo Empty Re: Bolton Nuts Logo Sat May 10 2014, 01:07

Ah yes, I see it now.......

Sorry.

How thick do I feel now?

Good work, sir.

7Bolton Nuts Logo Empty Re: Bolton Nuts Logo Sat May 10 2014, 01:14

Sorry, Keegs, the more I look at it now, the more obvious it looks.......

Bloody hell.......

8Bolton Nuts Logo Empty Re: Bolton Nuts Logo Sat May 10 2014, 02:05

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

No worries, Bread... I can't take any credit for the elephant, though - I just made some adjustments to the work of a fellow Nutter!

9Bolton Nuts Logo Empty Re: Bolton Nuts Logo Sat May 10 2014, 07:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quite like it. Trust Bread to see a 'depressed and useless willy'! Has he been speaking to Mrs Bonce!

10Bolton Nuts Logo Empty Re: Bolton Nuts Logo Sat May 10 2014, 10:36

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I love the elephant but hate the star wars lettering at the bottom. I will reserve my vote until later.

11Bolton Nuts Logo Empty Re: Bolton Nuts Logo Sun May 11 2014, 13:50

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Star Wars lettering is ok, but don't like the stylised elephant!

12Bolton Nuts Logo Empty Re: Bolton Nuts Logo Sun May 11 2014, 13:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

But the club badge bit looks a bit odd.

It looks like it's saying R A, not BWFC.

Is it supposed to be BWFC? Really?

13Bolton Nuts Logo Empty Re: Bolton Nuts Logo Sun May 11 2014, 14:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A bit of the background to this.

When we started this site we didn't really think too much about appearance, we thought - and still do, that content and how people are treated was far more important.

Biggie (I think?) put our first banner up - I can't even remember what it was, then Keegan came along and did one.

I think it was Keegan who started off the 'thumbs up' theme and also put what I thought was a screw and a couple of boltons in the corner of the banner that he did.

I had no idea why he had done that and had to ask, to which he first showed me his genius and cleverness of design by pointing out the were a Bolt and Nuts (Bolton Nuts!) get it!

To be honest though, although it was indeed very smart, it simply looked 'odd' as a logo - so the thumbs up kind of became our logo by default.

Back then - and like all the other sites around now, once a banner was made - that was that - it never changed again and became a permanant fixture.

Keegan however every so often did us a new one though.

The next thing that happened was I sort of got a flash of inspiration one day and asked Keegan if the banners were easy to make and if so could he do one for each month - sort of like a calendar.

Well Keegs did much better than that, and that is why we have so many banners, many of which are made for specific occassions such as the next match up.

A while back 'Numpty' posted a picture, which he now uses of his avatar, of am elephant - in the shape of the old football shaped BWFC logo, with those stupid ribbons as its tail. I thought it was brilliant and asked his permission to use it as the Nuts logo which he happily agreed to.

However there was not much enthusiasm to change our logo at the time - even though the 'thumbs up' had no BWFC relevance but the 'elephant' had.

The recent decission to bring back the elephant on the shirt prompted me to float the idea again with more success - hence the new logo we are trialing above.

A few changes were made - we had to get 'Bolton Nuts' on there somehow - hence the Star War scroll effect, nobody but me liked the ribbons as a tail - hence the change - and it was felt that we should have the red rose in there - that's why Nellie is holding one with her trunk.

I guess you could say the logo is what you would expect if it was designed by a committee - which in effect it was - but at least the elephant didn't turn into a camel, we've still got a nod towards the old BWFC 'ball' logo, we've got our name in and for good luck we've got the Lancashire red rose in too!

Great work I feel from Keegs to achieve what he has.

I know it won't please everyone but I think it is a fantastic achievement in capturing the representation of our site - which after all is a footy forum for a club rich in tradition - hence the sybolic elephant, rose and ball shaped logo based.

I like it and I think it the more people see it the more they will like it too.

Hope so anyway.

Big hats off to Keegan obviously.

14Bolton Nuts Logo Empty Re: Bolton Nuts Logo Mon May 12 2014, 23:45

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The original "Thumbs Up" was courtesy of Biggie. Cheers for the kudos, Sluffy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum