Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Dougie thought - Forest - VIDEO

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Dougie thought - Forest - VIDEO Empty What Dougie thought - Forest - VIDEO Sun Aug 17 2014, 12:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fair result? Yes. 

A wasted opportunity thanks to dougie making insane substitutions and parking the bus? Yes

The difference from last season? None whatsoever.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The opportunity was wasted by Mills ball-watching for their first goal and by Spearing throwing himself into a stupid tackle to give away an unnecessary penalty. Both goals were easily avoidable and were evident to all - whereas what might have happened if the subs were different is pure speculation. We might have lost.

What is not speculation is the fact that due to the subs Dougie made we created the most clearcut chance of the game by a mile - which was spurned by Cavies when my granny could have hit the target.
When a main striker gets a perfect cross unmarked and 8 yards out with only the goalie to beat to win the match, criticism of the manager's substitutions doesn't stack up - unless the criticism is that he should have taken Cavies off and put my dead granny on.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:The opportunity was wasted by Mills ball-watching for their first goal and by Spearing throwing himself into a stupid tackle to give away an unnecessary penalty. Both goals were easily avoidable and were evident to all - whereas what might have happened if the subs were different is pure speculation. We might have lost.

What is not speculation is the fact that due to the subs Dougie made we created the most clearcut chance of the game by a mile - which was spurned by Cavies when my granny could have hit the target.
When a main striker gets a perfect cross unmarked and 8 yards out with only the goalie to beat to win the match, criticism of the manager's substitutions doesn't stack up - unless the criticism is that he should have taken Cavies off and put my dead granny on.
Actually mate I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that a number of us agreed that Cravies was less than stellar and would have taken him off earlier for Beckford. That said I think it just underlined how badly we need a quality striker. 

As to your take on the clear cut chances, yes we made ONE but prior to that we were on the back foot for most of the second half and you yourself said the midfield was being predictably bypassed by Forest as a clear result of Dougie's tactics once the substitutions were made.

I find this notion that we would have won the game had we made attacking changes a bit naive to be honest. Everyone (including me) would rather see us go for it, but how do we know we wouldn't have lost if we'd 'gone for it'?

bwfc1874 wrote:I find this notion that we would have won the game had we made attacking changes a bit naive to be honest. Everyone (including me) would rather see us go for it, but how do we know we wouldn't have lost if we'd 'gone for it'?

For me at least, making the like for like changes he made yesterday and leaving Feeney on the bench at home with half an hour to go in a game that we could have won suggests that Freedman's mindset is too negative.

If it had been an away game, then fair enough, I can understand trying to protect a point but it wasn't.

It was the first home league game of the season and it sent a worrying signal out in my opinion.

It was an opportunity to put a marker down and show the fans that we're not going to be boring this season and shit-scared of losing, but he missed it.

If we're not going to go for it and try our hardest to win our home games, it's going to be a long, hard season....

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:I find this notion that we would have won the game had we made attacking changes a bit naive to be honest. Everyone (including me) would rather see us go for it, but how do we know we wouldn't have lost if we'd 'gone for it'?

For me at least, making the like for like changes he made yesterday and leaving Feeney on the bench at home with half an hour to go in a game that we could have won suggests that Freedman's mindset is too negative.

If it had been an away game, then fair enough, I can understand trying to protect a point but it wasn't.

It was the first home league game of the season and it sent a worrying signal out in my opinion.

It was an opportunity to put a marker down and show the fans that we're not going to be boring this season and shit-scared of losing, but he missed it.

If we're not going to go for it and try our hardest to win our home games, it's going to be a long, hard season....
 :agree:  :clap:

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well said Breaders, couldn't have put it better myself. Home games are there to be won in this division if you want a decent season,regardless of who the opposition is. It's obvious the fans are beginning to get heartily sick of Dougie's ridiculously over cautious tactics and the shutting up shop after half time against Forest will just create extra pressure on the manager and players in future home games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum