Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would You Be Bothered If Romanians Moved In Next Door?

+13
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
mark leach
rammywhite
White84
bwfc71
Tigermin
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

No one wants to live next to any anti-social neighbours but until people from Romainia, etc learn to adapt to our country and society's norms, then their 'normal' way of life will be seen somewhat anti-social to many of us - and that is why what Nigel said - irrespective of how PC it was - is true.

Do you know a lot of Romanians? Can't say I do, but I'd imagine the same was said about Indians, Poles and even the Irish at points in history. Yet the vast majority have contributed to this country, where's the evidence to say having a Romanian family next door is some kind of nightmare? Twats exist in every nationality, it's not exclusive to foreigners who people like Farage regard as alien and therefore hostile.

In days gone by the British way of life, and the character of its peoples were what people aspired to. They came here knowing they would be safe, and respected. As the years have gone by, especially the last couple of decades or so, our political leaders have let us down, (thank you Mr Blair), by irrevocably changing the infrastructure of this country by allowing uncontrolled immigration, along with a policy that didn't allow the British public a voice to air its concerns. Rather than attain multiculturism, and everyone speaking a common language, in all respects, where we all loved each other, it encouraged immigrants to live together, whilst denying proper integration, for them and us. It then allowed even more Europeans in, who were known to have a much poorer, and less regulated, i.e. criminally active, way of life. Sluffy made a good point in that when cultures clash, then surely the residents have a perfect right to question whether the changing of our laws and ways should be given away so easily, with no hope of getting it back. I have no problem with immigration, to a point, as I believe that every man, regardless of colour or creed is entitled to do whatever he can to provide for his family. What I don't agree with is changing the very basics of our culture to cater for a minority, especially when they have no apparent means, or intention, of contributing to the betterment of this country, or its society. Farage is allowing the public the opportunity to show how frustrated we are, but like most people I know there is no way he will progress to the point where he will form a government.

I agree with Glos. UKIP are unlikely to win the next general election. I doubt very much that they plan to. Their strength lies in picking up protest voters who feel marginalised. Anyone who speaks out about immigration or border control is automatically branded a racist and we need somebody with balls big enough to stand up and shout that that isn't the case at all. We Brits by and large are a tolerant bunch but some of the shoite that has been foisted on us in the interest of a multi-cultural society is a bloody joke.

Does anybody with half an ounce of common sense living in the UK actually believe that the following of Sharia / Shia Islam is the way forward?

It's a draconian immoral lifestyle with limited merit, especially for women. Scudamore might be a sexist by modern standards but his antics pale into significance when compared to some of the shite spouted by the mad mullahs.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

gloswhite wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

No one wants to live next to any anti-social neighbours but until people from Romainia, etc learn to adapt to our country and society's norms, then their 'normal' way of life will be seen somewhat anti-social to many of us - and that is why what Nigel said - irrespective of how PC it was - is true.

Do you know a lot of Romanians? Can't say I do, but I'd imagine the same was said about Indians, Poles and even the Irish at points in history. Yet the vast majority have contributed to this country, where's the evidence to say having a Romanian family next door is some kind of nightmare? Twats exist in every nationality, it's not exclusive to foreigners who people like Farage regard as alien and therefore hostile.

In days gone by the British way of life, and the character of its peoples were what people aspired to. They came here knowing they would be safe, and respected. As the years have gone by, especially the last couple of decades or so, our political leaders have let us down, (thank you Mr Blair), by irrevocably changing the infrastructure of this country by allowing uncontrolled immigration, along with a policy that didn't allow the British public a voice to air its concerns. Rather than attain multiculturism, and everyone speaking a common language, in all respects, where we all loved each other, it encouraged immigrants to live together, whilst denying proper integration, for them and us. It then allowed even more Europeans in, who were known to have a much poorer, and less regulated, i.e. criminally active, way of life. Sluffy made a good point in that when cultures clash, then surely the residents have a perfect right to question whether the changing of our laws and ways should be given away so easily, with no hope of getting it back. I have no problem with immigration, to a point, as I believe that every man, regardless of colour or creed is entitled to do whatever he can to provide for his family. What I don't agree with is changing the very basics of our culture to cater for a minority, especially when they have no apparent means, or intention, of contributing to the betterment of this country, or its society. Farage is allowing the public the opportunity to show how frustrated we are, but like most people I know there is no way he will progress to the point where he will form a government.
Excellent post Glos.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

After with living with 6 polish people for 18 months in a house, a house full of any migrants would definitely not bother me.  The majority (e.g. 99%) are just wanting to work to better themselves and don't want any trouble.

Of the 6 polish people I lived with, 4 of them went back to Poland and 2 of them still live in The Netherlands and carved out their own careers and they now have a little baby as well!  They are probably the best couple I actually know!

Thing is people are just people whether in groups or individually - some you like and some you don't.  Never anything to be afraid of. I would jut see them as friends who I don't know yet!

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As for Romanians I know 4 Romanians and they are friendly and workaholics and just want to better themselves, like we all do!  2 of them now live and work in Norway and 1 of them moved back to Romania and another now moved to the UK and works on a farm.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Vote EDL they have better chants and it's like being at the match in the 80's.Id legalise cannabis for personal use.ID legalise Heroin ( diamorphine) Heroin was just the trade name given by the German pharmaceutical company Bayer in 1899.when it was legal there were a very small amount of Heroin users.When made a schedule A drug it made a black market now it is believed 500-000 are addicted.In Switserland in 1997 they had a national referendum wether to treat addicts as addiction is an illness.They voted for.Now there are 18 controlled clinics where users smoke or inject in safe clean environment there prescribed amount of Heroin. Crime has dropped 70-80% and addicts have been able to find jobs etc. It would cut down massively on crime policing court time,legal aid,less Polizie,Solicitors,Lawyers,Judges,Probation officers,Insurance premiums and Gangs and stop the Taliban making money for weapons.When you look at it maybe the Government want to keep the status quo,it's a mini economy.Conspiracy theory??? Anyway I live in Salford FFS only three shootings this week.Gangs fighting over drug territory.Legalise it under strict conditions.Prohibition does not work!As for Romanions as long as they didn't make mess and noise they're alright by me.Racism alive and well on the Bolton nuts board.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Joke about EDL people want a better life if they come to work good on them.No benefits for at least 6 years.food vouchers for Aldi etc.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What politicians really think. Gordon Brown accompanied by his nodding lap dog Danczuk pretending to care when questioned by Gillian Duffy from Rochdale. What is interesting is that as soon as she mentions immigration and eastern Europeans he immediately stereotypes her as a bigot.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Farage has been hammered the last couple of weeks for his racist/homophobic party and rightly so there's just no place for it in modern day Britain. You can't go around making comments like that and expect to get away with.

Unfortunately there is a place in modern Britain for it. We'll see that on Thursday when millions of people democratically opt to vote UKIP and thereby express the UKIP view as their view.
And that means that there is a place for that view, like it or lump it.
And you can get away with making comments like that because that view is a commonly held view. If people want to brand Romanians collectively as criminals ,then as a free country and with more or less free speech,, people can say what they want. Attempt to remove that right and you introduce something far worse - a society where unacceptable views are banned.

He's getting hammered by the press daily, that's what I mean by not getting away with it - I clearly don't mean lock him up.

For what it's worth I agree with the view multiculturalism has failed in a lot of places, not enough has been done to integrate communities. I also think times have changed and the thought of everybody in your street being English is just not going to happen. As it wouldn't in a lot of countries, I never grew up in that situation so that's probably why I see Britain in a different way to others on this thread.

I still don't see any evidence to suggest that Romanians are terrible neighbours purely because of their nationality, a different story comes out about UKIP MPs everyday unfortunately for Nigel it seems a number of his colleagues are exactly what the opposition portray them as racist/sexist/homophobe nutters.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is a sound economic argument for controlled inmmigration. Many parents are worried about the future of their children and whether they will be able to get a job in the future with the influx of foreign workers from all parts of Europe.

Surely as a nation we should have the right to refuse entry to criminals from eastern Europe? Multiculturalism sounds great in practise but how many immigrants actually integrate themselves in British Culture. The religious divide between Christianity and Islam is a huge barrier in uniting community relations.

Ultimately, the integration of all sections of our society can only be achieved by the will of the people and not by statute.

Greater London roughly has a population of about 6 million people of which, about 2 million are home grown Cockney Sparrows. When the indigenous people find themselves disenfranchised and without a voice in their own country it allows the likes of the BNP to gain a foothold.

Over the years successive governments have sold the electorate down the river. Starting with decimalisation and Ted Heath signing us up to the common market right through to the banking crisis and Gordon selling off our gold reserves on the cheap. Many people no longer trust politicians and their false promises. It took eight years of legal wrangling and millions of pounds of taxpayer funded legal aid to remove wanted terrorists Abu Hamza and Abu Qatada. People get very angry at this kind of thing. Hamza's wife and kids live in a state funded detached house in London and she gets £650 per week in state handouts. Her and her brood have no affinity with our country whatsoever. Hard working people in the UK have to go on a waiting list for a council house and are only successful when they have secured enough points. In the meantime they have to live with their parents in cramped conditions.

It's vitally essential that these issues are robustly debated and simply branding people as racist is a cop out.

I'll be voting UKIP tomorrow if only to cock a snook at the greedy bloody politicians with their snouts in the trough. I hope the main parties get a bloody good kicking tomorrow. If nothing else it should be a wake up call to those people who are complacent enough to think that the voters are all stupid.

But his comment wasn't about Romanian criminals it was about Romanians in general RT. He made a cock up and he knows it because anti-EU was there policy, but now he's specified it to anti Romanian, he's apologised today saying the vast majority of Romanians would make good neighbours, he obviously recognises that what he said was wrong and is trying to correct it.

The EU debate needs to happen, but UKIP are scare mongering and outright lying in order to try and win votes, we need a sensible debate with clear facts which they're only pulling us away from.

Interestingly the Green Party are just behind UKIP having tripled their share of popularity this year, but as they're far less controversial the media are ignoring it. Take a look at their policies for an alternative to the big three.

"UKIP are scare mongering and outright lying in order to try and win votes."

For someone who is obviously as politically aware and astute as yourself, that is one of the most blindingly naive comments I have ever read on the internet in general, never mind Nuts.

Politicians lying to secure votes.....?

Call the Electoral Commission and the Police, we have a new type of crime on our hands !!!

This is about the EU debate, people are applauding them for opening it up but they're spreading lies and scare mongering which only has a negative effect in terms of a sensible debate.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know what 1874 means. ALL politicians tell porkies in order to win votes. It's all smoke and mirrors designed to fool the masses. The Green Party by and large seem a sensible bunch but like UKIP they are unable to maintain the numbers to form a government.

I have no doubt that proportional representation will raise it's head at some point. There is a decent argument both for and against.

As far as the media goes, I think they are making a big mistake by continually targeting Farage and UKIP instead of focusing on the real issues pertaining to Europe. The UKIP bashing just makes the public more determined to vote for them. After all, we all love an underdog.

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

UKIP is for losers.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

mark leach wrote:UKIP is for losers.

Are you calling me a loser? When did you last get asked to marry a professional footballer?

Aren't you going to address the frankly scandalous suggestion about your sex life that is currently scrolling across the top of the home page?

I think the mods aren't taking your love life seriously and see it simply as something to milk cheap laughs out of like a big fat comedy cow.

Shameful and I'm surprised you're allowing it to happen, Nat......

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

mark leach wrote:UKIP is for losers.

Agreed.

They like to moan but they have no real sustainable answers to their moans!

Also according to recent pools the majority of people want to stay within the EU but with change and NOT pull out of the EU - thus making UKIPs one and only policy as very unobtainable.

Do you seriously think anybody is going to vote UKIP in a General Election?

They're being used by the silent majority to register a protest against the big boys in the local elections, that's all.

We all know they're basically a bunch of odious Tory twats, but they're currently serving a purpose - ie allowing the whole immigration question to be discussed without anyone who says they've had enough being automatically branded a racist.

They'll make gains in the local elections, force the major parties to actually start addressing the numbers of foreigners pouring into the UK and hopefully effect some serious change.

Then they'll disappear again, back up Nige's arse.

Simple as that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum