Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Defiant boss Freedman believes he is still the man for the job despite poor run of results

+7
Hipster_Nebula
bryan458
wanderlust
Norpig
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman faced up to more calls for him to be removed as manager of Bolton Wanderers by stating defiantly that he is still the right man to lead the club.

Saturday’s 1-0 defeat against Wolves leaves his side above the relegation zone on goal difference after one win in eight games.

Travelling fans made their feelings known in the second half at Molineux but there has been no indication whatsoever from the Whites hierarchy that a change of manager is being considered.

Freedman hinted for the first time that some of the problems his side have encountered in the last 12 months have been based on the huge number of loan players imported into the squad.

“I’m very convinced I’m the person who can improve this,” he said after the game. “We’ve taken huge strides off the field but that has not been mirrored on it.

“On the field there has been a lot of movement, in and out, and I’ve never been able to get a settled side.

“The minute I get a settled team, four or five loans go back. We still need to add a little bit of sparkle and that seems to come to us not at the start of the season but halfway through it.”

Nouha Dicko, the former Wigan striker, scored the winning goal at Molineux to give Wolves their first win over Bolton in five years and send Kenny Jackett’s side third in the table.

But Freedman argued that Wanderers were well worth at least a point after wasting some excellent opportunities in a second half they dominated – including a missed penalty from Owen Garvan.

“Football is a results business, I understand that, but it doesn’t always give you the full picture,” he said.

“I’m giving it everything I’ve got. I’m working very hard and when you look at the players’ performances, we’re not a million miles away.

“I just feel that people need to understand where we are as a football club and what we’ve got.

“If someone said to me before we got here that I’d have a penalty and three or four really good chances and still not leave Molineux without a result, I’d have thought they were mad.

“We can’t keep calling ourselves unlucky. We need a mentality where we take chances when they come along.”

Asked for his opinion on the chants of “Freedman Out” that first appeared midway through the second half, the Wanderers boss produced a diplomatic answer.

“Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I’ve got absolutely no problem with it at all,” he said.

“Fans pay good money and tickets are expensive nowadays so that’s nothing I can do anything about.

“My concern is just trying to get the players to perform.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Freedman hinted for the first time that some of the problems his side have encountered in the last 12 months have been based on the huge number of loan players imported into the squad.

And whose fault is that Douglas you bellend?

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Poor deluded fool.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

all this crap about not having a settled side is his own fault, yes we have a few loans but his constant tinkering doesn't help week in week out. And also most of the loans from last season are back on permanent contracts or another loan! Hardly new to the team are they?.
If the hardcore away fans are chanting Freedman out you can bet it will happen very soon at the Macron.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:Freedman hinted for the first time that some of the problems his side have encountered in the last 12 months have been based on the huge number of loan players imported into the squad.

And whose fault is that Douglas you bellend?
That will be the Board failing/being unable to back him in transfers and forcing him into the loan market.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
That will be the Board failing/being unable to back him in transfers and forcing him into the loan market.

Predictably boring.

Other managers have been able to sign players for peanuts and turn them into half decent players. Even if it's only one or two, it makes a huge difference.

Dougie hasn't done this - and the players he does sign seem to get worse under him.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

"On the field I've never been able to get a settled side", did the idiot actually say that, priceless!!!!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Predictably boring.

Other managers have been able to sign players for peanuts and turn them into half decent players. Even if it's only one or two, it makes a huge difference.

Dougie hasn't done this - and the players he does sign seem to get worse under him.

to be fair dougie has turned quite a few players most had never even heard of into solid performers, most slagged to fuck before they'd even pulled on the shirt.

Mason, Juke, Danns, Feeney, Hutton just off the top of my head. All solid performers under him and obviously haven't "got worse" so thats basically a lie.

has he signed some poor ones too? Yep, most managers do, especially when you operate so often in the loan market. Check Coyles "amazing" loan record for evidence.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Mason, Juke, Danns, Feeney, Hutton just off the top of my head. All solid performers under him and obviously haven't "got worse" so thats basically a lie.

I meant players he'd signed.

Danns has been poor this season, Feeney equally so. What happened to Medo the great black hope? Beckford can't hit a barn door, Moxey looks awful and don't even get me started on Liam Trotter who Dougie knew was shit before giving him a 3 year deal.

But one thing all these signings have in common under Dougie - not a single one has cemented a place in the first team.

So whose fault is that? Either the players were pisspoor to start with, or they went pisspoor as soon as Dougie bought them.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really don't agree on Danns or Feeney.

Medo has been up and down so I hear but there's quite a few saying he should play instead of Spearing.

Moxey has had a bad start no doubt but a bit early to write him off. 

Trotter has barely been fit but he's not played well.

mixed bag really IMO of course.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I really don't agree on Danns or Feeney.

Medo has been up and down so I hear but there's quite a few saying he should play instead of Spearing.

Danns & Feeney have been poor this season. A fact confirmed by the fact both have been in and out all season.

Surely it's reasonable to expect in over 18 months a few players signed by Dougie to be regulars? Only Spearing could consider himself an ever present.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It doesn't confirm anything with a manager who regularly rotates. 

we forgot Craig Davies who's been praised this season. Another Dougie pick up.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you're trying to find players who are available on a free transfer and aren't in a position to offer them a decent contract you know there's going to be a reason why anyone who meets the criteria is available.
Usually it's because they're crap.
Occasionally it's because they are injury prone and nobody else is prepared to take the risk.
Very rarely, it's because they've been "misunderstood" and have the capacity to be excellent if only the right guidance can be given.
But for the most part you're looking at a load of crap.
Above all, you go into it knowing full well you are about to take a gamble.

The trick with gambling on reject players is to spend as little as possible, play them as soon as possible for as often as possible and then dump them as fast as possible if they don't work out. Then gamble on the next suspect. 

Judging Dougie on his signings is a very tricky game to play as he was never going to unearth a team of hidden top talent and we'll see how his current gambles pan out. But in this game, I'd be more inclined to see how fast he gets rid of the ones who won't make it.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whenever we've picked up our season it's because of the loanees brought in. Then we start a new season without those loanees and he moans. Then he says the loanees have had to go back though whoFFS. Then he's hoping to sign Mr X in the hope of turning our season around, then sends some of our up and coming out on loan. He's grasping at straws and needs serious help. Perhaps he should have the players in for a clear the air meeting and get some feedback. I watch a Kent amateur team quite regularly and Hackney Marshes and they all seem to have at least some heart. The Trotters have just given up. Once they become good they're either shipped out or become injured. Big Sam must be wondering WTF happened.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He would be a great car sales man.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

“We’ve taken huge strides off the field but that has not been mirrored on it.

Who are the players who wear huge strides that he is referring to ? Professional athletes should be fit and slim. Any players caught shopping in Jacamo should have their contracts cancelled.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:
karlypants wrote:

“We’ve taken huge strides off the field but that has not been mirrored on it.

Who are the players who wear huge strides that he is referring to ? Professional athletes should be fit and slim. Any players caught shopping in Jacamo should have their contracts cancelled.

That's all very well having huge strides but those players are generally pants.  Shocked

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No point worrying. We're going down, Dougie will be telling us "w're turning the corner" the day relegation is certain and the day after it'll be "We almost got there but for bad ref/unlucky us/lucky them" and all the other junk.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum