Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Max Clayton signs 3 year deal

+7
boltonbonce
karlypants
White84
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Thu Sep 18 2014, 16:42

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No link to the story as in my mobile, but we have signed Max Clayton on a 3 year deal after a compensation package with Crewe had been agreed.

2Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Thu Sep 18 2014, 16:58

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bolton Wanderers have completed the signing of free agent Max Clayton after agreeing a compensation package with Crewe Alexandra.

The 20-year-old striker left Crewe at the end of last season after his contract with the Railwaymen expired and spent time training with Sunderland, Wolves and Bolton over the course of the summer.

And Dougie Freedman has now moved to bring the England youth international to Macron Stadium on a permanent deal.

Clayton has signed a three-year contract with the club.

During his time with hometown club Crewe Clayton made a total of 92 appearances, scoring 16 goals.

Clayton is eligible for the weekend’s game against Wolves at Molineux.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Thu Sep 18 2014, 17:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Flop.

4Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Thu Sep 18 2014, 17:16

Are you really allowed to call yourself a "striker" if your record is roughly one in six?

5Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Thu Sep 18 2014, 17:24

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Breadman wrote:Are you really allowed to call yourself a "striker" if your record is roughly one in six?

I suppose you can, Ngog does, what's his record one in 25?

6Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Thu Sep 18 2014, 17:34

Breadman wrote:Are you really allowed to call yourself a "striker" if your record is roughly one in six?

Ruud Van Nistelrooy had 5 in 38 when he was 20, so you can't read too much into that.

What I think's more telling is the fact nobody else has snapped up a young 'highly rated' English striker. I won't judge until I see him play though.

7Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Thu Sep 18 2014, 18:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What were the records of Mason and Juke when we got them.

Lets face it we're swimming in a shallow pool, anyone with an incredible record either isn't going to come to bolton or will have had their career fall off a cliff to wind up here.

so we gamble on a bit of potential clicking into place.

8Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Thu Sep 18 2014, 19:40

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Look at Super John McGinley before he arrived at Bolton.

9Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Thu Sep 18 2014, 22:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman on the signing of Max Clayton

Dougie Freedman believes Bolton Wanderers have pulled off a real transfer coup following the acquisition of England youth international striker Max Clayton.

The 20-year-old put pen to paper on a three-year deal at Macron Stadium on Thursday after Bolton agreed a compensation package with Crewe Alexandra.

"Max Clayton is a wonderful young player who I’ve been trying to sign for a number of years now," the manager said. "Previously, the asking price has been high.

"His contract at Crewe was up in the summer and we’ve been able to strike a compensation package with them.

"He’s previously been in training with us throughout the summer, which has got me licking my lips even more.

"He’s a fantastic signing for the football club. He’s an England youth international and one for the future.

"Can he help us straight away? Probably not. He’s unproven in the Championship but has all the qualities to be successful.

"He’s a very humble young man and the kind of player I like to work with. There won’t be too much pressure on him in the short term.

"I spoke to the board and stressed that I felt this was an opportunity that we couldn’t afford to miss.

"Max went and trained with a few clubs and decided he wanted to come and play here. That shows you we’re doing something right on the training ground."

Clayton is eligible for the weekend's game against Wolves at Molineux.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Thu Sep 18 2014, 22:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll be out on loan next week. Razz

11Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Thu Sep 18 2014, 22:35

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm licking my lips? Can he help us right now PROBABLY NOT and he's 20 wasn't a few players playing in the Premiership at 16 and 17 over the years.Rooney,Milner,Walcott( he went to the World Cup at 17.

We are in the Championship an offer to good to pass up.Freedmans going nowhere by the sounds of it the board have let him spend 300-000 k.FFS if he can't cope at 20 in the Championship I'm not holding out too much hope.

12Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Thu Sep 18 2014, 22:43

I share your disappointment that he's apparently lot ready for the first team but making players who were ready at that age is pretty irrelevant, not all players develop at the same rate and you've just named some of the best players in the country.

I'm also not sure that the board backing him with the money here proves they won't sack him. If there's any sort of long term plan from the board then signing young players when they can is going to be part of it, Clayton fits the bill and again supports the theory that we keep hearing that the club will look at promotion seriously in 5 years time.

13Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Thu Sep 18 2014, 23:47

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Nothing to say!!! just couldn't stand the vista?????

14Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Fri Sep 19 2014, 07:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote: Clayton fits the bill and again supports the theory that we keep hearing that the club will look at promotion seriously in 5 years time.

Utter garbage, if clubs could get promotion just by "looking at it", the tables would look very different.

Every season is a promotion push until you're about 10 games in and realise you're shite.

15Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Fri Sep 19 2014, 09:37

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

""Can he help us straight away? Probably not. He’s unproven in the Championship but has all the qualities to be successful."

So basically, another players career ruined. He will go and rot in this so called 'development squad' for a few months, and then go out on loan to some tin-pot league 2 side before getting released early. 

If your a 'Promising young player', BWFC shouldn't be touched with a barge pole. 

16Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Fri Sep 19 2014, 10:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:I'm licking my lips? Can he help us right now PROBABLY NOT and he's 20 wasn't a few players playing in the Premiership at 16 and 17 over the years.Rooney,Milner,Walcott( he went to the World Cup at 17.

We are in the Championship an offer to good to pass up.Freedmans going nowhere by the sounds of it the board have let him spend 300-000 k.FFS if he can't cope at 20 in the Championship I'm not holding out too much hope.

Yeah we should be targeting the very best players this country has too offer. 

Anyone got a spare 35 million?

17Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Fri Sep 19 2014, 15:29

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Handed the #12 shirt. Doesn't sound like he is meant to be in the development squad.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

18Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Fri Sep 19 2014, 15:40

Why has that picture got the sound muted?

I want to hear what that shirt has to say.

It could be important.

19Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Fri Sep 19 2014, 15:42

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

It's a secret... shhhhhhhhhhh.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

20Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Empty Re: Max Clayton signs 3 year deal Fri Sep 19 2014, 15:43

Aw, go on......tell us?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum