Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Dorian Dervite SIGNS

+2
Keegan
Sluffy
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OFFICIAL - Dorian Dervite SIGNS Empty OFFICIAL - Dorian Dervite SIGNS Tue May 27, 2014 12:41 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers will sign Dorian Dervite when his current contract at Charlton Athletic expires this summer.

The French central defender’s current deal at The Valley will expire on June 30, before he will then link up with Bolton on a three-year deal ahead of pre-season.

Dervite will become Dougie Freedman’s fifth summer signing, following on from Neil Danns, Liam Trotter, Liam Feeney and Andy Robinson's confirmed moves.

The 25-year-old has been with Charlton for the last two seasons, during which time he has made 75 appearances and scored five goals.

Dervite started his professional career with Tottenham, before leaving to sign for Spanish side Villarreal.

He has also represented France at every youth level through to the under-21s.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Having previously played with manager Dougie Freedman earlier in his career, Wanderers’ latest transfer recruit Dorian Dervite admitted that he is relishing linking up with his one-time teammate ahead of the 2014/15 campaign.

Enjoying a brief stint on loan with Southend United back in 2009, the 25-year-old explained that his short spell alongside the manager undoubtedly played its part in his decision to join the Whites on a three-year deal.

“I knew the manager from our time at Southend together when I was on loan there from Tottenham,” Dervite explained in an exclusive interview with bwfc.co.uk. “I think he liked my style of play back then and he contacted me this summer to tell me that he was very interested in signing me.

“Once I knew that, I was more than happy to join the club and it has all happened very quickly.

“When we were at Southend, he was at the end his career and I was only at the beginning of mine, but even then you could see that he was going to be a good manager.

“He was always trying to help the younger players that were willing to learn and he gave me a lot of good advice – he definitely helped me a lot.”

Bringing the curtain down on a two year spell with Charlton Athletic this summer with 75 appearances to his name for the Addicks, the Frenchman believes that his experiences at The Valley will stand him in good stead as he bids to make his name with the Trotters.

“I have played in the Championship for the past two years now – during my first season it was important for me to adapt to the league and its style of play, but in my second year I felt more comfortable and I think that people could see that in my play.

“Now I’m with Bolton, I hope that I can carry on improving and developing as a player.

“I like to play short from the back with a lot of short passes, so hopefully I can bring a bit of technicality to our game so we can win as many games as possible."

A player who boasts a significant amount of continental experience, including almost 60 caps at youth level for his homeland and a two-year stay with Spanish side Villareal, Dervite hopes that his varied experiences will ensure that he is able to make his mark from the off in the white of Wanderers.

“I’ve lived in quite a few different countries throughout my career – I’ve played in France and Spain as well as England, but I really don’t mind moving to different cities as I feel that I’m able to adapt quite well wherever I am, both on and off the pitch.

“I’ve played for my country from under-16 level to the under-21s which was a very good experience for me and I’ve also played against England at Nottingham Forest’s City Ground.

“When you play for your country, you’re playing with the best players who you can only learn from and improve your game.”

He continued: “I do like to get forward on set pieces – last season I only scored two goals which was a bit disappointing for me as I scored three the year before, but I know that I can score more and hopefully I will be able to do that for Bolton.

“I’ve finished the season quite strongly and I’m really looking forward to starting playing again because I was in a good condition and my confidence was very high, so hopefully I will be able to start well for Bolton.”

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2OFFICIAL - Dorian Dervite SIGNS Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Dorian Dervite SIGNS Tue May 27, 2014 12:44 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Good luck, lad!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3OFFICIAL - Dorian Dervite SIGNS Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Dorian Dervite SIGNS Tue May 27, 2014 5:29 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

some Charlton fans don't appear to be happy - some make some good points about the wages we pay...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4OFFICIAL - Dorian Dervite SIGNS Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Dorian Dervite SIGNS Wed May 28, 2014 11:32 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What is encouraging is that they all rate him.

Makes a change from signing e.g. Feeney coming from a club that can't wait to get rid of him.

5OFFICIAL - Dorian Dervite SIGNS Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Dorian Dervite SIGNS Wed May 28, 2014 11:45 am

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Some of the Charlton comments wide of the mark. Whilst we still have some players carrying Premier league contracts we've got rid of a few and reduced the bill. Their comment that Eagles on £30k per week is bollocks £18k per week closer. Dervite offered much lower on the new scale of contracts. Looking forward to seeing him play in Denmark.
Sounds to me like sour grapes coming from Millwall.

6OFFICIAL - Dorian Dervite SIGNS Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Dorian Dervite SIGNS Wed May 28, 2014 4:26 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We shall see .....seems like we have enough center backs at this point.  Wonder who will step aside to fit him in.

7OFFICIAL - Dorian Dervite SIGNS Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Dorian Dervite SIGNS Wed May 28, 2014 6:35 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm encouraged by the fact that no one was happy that he left.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

8OFFICIAL - Dorian Dervite SIGNS Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Dorian Dervite SIGNS Wed May 28, 2014 6:40 pm

terenceanne wrote:We shall see .....seems like we have enough center backs at this point.  Wonder who will step aside to fit him in.

Probably Zat Knight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum