Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ?

+5
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
Reebok_Rebel
scottjames30
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Empty Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Wed Sep 17 2014, 08:00

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With Rotherham hitting the post and it being 2-2 in the 82 minute, did Mason just give Freedman a lottery, fair play for the win, but will we be ok in our next game?

another win and we'll give him a chance and back the team again, or is this just a one off, I didn't go , but how did we do? was it down to just pure luck?

Last edited by scottjames30 on Wed Sep 17 2014, 10:01; edited 1 time in total

2Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Empty Re: Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Wed Sep 17 2014, 08:11

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Il be honest, I was thinking the same thing myself. 

Think its all going to rest on what DF does now - the team 'clicked' last night in the 2nd half, we played pretty well and looked good. Now, any manger would just stick with that setup and not fiddle around too much... 

Alas, this is Freedman - you can bet mason will be dropped on Saturday.

3Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Empty Re: Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Wed Sep 17 2014, 08:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we certainly looked better when Feeney and Chungy came on and provided a bit of width, Danns was a little bit greedy when getting near to goal and should have looked to pass more but at least he was willing to have pop at goal.

4Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Empty Re: Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Wed Sep 17 2014, 09:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ah of course it's luck when we win. 

If you go down this road you open up the have we just been unlucky before hand. I dont suspect I'll see that thread somehow. 

You can point to a bit of luck/bad luck in every game for every side.

5Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Empty Re: Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Wed Sep 17 2014, 09:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were very lucky compared to usual. Instead of having penalty decisions going against us, we had the better of the run of the ball and official decisions for once.
Dougie was lucky when he gambled and brought two wide men on as it gave us a soft centre and Rotherham nearly scored as a result. He made it a very open game.

Can't see him starting so wide open against Wolves though - they'd kill us so I expect Lee and/or Feeney to get dropped.

6Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Empty Re: Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Wed Sep 17 2014, 11:00

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Same starting 11 for the next match in my opinion, even Moxey wasn' as poxy!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

7Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Empty Re: Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Wed Sep 17 2014, 11:11

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Taking off Pratleyn Danns allowed CYL to go left mid ,Feeneyto go right mid and then Mavies was in the central mid position,from then on he had more of the ball.He passed to Mason to fire home the equaliser,then split the defence with a great pass which we also nearly scored from as Rotherhams defence was at six and sevens.Again he made a great pass that won us the corner Mason scored from.
The leaky defence Syndrome hit again and I'm not confident with Lonerghan in the net.
However we were like a different team from the first half and credit to the players for having a go but for me the change in taking off Pratley and allowing Mavies that centre midfield role was the catalyst to an amazing last 25 minutes.

8Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Empty Re: Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Wed Sep 17 2014, 11:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I saw the same pisspoor players last night, but the difference seemed to be in attitude and effort.

I've said all along, with the right attitude and 100% effort a team can go a long way.

I do think it's a bit of a false dawn, because I think a better team than Rotherham would have put us to the sword, but if that level of effort continues we won't get relegated.

However, I do think the defence is a complete shambles, none of the back 4 came out of last night with any credit.

9Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Empty Re: Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Wed Sep 17 2014, 12:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I saw the same pisspoor players last night, but the difference seemed to be in attitude and effort.

I've said all along, with the right attitude and 100% effort a team can go a long way.

I do think it's a bit of a false dawn, because I think a better team than Rotherham would have put us to the sword, but if that level of effort continues we won't get relegated.

However, I do think the defence is a complete shambles, none of the back 4 came out of last night with any credit.

You finally accept that the players are "pisspoor" and not just underachieving due to poor managerial motivational skills as you've previously intimated? 

I'm wondering how they suddenly became motivated with Dougie still at the helm given everything that's been said on this subject.

It's a quandary. Or magic.

10Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Empty Re: Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Wed Sep 17 2014, 12:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Having genuine width did change the game but it did open us up a bit too.

we did "boss" the first half but thats being polite because it was really stale. 

It's clear we play best moving down the wings or getting the ball to Mark Davies in that little hole where he can turn and run. That with the movement of Joe Mason is the only "quality" this side has.

Look at Masons work and movement for the first goal, good hold up clever movement but he needs support up and around him at all times.

11Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Empty Re: Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Wed Sep 17 2014, 20:41

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't think starting with two wide players is the way to go against Wolves at least not at the start, I expect a 5 in midfield

Spearing / Medo / Mavies / Danns / Chungy and 1 up top, Mason will probably start but I would be more inclined to play C Davies or Backford.

12Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Empty Re: Did Freedman Just Get Lucky ? Wed Sep 17 2014, 20:57

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You can't drop a player who has scored a hat trick but also Craig Davies needs to keep his place.
I'd prefer a midfield of Spearing,Garvan,Mavies!CYL.
A big problem for me is Lonerghan he's stuck to that line like glue.When Rotherham had a last minute corner he stood on his line till the ESL screamed "COLLECT IT" and he looked like he got injured as their Goalie committed a foul on him.Paddy Kenny might be the better option?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum