Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers Debt In Focus.

+5
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
bryan458
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton Wanderers Debt In Focus. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers Debt In Focus. Sun May 25 2014, 15:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Burnley got promoted and they were nothing special.

I might be in la la land here but I think Freedman is a decent manager and if he can land a forward who can score - Juke possibly - and sort out our full backs - then we have as good as chance as most teams for making the play-offs.

Burnley have a solid defence with Trippier possibly the best wingback in the division, huge workrate, 2 good strikers and midfielders like Arfield who could provide the ammo and score a few themselves. Think you are underrating them Sluffy - they had no obvious weak links at Championship level.

Juke probably equates to Vokes in terms of style and ability, but Burnley also had Ings who was in the form of his life last term. To match what they've achieved we would need Juke plus one more which in our financial position means that either Beckford learns to shoot, Sordell has his head screwed on right or one of the youngsters suddenly turns into a quality striker.

22Bolton Wanderers Debt In Focus. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers Debt In Focus. Sun May 25 2014, 15:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Burnley got promoted and they were nothing special.

I might be in la la land here but I think Freedman is a decent manager and if he can land a forward who can score - Juke possibly - and sort out our full backs - then we have as good as chance as most teams for making the play-offs.

Burnley have a solid defence with Trippier possibly the best wingback in the division, huge workrate, 2 good strikers and midfielders like Arfield who could provide the ammo and score a few themselves. Think you are underrating them Sluffy - they had no obvious weak links at Championship level.

Juke probably equates to Vokes in terms of style and ability, but Burnley also had Ings who was in the form of his life last term. To match what they've achieved we would need Juke plus one more which in our financial position means that either Beckford learns to shoot, Sordell has his head screwed on right or one of the youngsters suddenly turns into a quality striker.

If that was so obvious why were they much nearer to getting relegated than promoted by the bookmakers in the betting at the start of the season and even Cooper was surprised at how well they started and continued?

My point still stands - a decent defence and an attack that can score goals will do well in this division - you don't have to be special to get out of this league - we are all much of a muchness - only one of the relegated clubs in the last two seasons bounced back and that was QPR by the skin of their teeth!

23Bolton Wanderers Debt In Focus. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers Debt In Focus. Sun May 25 2014, 15:47

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

My point still stands - a decent defence and an attack that can score goals will do well in this division - you don't have to be special to get out of this league - we are all much of a muchness - only one of the relegated clubs in the last two seasons bounced back and that was QPR by the skin of their teeth!

But we didn't see the top half of the season when we had Duke, last season.

We seem to bottle it in the games we need to win, and Freedman's tactics won't get us enough wins.

24Bolton Wanderers Debt In Focus. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers Debt In Focus. Sun May 25 2014, 16:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

scottjames30 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

But we didn't see the top half of the season when we had Duke, last season.

We seem to bottle it in the games we need to win, and Freedman's tactics won't get us enough wins.

We didn't have a decent defence.

QED.

25Bolton Wanderers Debt In Focus. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers Debt In Focus. Sun May 25 2014, 16:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum