Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Has Your Passion Gone?

+17
Norpig
rammywhite
xmiles
Banks of the Croal
luckyPeterpiper
finlaymcdanger
bwfc71
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
karlypants
bryan458
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Has Your Passion Gone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Your Passion Gone? Sat Sep 20 2014, 23:53

I think that the fact that normally by now on a Saturday night, this site is awash with comments after we've all had time to reflect on things (and a few scoops) but tonight it's deader than Joan Rivers' monkey......tells you that something's very wrong.

It's all gone a bit flat because we all know that there's nothing more to say.

We're shit.

We're skint.

Freedman's clueless.

Gartside's in hiding in Der Bunker, frantically shoving uncut diamonds up his arse and planning his exit strategy.

Eddie Davies is dead / never existed in the first place.

And things are generally shite at BWFC.

Bollocks......

22Has Your Passion Gone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Your Passion Gone? Sun Sep 21 2014, 00:14

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The Twats have even put the Bus Fare up.

I'm beginning to think they don't want any Home Fans turning up.

23Has Your Passion Gone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Your Passion Gone? Sun Sep 21 2014, 08:38

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yes the passion is no longer there for me. It used to ruin my day when we lost but not any more. I remember how upset I was when Tranmere (Tranmere!) beat us at Wembley and were promoted instead and how devastated I was when we got relegated in 1983 (losing 4-1 at Charlton after initially taking the lead) and 1987 (being beaten by Aldershot).

Nowadays I was more upset yesterday when my wife used the wrong olives in the Greek salad we had with some lamb for dinner.

24Has Your Passion Gone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Your Passion Gone? Sun Sep 21 2014, 09:19

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's a bit of a strange feeling all this. When Wolves scored yesterday I felt that it was as inevitable as death or taxes. It didn't bother me one iota. The penalty came and went- without any emotion. When the final whistle blew- again from me none of the deep depression that used to make me turn to Leonard Cohen CDs when we lost.
 As a whole we've come to expect defeat- that's now the norm. A draw is a bonus, a win is as rare as hens teeth.
Last Tuesday, as usual, it took me forty minutes stuck in traffic to get away from the ground- with  a pathetic crowd- and I was wondering why do I bother.
I go and watch Ramsbottom Utd play quite frequently- and its actually more fun watching them win, lose or draw!
How do we re-energise, get back the excitement.
For me its not entirely about results -its more about being entertained, engaged with the football that I'm watching. I don't feel entertained at the Macron any more- just bored, frustrated and depressed at what I have to watch. Its the fact that our football is so easy for the opposition to cancel out, and so any excitement comes from the visitors.
I've had season ticket for 35 years and I'm seriously(seriously!!) thinking about not bothering next year, but to choose to go to the odd game if I've nothing better to do.
If this season continues like this then I'm not going to pay about £400 for tedium. I don't think that I'm alone in this.
After the passion that I've felt for the Wanderers since I was a kid I can't believe how the current situation has killed enthusiasm. I don't even see them as 'Bolton' Wanderers any more- just a set of 'professional' employees who play under a brand and badge called 'Bolton'- its a job, and they'd just as easily play for any other brand that pays them

25Has Your Passion Gone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Your Passion Gone? Sun Sep 21 2014, 10:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm still passionate about the Whites but there is a familiar depressing feeling when i go to home games and the chatbox for away games. It still upsets me when we lose but not quite as much as it used to. Perhaps a new manager would bring back a bit of excitement for a while but that would even die down as the club itself is in such a mess and continues on this downward spiral with no-one at the club seeming to care what the lifeblood of the club, ie the fans actually think and keep all the financial goings on secret.

26Has Your Passion Gone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Your Passion Gone? Sun Sep 21 2014, 10:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are some top posts on this thread. Someone should print it off and send it to Eddie Davies. For a guy who clearly knows how to run a business, it's amazing he would let things slide like this.

27Has Your Passion Gone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Your Passion Gone? Sun Sep 21 2014, 12:14

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Having followed the team since the days of Sir Nat, Tommy Banks et al and every year since with a season ticket most years and a regular away from home just don't feel it now.
Had my return flight tickets and hotel booked for Denmark for the pre season tour and received my season ticket in the post thought 'Bollocks', didn't bother going to the airport for the flight and haven't attended a single match home or away this season.
Probably feeling like all on here......It's a sickness needing an anti-dope. 
Passion starts at the top, Dougie shows none which seems to infect the team. Have never heard his mentor speak since their arrival at the club so don't know if he's got any. Dougie complained the other day about being unable to keep a stable line up yet changes the team every game.
The team apparently looks like a rudderless ship.

Writing this note in a state of despair, something's got to happen to reignite me!

28Has Your Passion Gone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Your Passion Gone? Sun Sep 21 2014, 13:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some quality posts from the last page on this thread. I tend to agree with most of the comments. Every season I ask myself whether it is worth the trouble of renewing my ST.

Crowds have dropped substantially and the football is pretty dire. It's all doom and gloom with no light at the end of the tunnel. I don't know the answer. I wish I did.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Sun Sep 21 2014, 13:49; edited 1 time in total

29Has Your Passion Gone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Your Passion Gone? Sun Sep 21 2014, 13:49

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Yes, there are some good comments on this thread. But, I am just as passionate as ever. Its a fucking drug this BWFC thing. I get over excited on match days. I get angry when we lose (just ask the cat!!) I am delirious when we win.

Maybe attending matches in the 80s with under 3000 on Burnden has given me some perspective on our current plight.

One thing I know for sure, I will never defect to a tin-pot outfit like Chorley Smile

30Has Your Passion Gone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Your Passion Gone? Sun Sep 21 2014, 14:02

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

rammywhite wrote:It's a bit of a strange feeling all this. When Wolves scored yesterday I felt that it was as inevitable as death or taxes. It didn't bother me one iota. The penalty came and went- without any emotion. When the final whistle blew- again from me none of the deep depression that used to make me turn to Leonard Cohen CDs when we lost.
 As a whole we've come to expect defeat- that's now the norm. A draw is a bonus, a win is as rare as hens teeth.
Last Tuesday, as usual, it took me forty minutes stuck in traffic to get away from the ground- with  a pathetic crowd- and I was wondering why do I bother.
I go and watch Ramsbottom Utd play quite frequently- and its actually more fun watching them win, lose or draw!
How do we re-energise, get back the excitement.
For me its not entirely about results -its more about being entertained, engaged with the football that I'm watching. I don't feel entertained at the Macron any more- just bored, frustrated and depressed at what I have to watch. Its the fact that our football is so easy for the opposition to cancel out, and so any excitement comes from the visitors.
I've had season ticket for 35 years and I'm seriously(seriously!!) thinking about not bothering next year, but to choose to go to the odd game if I've nothing better to do.
If this season continues like this then I'm not going to pay about £400 for tedium. I don't think that I'm alone in this.
After the passion that I've felt for the Wanderers since I was a kid I can't believe how the current situation has killed enthusiasm. I don't even see them as 'Bolton' Wanderers any more- just a set of 'professional' employees who play under a brand and badge called 'Bolton'- its a job, and they'd just as easily play for any other brand that pays them
:clap: :agree: I could have written that post,spot on.

31Has Your Passion Gone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Your Passion Gone? Sun Sep 21 2014, 14:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:One thing I know for sure, I will never defect to a tin-pot outfit like Chorley Smile

I'm close to issuing another death threat.

32Has Your Passion Gone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Your Passion Gone? Sun Sep 21 2014, 15:40

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Brilliant. lPp will be pleased he is temporarily off your radar!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum