Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Davies to QPR?

+8
Natasha Whittam
Hip Priest
JAH
Tigermin
aaron_bwfc
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
12 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Mark Davies to QPR? Sat Jul 19 2014, 21:50

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

QPR manager Harry Redknapp is to boost his Premier League squad by signing highly-rated midfielder Mark Davies from Bolton Wanderers this week.

Redknapp is anxious to increase his numbers at Loftus Road after training with only 15 senior players last week, including Loic Remy who is heading to Liverpool.

Davies, 26, also fits the younger age profile for new signings preferred by owner Tony Fernandes.

Fernandes allowed Redknapp to sign Rio Ferdinand last week on a Bosman free but does not want the squad to be a Dad's army.

Davies may initially join Rangers for a fee on a season-long loan until they see if they can preserve their top-flight status.

Swansea City failed in a £5million bid to sign him a year ago but this time Championship club Bolton have agreed to let him go and a deal should be finalised by the end of the week.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Re: Mark Davies to QPR? Sat Jul 19 2014, 21:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should drive a hard bargain. QPR are minted with Fernandez at the reins so it's either £5 million in cash or bugger off.

3Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Re: Mark Davies to QPR? Sat Jul 19 2014, 22:06

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Good riddance, vastly overrated.

4Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Re: Mark Davies to QPR? Sat Jul 19 2014, 22:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:We should drive a hard bargain. QPR are minted with Fernandez at the reins so it's either £5 million in cash or bugger off.

Any other club would do this, but the way we let Cahill go for next to nothing for a quality english centre back just tells you how easy we are to bargain with.

If we get £5million plus for him from QPR i'll be stunned - it will be £3mill if that.

5Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Re: Mark Davies to QPR? Sat Jul 19 2014, 22:22

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Jesus christ !!! if we let him go Dougie will strike a hard bargain and get 200 grand tops !!! Plus side is that El Prat wil be a shoe in to our midfield,happy days !!!!!!!!!!!! affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid

6Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Re: Mark Davies to QPR? Sat Jul 19 2014, 22:33

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

This is the worst news! Get rid of every one of our creative players and replace them with players that can 'put a shift in', League 2 here we come. Our club is a fucking disgrace!

7Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Re: Mark Davies to QPR? Sat Jul 19 2014, 22:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:This is the worst news! Get rid of every one of our creative players and replace them with players that can 'put a shift in', League 2 here we come. Our club is a fucking disgrace!

With all due respect I think that Mark Davies is a quality midfield player but I'm not sure that he is one of those midfielders that you could honestly say always puts a shift in. The days of the likes of Peter Reid and Ray Train have long gone.

8Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Re: Mark Davies to QPR? Sat Jul 19 2014, 22:58

Sounds like bollocks to me, it's an old rumour doing the rounds again in a rag paper. Let's see if it develops a bit more before getting into the question of actually selling.

9Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Re: Mark Davies to QPR? Sat Jul 19 2014, 22:58

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nixon says it's agent talk

10Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Re: Mark Davies to QPR? Sat Jul 19 2014, 23:04

Like Chungy his agents been gearing for a move since we went down. Can't blame them be a big pay day for them to move to a club like QPR.

11Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Re: Mark Davies to QPR? Sat Jul 19 2014, 23:43

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We don't have many payers left with a touch of class. Mavies is one of those players. If he can stay fit and be more consistent next season he can contribute greatly to a shot at the top 6. He's also needed to keep the likes of Trotter and Pratley as far away from 1st team action as possible. I say keep him unless we get an unrefusable cash offer for him.

12Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Re: Mark Davies to QPR? Sun Jul 20 2014, 00:14

Tend to agree with you Hip priest, what would you think of £5 million though - although there's no way in hell he'd cost QPR that!

13Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Re: Mark Davies to QPR? Sun Jul 20 2014, 00:38

We're fucked financially and everybody knows it.

We are desperate to generate cash and if there's even an ounce of truth in this, he'll be sold.

Forget what he can offer to the football team in terms of creativity, he's one of the few family jewels we've got left to pawn and it's now that desperate.

All we can hope is that Gartside will be bright enough to command a decent fee for him.

I'd slap a £5m tag on him and call their hand.

If they're serious they'll pay it. If not...fuck 'em.

Don't panic and take £500k for him.

If we're still anything like a serious football club, we'll hold out.

But the realist in me tells me that we're not because we're absolutely strapped and will take whatever they offer.

That's how deep in the hole we are.....

And even if we get £5m for him, we won't see that money spent on players.

We do loans and freebies now - nothing else.

14Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Re: Mark Davies to QPR? Sun Jul 20 2014, 08:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some of you clearly don't watch BWFC. How many good games did Mavies have last season? One at best.

He is absolutely fucking useless, anonymous for 95% of game time, and hardly ever scores. He's been "potentially good" for several seasons now but clearly doesn't have it in him.

Now normally I'd say this story is bullshit as surely QPR would have had him watched (if they could find him), but since Swansea singed that ponce Ngog I believe anything is possible.

Mavies also has a small knob.

15Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Re: Mark Davies to QPR? Sun Jul 20 2014, 08:34

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think getting rid of Mavies will be for the best,  when temas are attacking us hes fucking shit at Being a Man and digging deep, he only looks good now and again against a shit Team thats got nothing ti play for, hes the most over-rated played ever, if we could get 3 Million for him then QPR have more money than sense.

16Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Re: Mark Davies to QPR? Sun Jul 20 2014, 09:04

ROGUEMANNY

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I would be more than happy to sell both Davies and CYl

We have no money and no chance of promotion so no issue in getting rid of luxury players.

Chungy has never been the same player since his injury and Davies is never fit

17Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Re: Mark Davies to QPR? Sun Jul 20 2014, 09:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

as Hip Priest says he does have a touch of class but he is injured a lot and can drift out of games. That said i would still like to keep him but if we get an even halfway decent offer he will go.

This seasons midfield doesn't exactly look exciting does it? Pratley and Trotter  :facepalm:

18Mark Davies to QPR? Empty Re: Mark Davies to QPR? Sun Jul 20 2014, 10:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A loan deal is the worst possible scenario for us. It would be good to get Mavies (and others) off the books but we need the cash.

I expected a fire sale and it hasn't happened yet, but may well happen before the transfer window is out and as long as Dougie has enough talent left to survive this season we should be able to turn the corner financially and start building again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum