Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers midfielder Keith Andrews eager to extend Brighton stay

+3
Natasha Whittam
NickFazer
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keith Andrews wants to stay on at Brighton next season even though the club missed out on the play-off final yesterday.

The Irishman heads back to Wanderers this summer after spending several months on loan at the Amex Stadium.

Dougie Freedman has claimed that the experienced midfielder could even make a surprise return to contention next season, if he accepts that his first-team chances will be limited.

Andrews played for Oscar Garcia’s side last night as they were beaten 6-2 on aggregate over two legs by Derby County to end their chances of playing in the Premier League.

Brighton have not yet indicated whether they will look to sign Andrews permanently.

But the 33-year-old Dubliner has developed an affection for the Seagulls after making 37 appearances for them in all competitions this term, and admits he would certainly consider spending another spell at the club.

“It would be something I’d be interested in,” he said.

“When the people are so good to you and make you feel so welcome, the fans have been fantastic, it’s a one-club town.

"No-one supports anyone else and the attendances are something that I haven’t experienced in football for a long, long time.

“We’ve got the best attendances in the whole league although other clubs in the league are supposedly bigger.

“It’s a club I would like to stay involved in but contract-wise I’m contracted to a different club next season, I’m only here on loan.

“These things are not always in your hands and you can’t always dictate where you go and how your career pans out.

“But I would certainly like to stay on at Brighton into the future because I have thoroughly enjoyed it this year.”

Andrews spent a little over a year at Wanderers after being signed on a free transfer from West Brom by Owen Coyle in July 2012.

An Achilles problem hampered his progress at first but soon after Freedman’s arrival his fortunes seemed to have turned as he became a regular starter, weighing in with four goals in six games over the Christmas period.

Further problems with his Achilles and a torn thigh muscle then ruled him out for the rest of the campaign by mid-January.

Andrews played the first two games of the season for Wanderers but was shipped out to Brighton on loan in August.

Playing in front of the Championship’s biggest average gate of 27,283 at the Amex, Andrews feels that the club are set up for top flight football.

“You hear a lot of clubs shouting from the rooftops that they are a Premier League club in waiting but this one is genuine,” he said.

“The people here have a genuine love for the club and it’s one I firmly believe deserves to be in the Premier League.”

Source

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lets get this one done Douglas.

I'll always like Keet for the time when he referred to us in an interview on GMR as "the Manchester United of the Championship."

Deluded clown that he is..........

Brighton have sacked there manager today, so maybe there new manager won't want him.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:Brighton have sacked there manager today, so maybe there new manager won't want him.

To be fair he actually resigned, a rare thing in the modern game.

He felt getting to the play-offs wasn't good enough - pity our own manager doesn't have the same pride.

You turning on Flitcroft already?

Fickle bastard.......

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:You turning on Flitcroft already?

Fickle bastard.......

I forgot who I supported for a moment. Not easy to undo 25 years in a few days.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
OneFinFreedman wrote:Brighton have sacked there manager today, so maybe there new manager won't want him.

To be fair he actually resigned, a rare thing in the modern game.

He felt getting to the play-offs wasn't good enough - pity our own manager doesn't have the same pride.
So nothing to do with him looking for a better paid job then?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fuck the lazy twat off.

He obviously don't give a shit about us and as he thinks they are such a massive club, let him go there.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bolton-wanderers-midfielder-keith-andrews-eager-to-extend-brighton-stay

And so are we.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brighton did well last season on a limited budget. It's clear Dougie just didn't know how to utilise or motivate Andrews.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I never saw Andrews have a decent game in a white shirt tbh.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I never saw Andrews have a decent game in a white shirt tbh.

You were probably too busy happy clapping. But he must have done something right at Brighton as he seemed to be a regular for them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum