Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'We can avoid the unthinkable', says Dougie Freedman ahead of Capital One Cup clash with Crewe

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman is confident Wanderers can avoid the unthinkable and begin to rebuild their season with victory over Crewe in the Capital One Cup tonight.

After four winless games in the Championship, anything less than straightforward progression against a side rock-bottom of League One would provide more ammunition for the Scot’s escalating number of critics.

The extra-time win over local rivals Bury did little to assuage the doubters in the last round – and Freedman admits a convincing performance is long overdue.

“People talk about pressure but I’m not wired that way,” he told The Bolton News.

“I see this as another game, a chance to score some goals, get a clean sheet and go from there.

“I think the game could be very important because it gives me a chance to say to the players ‘get back out there and show people what we can do’.

“Some things have obviously got to improve for that to happen but we’ll be working hard to make sure that they do.”

Other than the first half of the opening game at Watford, Freedman has refused to criticise his side’s performance levels in what has widely been regarded as a dismal start to the Championship season.

His view is not necessarily shared on the terraces but the manager does not think morale will be a problem when the two sides meet at Gresty Road tonight.

“I don’t think confidence has been hit,” he said.

“I honestly don’t think we’ve been playing badly.

“It isn’t as if we’re sitting back and playing timid football.

“I see us hitting teams on the break and giving it a right good go.

“What I see right now is that one or two things are going against us, like losing a goalkeeper or the penalty against Middlesbrough, and that highlights the fact we’re not taking our chances.”

Wanderers will run a late check on Adam Bogdan to see if he is fit to play in goal after leaving Saturday’s defeat at Brighton with a gashed head and concussion. Andy Lonergan stands by as a replacement for the Hungarian but Freedman has no issue putting the former Leeds man back into the team.

“Andy is an experienced lad, he’s been there before, so it won’t be a problem for us if Adam doesn’t come through,” he said.

In better news on the injury front, Kevin McNaughton and Dean Moxey are pencilled in to return on Saturday at Leeds United.

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie wrote:I see us hitting teams on the break and giving it a right good go.

You have to have pace to do that Dougie.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Dougie wrote:I see us hitting teams on the break and giving it a right good go.

You have to have pace to do that Dougie.
I see you have been following my recent work... Cool

Vendor

Vendor
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

More utter drivel. I am sick of hearing this crap, do one Freedman and take fatside with you.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's overthinking the unthinkable IMO.

If you think something is unthinkable doesnt that make it thinkable?

It all depends on your thinking.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:If you think something is unthinkable doesnt that make it thinkable?
Nobody will ever know...

Yeah, but what about the cat in the box, Schrodinger....?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Yeah, but what about the cat in the box, Schrodinger....?
That's almost diametrically opposite to the unthinkable. The unthinkable never exists in the quantum model because .... nobody ever thinks of it.
Whereas Schrodinger's cat exists in both alive and dead states in the quantum model until somebody looks in the box, the act of which forces an either/or decision.

And OFF needs to differentiate between the concept of the unthinkable which is "thinkable" and a specific thing that can't be thought about which obviously doesn't exist as it can't be thought about.

That said, existence outside perception is another question altogether.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If existence cannot occur outwith perception then it is inevitable that we avoid the unthinkable (or more accurately, never encounter it even if we're looking for it as it doesn't exist)

That's what I originally thought but thanks anyway for confirming that I was right.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:That's what I originally thought but thanks anyway for confirming that I was right.
Very Happy  You're up tomorrow. You can debunk String Theory for me.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Is that you, Sheldon?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Ok, here we go......

Despite the fact that you absolutely, positively, definitely know that you had a ball of string in that drawer in the kitchen where you keep all the odds and sods like an old fashioned "sewing" tape measure, spare batteries for the TV remote, a magnifying glass and a 30 Amp fuse, you can never find it when you actually need it.

And yet, several months later when you're looking in the drawer for your 7/8ths Allen key , there it is......right at the front.

This has something to do with black holes, dark matter, quantum gravity and Supersymmetry, although I'm not exactly sure how it all ties together.

I think that may be where the string comes in.

Physics.....piece of piss.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who'd have thought it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum