Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stadium

+12
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
Keegan
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
JAH
Bolton Nuts
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium Sat Sep 06 2014, 17:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Always found it to be a right soulless place.

WUM. No ground in England had an atmosphere like Burnden Park.

22Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium Sat Sep 06 2014, 17:30

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Wake up,do you think Djorkaeff or Okocha would have ever played at Burnden Park as much as Burnden Park was part of my young life it was dilapidated.Once Normid had built that monstrosity on the side of the Embankment the old girls days were numbered and that fucking carnival stand when we first got in the Premier was a laughing stock.

The reason Burnden had a better atmosphere was you could stand up proper n sing n go mental in the Burnden Paddock.Imagine Burnden as an all seater,I rest my case.The Reebok/Macron is the right size we have filled it vLeicster City 28-000+.

When we are in the Premier we regularly get 5-000 in the away end.Bolton fans 20-000+ so it was the right move.Bring back standing and the atmos would be 10x better.I got told off by some old woman for swearing in the Nat Lofthouse Upper,not the family stand ( then I could accept that) but profanities are going to slip when one of these useless twats misses the ball completely to score from 6 yards out.

23Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium Sat Sep 06 2014, 18:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:Wake up,do you think Djorkaeff or Okocha would have ever played at Burnden Park as much as Burnden Park was part of my young life it was dilapidated.Once Normid had built that monstrosity on the side of the Embankment the old girls days were numbered and that fucking carnival stand when we first got in the Premier was a laughing stock.

The reason Burnden had a better atmosphere was you could stand up proper n sing n go mental in the Burnden Paddock.Imagine Burnden as an all seater,I rest my case.The Reebok/Macron is the right size we have filled it vLeicster City 28-000+.

When we are in the Premier we regularly get 5-000 in the away end.Bolton fans 20-000+ so it was the right move.Bring back standing and the atmos would be 10x better.I got told off by some old woman for swearing in the Nat Lofthouse Upper,not the family stand ( then I could accept that) but profanities are going to slip when one of these useless twats misses the ball completely to score from 6 yards out.

You must be a fake account, no one is that dumb.

So the Reebok/Macron has more atmosphere? Do me a favour. Burnden had more life in it with just 4,000 people inside.

I'm guessing you'll be hard pressed to find anyone to support your laughable theory.

p.s. Okocha and co came for the cash and nowt else.

24Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium Sat Sep 06 2014, 18:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Always found it to be a right soulless place.

WUM. No ground in England had an atmosphere like Burnden Park.

I'm talking about the Reebok.

25Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium Sat Sep 06 2014, 19:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:Wake up,do you think Djorkaeff or Okocha would have ever played at Burnden Park
If the ££££££ was there then of course they would. Do you think that they came to the Reebok because it had a Horwich post code or something?

26Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium Sat Sep 06 2014, 20:02

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Shove yer East Stand Lower up yer arse!

Not a patch on this beauty:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Beautiful. I remember Bristol City fans ripping up their seats and launching them at us like it was yesterday.

27Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium Sun Sep 07 2014, 02:01

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Burnden park had a great atmos cos it was standing and if you couldn't fight with the away supporters you could have a go with the old bill.
The hooli van up and down Manchester Road Glory Days for a teenager who wanted a tear up with the away fans.It was a shithole and times change
If the Macron had standing the atmos would be better.You will never create the days of the 80's,90's it was different then and a different type of supporter.
Anyone think the Macron was a bad move.Okocha n Djorkaeff wouldn't of come to Burnden Park.One look and they would of run a mile dream on saggy tits.

28Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium Sun Sep 07 2014, 02:02

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I never said the Macron had more atmos my point was we had to move with the times.Dumb shit!

29Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium Tue Sep 09 2014, 19:03

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

People make the atmosphere, I stood on Burnden many a time, when it was as quiet as a mouse, however when it was buzzing it was better than at the Macron, this purely because you had to reserve your place way before kick off and the atmosphere grew and grew. Now people are sauntering round the shops at 2.50 seat guaranteed. hence no atmosphere plus the footballs dire.

Different age different game, we would be gobsmacked if the playing surface on Saturday returned to those great days? the ball sticking in mud "what's mud anyone under 30 says"

I agree with White84 No Reebok No Stars No Europe and yes that stand in front of the Normid was bloody embarrising.

30Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Stadium Wed Sep 10 2014, 08:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting to see that there's consent that Allardyce's team only came for the money, the premiership status and the ground etc - all the things dependent on the financial security that had been put it place by Rioch and Todd when they rebuilt the club.

And yet whenever there's a conversation about our past managers there's a group of posters who claim Allardyce didn't spend much.

My view will always be that Fat Sam paid through the nose to bring good players rather than develop our own/secure our future and then pissed off as soon as he was told that the spending spree couldn't last forever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum