Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Impressed with doog?

+9
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
JAH
Triumph
NickFazer
doffcocker
wanderlust
Hip Priest
Bolton Nuts
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Impressed with doog? Empty Impressed with doog? Sat May 24 2014, 23:50

Bolton Nuts

Admin

It seems to have been a strange close season for us so far in that Dougie has got off to a flyer on the transfers front... We usually don't even hear of us being linked with anyone until near deadline day never mind deals wrapped up. Is anyone impressed with Dougies quick and decisive moves?

Danns, Feeny, Trotter, Robinson, possibly Moritz, juke and Mason to come too. And its worth noting the return of sordell and tierney too... We also saw the introduction of Kellet, White, Lester and that other kid at the end of the season who all looked decent on first glance.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Sun May 25 2014, 01:59

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whatever players he signs is irrelevant if he continues with his ridiculously over cautious tactical approach,which I have no doubt he will. Shame really cos his eye for a decent player is good (Trotter excepted of course),the club is going nowhere under this bloke.

3Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Sun May 25 2014, 10:58

Bolton Nuts

Admin

In my ideal world we would now sign Juke, Mason and a left back... Also Moritz if possible... DONE.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Sun May 25 2014, 11:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do you think that the team that drew 2 - 2 at home to Birmingham would be good enough to get promoted out of this league? I don't.
Which is why signing the players we've already had on loan may not be enough.
I remain unconvinced about Trotter, Danns and Feeney. Juke is a maybe for me.
Perhaps the signing of Dervite and the return of Tierney (and possibly Sordell and Andrews) may make a difference but only the signing of a couple of quality attackers would convince me we'd have a side that can get promoted.
I don't expect those signings will materialise so ATM my hope is that performances improve.

5Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Sun May 25 2014, 11:51

wanderlust wrote:Do you think that the team that drew 2 - 2 at home to Birmingham would be good enough to get promoted out of this league? I don't.
Which is why signing the players we've already had on loan may not be enough.
I remain unconvinced about Trotter, Danns and Feeney. Juke is a maybe for me.
Perhaps the signing of Dervite and the return of Tierney (and possibly Sordell and Andrews) may make a difference but only the signing of a couple of quality attackers would convince me we'd have a side that can get promoted.
I don't expect those signings will materialise so ATM my hope is that performances improve.

Great post, completely agree.

Definitely pleased he's doing business early but I think we'll be limited to between 6th and 12th unless we can find a couple of gems as you mention.

6Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Sun May 25 2014, 16:50

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mixed feelings about each of the signings.

Danns was great for us, just hope he can stay motivated.

Feeney obviously isn't as good over a season as he was for us in four appearances. Millwall fans seem chuffed to see the back of him, but he could still be a useful player to have around.

I could see Freedman's thinking on Trotter, back when I thought he was the business for Millwall. I've since had a look on their boards where the general opinion is that he's bad news.

7Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Sun May 25 2014, 17:12

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:

Tierney was generally awful for us.
Daft as a brush, poor tackler, poor marker, awful distribution. He was the new Paul Robinson. And that was before a nine month lay-off.

I hope Sordell gets another chance, can't say the same for Andrews.

Dervite sounds like a classy centre half, I look forward to seeing him in the team.

8Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Sun May 25 2014, 21:15

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good to get it done early hopefully one or two more to come and go yet. If we get off to a better start [shouldn't be too difficult] than last season who knows we may challenge for a play off at least.

9Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Mon May 26 2014, 02:15

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If we signed The Juke and Mason, and Duggie was to pick the right team and be prepared to have a bit of a go, that could be the difference. I certainly think we have the personnel to be play off material next season,it's just the way Duggie's utilising and generally pissing about with them that will hold us back.

10Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Mon May 26 2014, 09:17

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Definatley need to bring in more attacking options and as has been said we need to 'have a go' instead of giving teams to much respect.

11Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Mon May 26 2014, 09:38

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Triumph out of just the 46 league games last season how many would you say we "had a go" in? The personnel might be slightly different next season but what makes anyone think that the manager will change his tactics and "have a go" at teams. I for one will be pleasantly surprised if he does but I think we'll have more of the same from a bad Championship manager who thinks he is the next Fergie.

12Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Mon May 26 2014, 09:51

I'd imagine his thinking isn't we'll have a go next season, it will be playing his system but with players who are capable of it/up for it.

13Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Mon May 26 2014, 11:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You don't get promoted playing negative football, it really is that simple.

Nothing wrong with defensive football away at the league leaders, but going to teams in the bottom half and hoping for a draw won't cut it for very long next season.

A good start is vital for Douglas I feel.

14Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Mon May 26 2014, 12:01

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To my mind, I feel he has 10 games, if after that we are struggling, the club will pot him.

15Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Mon May 26 2014, 12:16

Natasha Whittam wrote:You don't get promoted playing negative football, it really is that simple.

Athletico Madrid won the league and nearly the champions league playing 'negative' football.

16Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Mon May 26 2014, 12:37

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:To my mind, I feel he has 10 games, if after that we are struggling, the club will pot him.
 :agree:

17Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Mon May 26 2014, 12:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Athletico Madrid won the league and nearly the champions league playing 'negative' football.

Bullshit. I watched loads of their games on Sky and they were excellent in attack.

18Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Mon May 26 2014, 13:03

Ye they're great going forward, that doesn't mean they weren't set up defensively, two holding midfielders in pretty much every game and their possession in La Liga was 47%, it's a complete myth that you don't win anything being defensive, just look at Mourinho.

19Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Mon May 26 2014, 13:22

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Agree with most ..... tactics have to change. Otherwise I can't see anything other than fighting for an away point at Rotherham.  We have Mavies and possibly Holden coming back plus another one or two new signings maybe.....surely that's enough for a top six finish with a more positive attitude from the Doog.

20Impressed with doog? Empty Re: Impressed with doog? Mon May 26 2014, 15:33

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

So Owen Coyle turned the club from a mid table Premiership side to a below average Championship side, and Dumb Fuck has spent a season and a half consolidating Coyle's work, !!!!!!!!, that's impressive!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum