Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why...?

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why...? Empty Why...? Thu Sep 18 2014, 01:23

....do Forest appear to have "it" but we don't?

And please don't play the debt-card in your response.

Apparently, according to Gartside, our debt isn't a problem, so it shouldn't be a factor in why we can't win games consistently.

So what have Forest got that we haven't?

(Apart from Assombalonga - one striker does not a team make and anyway, they've got other players scoring as well.)

Why can't Douglas do what Pearce is doing (You remember him...hard bloke...tattoes..played under Clough......shit at managing City...)

2Why...? Empty Re: Why...? Thu Sep 18 2014, 07:49

A rich owner and years of solid investment in the first team. Antonio, Patterson, Assombalonga and before that Cox, Mackie. 

You may not want to hear it but like Leicester last season they've been investing year on year, that's why they have a good team and so far it's 'clicked'. I certainly don't think Stuart Pearce is a genius.

3Why...? Empty Re: Why...? Thu Sep 18 2014, 07:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think Pearce is a genius either, but I'll hazard a guess that the players want to play for him - and any that don't are bounced around the changing rooms and told to fuck off.

I bet none of the Forest players were getting pissed in Ibiza on their day off.

4Why...? Empty Re: Why...? Thu Sep 18 2014, 08:38

Ye true, both morale and confidence will be better at Forest. But the main reason they're above us and performing so well is because of having a much better team which has taken a long time to assemble and hasn't come cheap. They've also started to produce some decent players again, Lascelles, Darlow, Hunt 2 of which have been sold already but are back on loan and Hunt is now attracting premier league interest.

Saying don't mention the debt is if ignoring what's obviously the main reason for them being able to invest in quality players and we can't.

5Why...? Empty Re: Why...? Thu Sep 18 2014, 09:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched them against Derby. Wasn't particularly impressed I have to say. Thought Derby played the better football. But they were dogged and have a striker who takes his chances. Which he did. 

Just the one viewing but if that's the gold standard of championship football were not too far behind. We lack technical ability throughout the team and defensive organisation. They have a bit of both.

6Why...? Empty Re: Why...? Thu Sep 18 2014, 10:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Forest have players who can score from midfield - I'd be surprised if any club in the country has scored less goals from midfield than us over the last 18 months.

7Why...? Empty Re: Why...? Thu Sep 18 2014, 11:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Because none of our players want to be here, and NFFC players have another mindset.

8Why...? Empty Re: Why...? Thu Sep 18 2014, 11:47

Think you're probably right with that Scott.

9Why...? Empty Re: Why...? Thu Sep 18 2014, 13:15

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It won't be the sole reason Forest look a ten times better than us but I would imagine the passion from the manager on the touchline helps fires the players up at Forest.

10Why...? Empty Re: Why...? Thu Sep 18 2014, 13:26

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we drew with Forrest so they aren't that great

11Why...? Empty Re: Why...? Thu Sep 18 2014, 13:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:we drew with Forrest so they aren't that great

We once beat Atletico Madrid, so they aren't that great.

12Why...? Empty Re: Why...? Thu Sep 18 2014, 13:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

at the time, clearly not.

13Why...? Empty Re: Why...? Thu Sep 18 2014, 13:33

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On our day we could give anyone in the Championship a game, but we don't have the balls and endurance over nine months to mentally and physically get stuck in and move forwards, we have one good game and three bad games.

The answer is attitude, get them believing instead of going to Ibiza on the piss, they all have shit attitudes because their Manager just lets them get away with it.

I can imagine Dougie giving his team talk at half time and the over paid ponce's pulling funny faces behind his back trying to make everyone laugh.

14Why...? Empty Re: Why...? Thu Sep 18 2014, 13:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Passion on the touchline is just as likely to work as sitting still. 

Steve McClarren spends most of his time in the crowd and his team are quality for e.g. Pelligrini does he ever move? Probably but he's pretty stoic. 

Just go down the championship table you'll see reserved managers and "passionate" managers up the top and down the bottom in equal measure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum