Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Frank Bruno

+4
bwfc71
doffcocker
largehat
Reebok Trotter
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Frank Bruno  Empty Frank Bruno Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone watching the Piers Morgan interview ? I always liked Bruno even though he wasn't the greatest of heavyweights. He is clearly a complex character who has had to deal with some strange demons but he is a likeable individual.

He was blessed with a tremendous physique and a knock-out punch but he lacked rhythm and that was his downfall as a professional boxer.

2Frank Bruno  Empty Re: Frank Bruno Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:07 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm sorry, I boycott anything with Piers Morgan in it. When he was editor of the Mirror, he was an apologist for the Saddam regime and printed fake pictures of British soldiers supposedly torturing Iraqi prisoners, thus putting soldiers - and our - lives at greater risk.

He is part of an axis of evil of smug rich twats on Twitter that includes him, Alan Sugar and Duncan Bannatyne.

3Frank Bruno  Empty Re: Frank Bruno Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:19 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't particularly like Piers Morgan. He always comes across as a smug bastard. I take anything he says with a pinch of salt. I was more interested in watching Bruno, as British as HP sauce. Know what I mean ?

4Frank Bruno  Empty Re: Frank Bruno Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:25 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Without wanting to turn this into Piers Morgan thread when it's meant to be one about Frank Bruno, I'm sort of with largehat.

The man's odious and I find the whole show cringeworthy! The questions are tailored to make the guest seem like some f@cking Martin Luther King/Marie Curie, and the audience just lap it up!

5Frank Bruno  Empty Re: Frank Bruno Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:37 am

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think most of us have a soft spot for Frank Bruno, not because he was one of the greats like Lennox Lewis, Barry McGuigan or Joe Calzaghe, but because he was an affable guy and ultimately because he was a bit of a gallant loser. I always think of Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards and Bruno in the same vein. I know his professional record was 40 wins 5 losses but he fought a lot of bums.

I read his autobiography a few years ago. The way he was treated by The Sun newspaper when he had his mental illness was awful.

6Frank Bruno  Empty Re: Frank Bruno Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:35 am

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote: as British as HP sauce. Know what I mean ?

What owned by Heinz and lives in Holland?

7Frank Bruno  Empty Re: Frank Bruno Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:45 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Morgan is a loathsome piece of scum no wonder clarkson punched him.I would have loved to have seen that.Bruno never fell for all that love him rubbish, it was obvious from his early days he had a dark side.Certainly none too bright either, i remember when he knocked out gerrie coetzee who by then was past it,the ref was trying to clear the ring to get help for the stricken fighter who was out but big dumb frank didn,t seem to notice and was trying to shake gerries hand while he was out and on the floor strange to say the least.
I find the bright pink and yellow suits he wears bloody disturbing.

8Frank Bruno  Empty Re: Frank Bruno Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:21 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember Gerrie Coetzee. He had one of the hardest punching left hands ever. I remember him winning one of Heavyweight versions of the belt when he knocked out Mike ' Dynamite ' Dokes. I remember Coetzee losing in his foirst defence to Mike ' Hercules ' Weaver and after that his career went downhill quicker than Gary Glitter.

I thought Coetzee was going to knock Bruno out but if memory serves me right, Big frank tagged him in the first round and it was all over.

9Frank Bruno  Empty Re: Frank Bruno Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:41 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:I remember Gerrie Coetzee. He had one of the hardest punching left hands ever. I remember him winning one of Heavyweight versions of the belt when he knocked out Mike ' Dynamite ' Dokes. I remember Coetzee losing in his foirst defence to Mike ' Hercules ' Weaver and after that his career went downhill quicker than Gary Glitter.

I thought Coetzee was going to knock Bruno out but if memory serves me right, Big frank tagged him in the first round and it was all over.
coetzee was shot by then.He had a so called bionic right hand from being broken and fused so many times it got rock hard.

10Frank Bruno  Empty Re: Frank Bruno Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:54 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You are correct. Coetzee had the big right hand. It was Gerry Cooney who had the monstrous left hand.

11Frank Bruno  Empty Re: Frank Bruno Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:You are correct. Coetzee had the big right hand. It was Gerry Cooney who had the monstrous left hand.
Did ya see the uppercut from foreman that destroyed cooney.

12Frank Bruno  Empty Re: Frank Bruno Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:19 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember it well. Cooney was too slow at the top level.

https://youtu.be/l2XlGWhY_5I

13Frank Bruno  Empty Re: Frank Bruno Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:36 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:I remember it well. Cooney was too slow at the top level.

https://youtu.be/l2XlGWhY_5I
Tyson didn,t want to know after that he told don king if you want the foreman fight you fight him. Laughing

14Frank Bruno  Empty Re: Frank Bruno Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:29 am

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just back from an Evening with Frank Bruno - A nice chap, who was really down to earth. His laugh is even better in real life. He gave a few guys the "Carry on dick head Stare"... they soon shut up. (I would have done too) Good man Frank!

15Frank Bruno  Empty Re: Frank Bruno Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:48 am

Always liked frank. Has his fare share of demons but i bet he had some great stories too. Where was this btid

16Frank Bruno  Empty Re: Frank Bruno Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:09 am

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bruno Bruno Bruno.

17Frank Bruno  Empty Re: Frank Bruno Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:21 am

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was in Halifax, but I think he's been doing the same thing around the country.

18Frank Bruno  Empty Re: Frank Bruno Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:35 pm

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

he has written to libdem members endorsing Norman Lamb for leader in the election...i hadnt pegged him as a natural libdem, only based on what Id read of him before, but he was very passionate on the subject

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum