Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No Junk Mail

+8
Leeds_Trotter
Banks of the Croal
xmiles
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1No Junk Mail Empty No Junk Mail Fri Aug 01 2014, 19:16

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I recently volunteered to do some leaflet posting for a bit of extra cash.

In principle, I don't agree with dumping trash on people's doorsteps in the name of free advertising. I completely understand why people find it aggravating, but at the same time, it creates job opportunities here and there and is it really a big deal?

When people put up their "No Junk Mail" notices, is it to put a stop to what's a real burden in their lives, or is it just a childish "fuck you"?

2No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Fri Aug 01 2014, 21:17

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't get why people get so hung up over getting junk mail through the post, just put it in the bin if you don't want it.

It's the same with people who go on about getting junk emails...just fucking delete them!

3No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Fri Aug 01 2014, 21:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There should be some ordinance to stop junk mail it's a waste of paper. I would do a lot of good as PM but the chance has passed me by.

4No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Fri Aug 01 2014, 21:30

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's what the mail preference service is for.

5No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Fri Aug 01 2014, 22:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I delivered leaflets as a teenager,and apart from the gin trap letter boxes and dogs snapping at your fingers as you push the leaflets through,it wasn't too bad.
But after a long hot day of it I came to a large house with 3 cars on the drive and a large Alsatian chained to the wall. Seeing it was chained I marched up to the door and pushed my wares through the letter box. On my way out,the dog gave me a nasty look and bared it's teeth in a threatening manner.
I decided I wasn't having any of it,and gave the canine a piece of my considerable mind,adding to the effect by screwing up one of the leaflets and hurling it in the brutes direction.
I'm not sure at what point in the proceedings it dawned on me the the chain tethering the dog to the wall was at least 30 foot long.but I think it was as I found myself diving over the short garden wall with the creature firmly attached to my left calf. Having loosed it's grip as I hit the floor I made my escape with what was left of my dignity,and decided against a career in the postal service. Anyone who delivers leaflets has my utmost respect.

6No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Fri Aug 01 2014, 22:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Junk mail doesn't bother me and the spam filter on my email works pretty well but unsolicited phone calls really piss me off. Registering with TPS seems to have no effect whatsoever as most of these calls appear to originate from India.

7No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Fri Aug 01 2014, 23:27

We get our steak delivered from a Scottish bloke who claims to be the butcher of choice of Her Majesty The Queen of England:

http://www.donaldrussell.com/

(The royal thing isn't why we get it, I couldn't give a shit where they buy their groceries - we got a voucher in one of the wife's comics and ordered it because it was a cheap deal for a shit load of sirloin initially and it was quite nice so we still buy it now.)

Anyroad, now that we are in their system, I get at least five e-mails a week from them and we get at least two thick envelopes a week which detail their latest deals.

I don't give a shit about the e-mails, they just get binned but the physical letters do worry me a bit.

It's not very environmentally friendly, it doesn't make me want to buy more of their stuff (in fact it pisses me off) and the steak I buy off them might actually be a bit cheaper if they weren't spending so much on posting brochures out every five minutes.

It is great steak though.

8No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Fri Aug 01 2014, 23:47

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Junk mail doesn't bother me either it just goes straight into the recycling bin.

No doubt to turn up again at some later date and again finish up in the recycling bin.

Unsolicited phone calls, noticed they are getting a bit craftier with those.
They go through all the spiel about being a government backed service and then say dear customer press such a number to find out if your entitled to some compensation.

Fuck em, i'm sure whoever i'm  a customer of isn't going to ring me up and say they owe me compensation.

Just send me the fucking Cheque Very Happy

9No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Fri Aug 01 2014, 23:56

I reckon I haven't answered our land-line in about three years.

Everybody I want to speak to phones me on my mobile.

We've only got the house phone because we have to for the broadband.

It's only ever PPI twats (we've already claimed, so fuck off), Sky trying to peddle shit or BT begging us to come back.

10No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Sat Aug 02 2014, 00:33

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm just grateful I've managed to fuck British Gas off.

Boy they never give up.

They even rang next door for me.

11No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Sat Aug 02 2014, 00:46

No matter how pissed off you get with British Gas, don't ever, ever..ever switch to EON.

They are proper useless cunts who will fabricate bills, fuck your direct debit up and their call centre is populated by people who don't speak English.

(Even though it's in England.)

12No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Sat Aug 02 2014, 00:58

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Breadman wrote:I reckon I haven't answered our land-line in about three years.

It's only ever PPI twats (we've already claimed, so fuck off), Sky trying to peddle shit or BT begging us to come back.
You make a point there Breadman, there is no need for having a home phone anymore, it's just a way of getting extra money out of us by us having to pay line rental, I'm sure there will be a way to have internet without having to have line rental but they won't tell us!

13No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Sat Aug 02 2014, 07:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Breadman wrote:I reckon I haven't answered our land-line in about three years.

Yes I need to use my ancient pay as you go mobile a bit more or as everybody tells me get a new one.

Recently several people have explained that it's no good leaving messages on their mobiles as "nobody these days listens to their messages". If I want to contact them I need to learn to text.

14No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Sat Aug 02 2014, 13:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:We get our steak delivered from a Scottish bloke who claims to be the butcher of choice of Her Majesty The Queen of England:

http://www.donaldrussell.com/

(The royal thing isn't why we get it, I couldn't give a shit where they buy their groceries - we got a voucher in one of the wife's comics and ordered it because it was a cheap deal for a shit load of sirloin initially and it was quite nice so we still buy it now.)

Anyroad, now that we are in their system, I get at least five e-mails a week from them and we get at least two thick envelopes a week which detail their latest deals.

I don't give a shit about the e-mails, they just get binned but the physical letters do worry me a bit.

It's not very environmentally friendly, it doesn't make me want to buy more of their stuff (in fact it pisses me off) and the steak I buy off them might actually be a bit cheaper if they weren't spending so much on posting brochures out every five minutes.

It is great steak though.

We seem to be getting crap in the post from Donald Russell as well.

Why do you not support your local butcher if you have one?

15No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Sat Aug 02 2014, 13:45

Because he's a rip-off merchant of the highest order.

Yes, Lars of Roe Green, I'm pointing at you!

A piece of Fillet for two that shrunk to less than half its original size when cooked set us back £24 about two years ago.

Never been back.

16No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Sat Aug 02 2014, 14:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:No matter how pissed off you get with British Gas, don't ever, ever..ever switch to EON.

They are proper useless cunts who will fabricate bills, fuck your direct debit up and their call centre is populated by people who don't speak English.

Currently in a dispute with E-on.
Always pay my bills on time as I hate debt. A month ago they asked me to give them the reading so I did and they said it couldn't be right. Checked it again for them.
Then they sent me a bill for 2 and a half grand.
I advised them to go forth and multiply.
We've had our meter read 3 times in the last two years.
Apparently the readings they took were never entered on to the system so I've been paying estimated bills which are way under our usage.
Missus is a bit of a rottweiler when it comes to this sort of thing (insert dog joke here) and as it stands, the bill is down to £900 and they're offering us two years to pay it off. Missus refused.
Will see where it ends up.

17No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Sat Aug 02 2014, 15:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Because he's a rip-off merchant of the highest order.

Yes, Lars of Roe Green, I'm pointing at you!

A piece of Fillet for two that shrunk to less than half its original size when cooked set us back £24 about two years ago.

Never been back.
That really is an eye watering price!

You would have thought that the local butcher wouldn't be using cost cutting ways to keep customers coming back and with trade being at an all time low with shoppers just going to the supermarket for their meat.

We have bought steak from our local butcher in the past and although it didn't shrink much in size, it was flavourless.

He does make some tasty pork sausages though!

18No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Sat Aug 02 2014, 15:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Breadman wrote:No matter how pissed off you get with British Gas, don't ever, ever..ever switch to EON.

Currently in a dispute with E-on.
Always pay my bills on time as I hate debt. A month ago they asked me to give them the reading so I did and they said it couldn't be right. Checked it again for them.
Then they sent me a bill for 2 and a half grand.
I advised them to go forth and multiply.
We've had our meter read 3 times in the last two years.
Apparently the readings they took were never entered on to the system so I've been paying estimated bills which are way under our usage.
Missus is a bit of a rottweiler when it comes to this sort of thing (insert dog joke here) and as it stands, the bill is down to £900 and they're offering us two years to pay it off. Missus refused.
Will see where it ends up.

I think it's one of those where your picking the best energy supplier out of a bad bunch, they are all tossers.

We are with Npower and had problems with them pissing about all the time with our bills and with having a faulty meter in the past etc.

We now supply them with meter readings on a very regular basis to try and avoid bill fuckups.

19No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Sat Aug 02 2014, 15:48

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

We switched to Ovo recently. They are cheaper than most, ask for online meter readings every month (maybe because we've only been with them for a short while) and have a good clear website. No problems at all so far.

20No Junk Mail Empty Re: No Junk Mail Wed Aug 06 2014, 22:28

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was looking forward to hearing what method of cruelty Whittam likes to inflict on junk mailers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum